Gem store prices

Edited:Just find a few stuff in gem store a little pricey.Understandably nowadays videogames are businesses that need to generate revenew.

Ofcourse I don't have to buy anything to enjoy the game.However, Everybody's budget is different, and just think there should be sales more often on things that are actually useful, such as instant lvl 80, storage panes, name changes, etc...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Minor nitpick

● Trading post.

It’s Gemstore, not Trading Post. The Trading Post is where you sell your loot for gold/silver.

But a lot of stuff on sale is complete and utter useless, such as a rock for a mini.

Them’s fighting words. I love my Mini Pet Rock.

Gem store, right right.Thanks for that....and lol. You actually bought the mini pet Rock?It does have its charm. It's hilarious, I might add.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

● Trading post.

It’s Gemstore, not Trading Post. The Trading Post is where you sell your loot for gold/silver.

But a lot of stuff on sale is complete and utter useless, such as a rock for a mini.

Gem store, right right.Thanks for that....and lol. You actually bought the mini pet Rock?It does have its charm. It's hilarious, I might add.

Of course I bought it. What sane person could pass up a pet rock with googly eyes‽

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

● Trading post.

Of course I bought it. What sane person could pass up a pet rock with googly eyes‽

Love mine too! Oh yea and the flopping fish ... mini nut here, my other half on the other hand is a mount skin nut so it all balances out I guess.

Personally I like that the majority of stuff in the gem store is cosmetic and has no actual use. That way I don't need to buy any of it unless I actually like it enough to pay for it. If the put more features and content into the gem store this would be a much more expensive game for me.

● Trading post.

In my other MMO I bought a pet rock without goggly eyes which isn't even animated. (Although it does appear behind you in a puff of smoke, periodically confusing people who see it.) And in that game I'm not even collecting mini pets.

● Trading post.

All jokes aside, the OP has a point, there are some really silly things that have been put up for sale in the store. I mean they could probably drop a mini dog poop into the gemstore and players would rush to buy it.. 400 gems for a scoop of poop to follow us around,.. errm plz ANET don't take this seriously, its not meant as a suggestion :)

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:● Trading post/Gem StoreI understand that micro transaction is one of the ways ANet makes their money.But a lot of stuff on sale is complete and utter useless, such as a rock for a mini.Most of the skins should be end game prizes, rather than purchases.Name changes, hair and style changes, etc are way too expensive.I didn't find it fare that skyscale and warclaw skins, such as branded come in a pack with others, when instead should be added to their respective pack; and people who already purchase them, should get it free. Alternatively should be sold separately. 2000 gems for a skinpack is an obscene amount of money.Lion chests should give better content. Getting common crafting materials in it is just an insult.Promotions are majorly on stuff that nobody wants or has little to no sales.I know it's called marketing, but I don't think at this point there is much of a choice here.More promotions needs to be done, more often, and stuff people actually want; such as bank storage panes, name changes, shared inventory slots, instant level 80s.Ok, my turn to rant then because I'm getting tired of seeing it.

There seems to be a massive disconnect between people that has played the game for nearly a decade racking up 5000+, 10,000+ or 15,000+ hours and people that feel entitled to have all the things now now now on the gemstore. You're not meant to see everything and then cough up $300 worth of America monies just because you need it. 2000 gems is an obscene amount of money? It's about 800 gold If I'm not too off. People spend 3 times that on a legendary. People have multiple legendaries. Some people have all the legendaries... and then some people think 2000 gems is an "obscene amount of money".

No, that's just outright silly. As long as we can convert gold->gems, that's not how GW2 works.

There are alot of cosmetics and things I consider needed for good gameplay experience - hell I got like 6 bank tabs full of crap - but as you play the game for a very, very, very long time... then you can earn those "end game prices". Because you got gold. And for that you can buy gems. Yes, it may take a month to get that extra character slot. It may take 6 months to kit out that character with all bagslots. It doesnt matter. Even a year is nothing.

So yeah, sure you can spend real money to speed up the time in which you get upgrades and cosmetics for your account. That's fine. That's why it's there, that's how it's designed. But here's the simple truth: Most of us play GW2 to waste time.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:● Trading post/Gem StoreI understand that micro transaction is one of the ways ANet makes their money.But a lot of stuff on sale is complete and utter useless, such as a rock for a mini.Most of the skins should be end game prizes, rather than purchases.Name changes, hair and style changes, etc are way too expensive.I didn't find it fare that skyscale and warclaw skins, such as branded come in a pack with others, when instead should be added to their respective pack; and people who already purchase them, should get it free. Alternatively should be sold separately. 2000 gems for a skinpack is an obscene amount of money.Lion chests should give better content. Getting common crafting materials in it is just an insult.Promotions are majorly on stuff that nobody wants or has little to no sales.I know it's called marketing, but I don't think at this point there is much of a choice here.More promotions needs to be done, more often, and stuff people actually want; such as bank storage panes, name changes, shared inventory slots, instant level 80s.Ok, my turn to rant then because I'm getting tired of seeing it.

