Facet of Light

Virdo.1540

Why does the facet of light has to be the ONLY facet with a stupid cast-time? It is the only facet that is really important when it comes to pvp and a cast time makes it about 300% worse.Thanks to ALL the mesmer builds, this facet is able to be (almost always) interrupted get an way higher cooldown. Everyone who can stun is always the one that stuns while having this "0.25sec cast time". Thanks to the serverlag or wvw-lag its waay more than just 1/4 sec.Why cant it just be like all the other facets?

I'm not sure how to explain to you better than being able to activate it and any point and time would basically be overpowered. There is no healing skill in the game that can be used without any cast time, the fact that we can have the heal up after it's short activation is a really powerful thing.

@Virdo.1540 said:Just saying ,if they would make it like Every other facet and turn the Healing itself into an Cast-Skill and not the passive facet, It would be incredibly more good

And then it would even line up with every other facet the herald has.

That would be a significantly huge nerf. Means you can no longer play with the facet active and then insta-pop it as you're about to get burst. Part of what makes it so good is that you can activate it while CC'd or while casting other skills.

@Virdo.1540 said:the regen can be given by every other class too... and it sounds just much, but its just 100 per player, so almost nothing

Well i play support herald / ventari so I’m ok with its functionality if I don’t have facets I’ll have Another 1.5k heal every 3 sec to 5 players.

And that’s the smaller heals I have :/

Herald is themed to take care of it’s allies and it’s a great class imo, but somehow revenant still feels incomplete due the lack of legends that could improve builds roles.Next legend for rev Anet need to focus hard on a decent melee power class because that’s what players are enforcing how herald should be played.

Maybe if they fix our shield 5 root the self heals could be better.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:the regen can be given by every other class too... and it sounds just much, but its just 100 per player, so almost nothing

Well i play support herald / ventari so I’m ok with its functionality if I don’t have facets I’ll have Another 1.5k heal every 3 sec to 5 players.

Herald is themed to take care of it’s allies and it’s a great class imo, but somehow revenant still feels incomplete due the lack of legends that could improve builds roles.Next legend for rev Anet need to focus hard on a decent melee power class because that’s what players are enforcing how herald should be played.

well its supposed to be a support-role but way less support than druid, firebrand,renegade,mesmer,necro and and and... Its bad in maaany aspects

@Virdo.1540 said:

well its supposed to be a support-role but way less support than druid, firebrand,renegade,mesmer,necro and and and... Its bad in maaany aspects

Yah but those classes set up 3 utilities and can’t change, rev players can, and herald is more like a passive support and change until something is needed, perma prot, boon duration forbstack and blasts, fury etc.Herald is a support bruiser, block and heal aoe heal, passive heal, some group condinremoval with staff and shield it’s amazing when teamed with a FB.

There’s some energy and micromanagement attention to when playing the class, for power builds I can see how tricky sometimes activating facet of ligh 2x is, a little bit of desync and lag and ur done, due sometimes skill get on loadiiing process and how fast Anet made some classes spam able.

Issue with herald is it’s themefor support but u have to use other legends as well, it works on power builds but there will be a better legend for that, since its not the main theme of it kinda works like the old battery necro from gw1 powering its allies and a paragon making alies move alfaster and healing, giving m8 fury...

For power builds rev needs a better legend, that players will tpair with shiro/assassin, or jalis, btw assassin legend heal skill needs QoL.

100% fine as is, adds some counterplay for the skill as an opponent should absolutely be able to lock you down and kill you if you don't have stunbreaks. You should not be given a get out of jail free card as herald was when it was released, and the change to give Light passive a cast time was made for this very reason.