There seems to be a
massive
disconnect between people that has played the game for nearly a decade racking up 5000+, 10,000+ or 15,000+ hours and people that feel entitled to have all the things
now now now
on the gemstore. You're not meant to see everything and then cough up $300 worth of America monies just because you
need it
. 2000 gems is an obscene amount of money? It's about 800 gold If I'm not too off. People spend 3 times that on a legendary. People have
multiple
legendaries. Some people have
all the legendaries
... and then some people think 2000 gems is an "obscene amount of money".

No, that's just outright silly. As long as we can convert gold->gems, that's not how GW2 works.

There are alot of cosmetics and things I consider
needed
for good gameplay experience - hell I got like 6 bank tabs full of kitten - but as you
play the game for a very, very, very long time
... then you can earn those "end game prices". Because you got gold. And for that you can buy gems. Yes, it may take a month to get that extra character slot. It may take 6 months to kit out that character with all bagslots. It doesnt matter. Even a year is
nothing

So yeah, sure you can spend real money to speed up the time in which you get upgrades and cosmetics for your account. That's fine. That's why it's there, that's how it's designed. But here's the simple truth:
Most of us play GW2 to waste time

May not be a lot to you, but it is around where I live.Just an example. Whilst countries like any in UK, Germany, or France that averages 2 to 3 grand monthly wages, over here is just little over 500.It's a huge difference.Say that again that isn't a lot?2000 gems are €30, which means a 12-14 hours daily shift, worth 2 days of work.Sorry but not everyone is willing to regularly throw away 2 days worth of hard work in a videogame.Which means, I'm not entitled; am I?I've got nothing of entitlement.Been working hard for almost 30 years mate.Just a shame that things are the way they are, and games are a business that needs to make money.I understand that they're not here to give charity to any exceptions, but you have to see it from all different angles.It's no one's fault that my country's economy is rubbish; governed by utter useless people, but hey.Hope that was enlightening at least.

Well here's some serious baiting. Most of what you've said is extremely ill-informed, almost like you've read only the worst ranting posts on the forums and then made your own without any game experience whatsoever. Play the game. Every profession and every weapon has its place except maybe the occasional random offhand, which Anet still works to make better. Work for your gemstore stuff either with time at a real life job or in game time or don't buy it. All of these cosmetic things you're hating on are completely optional, so if you don't want that mini pet rock then don't buy it.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:2000 gems are €30, which means a 12-14 hours daily shift, worth 2 days of work.

Are you working for €2-3 an hour? Surely there's some minimum wage rules against that. This really seems like a trolling post.

I agree with the pricing being too high in just about every game that has copied the mobile games tactics of using Micro Transactions.

Instead of selling something for say $5 to ten players and making $50. You could sell it for $2.50 to twenty players and make your $50.Is it a tactic to keep items unique or to separate the community further between those that can pay the price and those that cannot, perhaps it's just Greed??

I understand it's a business and they need to generate revenue, but the pricing on non physical items in games is ridiculous.

@Aaron Forestman.4758 said:Well here's some serious baiting. Most of what you've said is extremely ill-informed, almost like you've read only the worst ranting posts on the forums and then made your own without any game experience whatsoever. Play the game. Every profession and every weapon has its place except maybe the occasional random offhand, which Anet still works to make better. Work for your gemstore stuff either with time at a real life job or in game time or don't buy it. All of these cosmetic things you're hating on are completely optional, so if you don't want that mini pet rock then don't buy it.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:2000 gems are €30, which means a 12-14 hours daily shift, worth 2 days of work.

Are you working for €2-3 an hour? Surely there's some minimum wage rules against that. This really seems like a trolling post.

That's the rule.Minimum wage here is around that €2 odd an hour.They haven't raised wages in almost two decades, if not more.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:● Trading post/Gem StoreI understand that micro transaction is one of the ways ANet makes their money.But a lot of stuff on sale is complete and utter useless, such as a rock for a mini.Most of the skins should be end game prizes, rather than purchases.Name changes, hair and style changes, etc are way too expensive.I didn't find it fare that skyscale and warclaw skins, such as branded come in a pack with others, when instead should be added to their respective pack; and people who already purchase them, should get it free. Alternatively should be sold separately. 2000 gems for a skinpack is an obscene amount of money.Lion chests should give better content. Getting common crafting materials in it is just an insult.Promotions are majorly on stuff that nobody wants or has little to no sales.I know it's called marketing, but I don't think at this point there is much of a choice here.More promotions needs to be done, more often, and stuff people actually want; such as bank storage panes, name changes, shared inventory slots, instant level 80s.Ok, my turn to rant then because I'm getting tired of seeing it.

There seems to be a
massive
disconnect between people that has played the game for nearly a decade racking up 5000+, 10,000+ or 15,000+ hours and people that feel entitled to have all the things
now now now
on the gemstore. You're not meant to see everything and then cough up $300 worth of America monies just because you
need it
. 2000 gems is an obscene amount of money? It's about 800 gold If I'm not too off. People spend 3 times that on a legendary. People have
multiple
all the legendaries

needed
for good gameplay experience - hell I got like 6 bank tabs full of kitten - but as you
... then you can earn those "end game prices". Because you got gold. And for that you can buy gems. Yes, it may take a month to get that extra character slot. It may take 6 months to kit out that character with all bagslots. It doesnt matter. Even a year is
nothing

So yeah, sure you can spend real money to speed up the time in which you get upgrades and cosmetics for your account. That's fine. That's why it's there, that's how it's designed. But here's the simple truth:

May not be a lot to you, but it is around where I live.Just an example. Whilst countries like any in UK, Germany, or France that averages 2 to 3 grand monthly wages, over here is just little over 500.It's a huge difference.Say that again that isn't a lot?2000 gems are €30, which means a 12-14 hours daily shift, worth 2 days of work.Sorry but not everyone is willing to regularly throw away 2 days worth of hard work in a videogame.Which means, I'm not entitled; am I?I've got nothing of entitlement.Been working hard for almost 30 years mate.Just a shame that things are the way they are, and games are a business that needs to make money.I understand that they're not here to give charity to any exceptions, but you have to see it from all different angles.It's no one's fault that my country's economy is rubbish; governed by utter useless people, but hey.Hope that was enlightening at least.

Who is making you throw away 2-3 days worth of hard work on a video game.. unless you didn't read .. you don't have to shell out a single penny if your prepared to be patient, play the game, earn your gold and convert it to gems. Your making drama when there is none to be had.The only thing your being forced to do is decide if you want something or not - how your prepared to fund getting it is all on you.Gemstore fluff provides zero advantage in game its just cosmetics so there is no reason other than your own desire to look good, have pets by your side, have a mount with your own taste in pyjamaware or play a game of chance with some chests and keys.

Hope that was equally as enlightening at the very least

● Trading post.

I bought a "pet rock" back in the '70s.I taught mine to 'sit,' 'stay,' and 'play dead.'

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:● Trading post/Gem StoreI understand that micro transaction is one of the ways ANet makes their money.But a lot of stuff on sale is complete and utter useless, such as a rock for a mini.Most of the skins should be end game prizes, rather than purchases.Name changes, hair and style changes, etc are way too expensive.I didn't find it fare that skyscale and warclaw skins, such as branded come in a pack with others, when instead should be added to their respective pack; and people who already purchase them, should get it free. Alternatively should be sold separately. 2000 gems for a skinpack is an obscene amount of money.Lion chests should give better content. Getting common crafting materials in it is just an insult.Promotions are majorly on stuff that nobody wants or has little to no sales.I know it's called marketing, but I don't think at this point there is much of a choice here.More promotions needs to be done, more often, and stuff people actually want; such as bank storage panes, name changes, shared inventory slots, instant level 80s.Ok, my turn to rant then because I'm getting tired of seeing it.

There seems to be a
massive
now now now
need it
multiple
all the legendaries

needed
nothing

Who is making you throw away 2-3 days worth of hard work on a video game.. unless you didn't read .. you don't have to shell out a single penny if your prepared to be patient, play the game, earn your gold and convert it to gems. Your making drama when there is none to be had.The only thing your being forced to do is decide if you want something and how your prepared to fund getting it, because gemstore fluff has provides zero advantage in game its just cosmetics so there is no reason other than your own desire to look good, have pets by your side, or have a mount with your own taste in pyjamaware.

Storage panes, level boosters, etc... aren't cosmetic, are they?Thus, they do help a lot.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

There seems to be a
massive
now now now
need it
multiple
all the legendaries

needed
nothing

May not be a lot to you, but it is around where I live.Just an example. Whilst countries like any in UK, Germany, or France that averages 2 to 3 grand monthly wages, over here is just little over 500.It's a huge difference.Say that again that isn't a lot?2000 gems are €30, which means a 12-14 hours daily shift, worth 2 days of work.Sorry but not everyone is willing to regularly throw away 2 days worth of hard work in a videogame.Which means, I'm not entitled; am I?I've got nothing of entitlement.Been working hard for almost 30 years mate.Just a shame that things are the way they are, and games are a business that needs to make money.I understand that they're not here to give charity to any exceptions, but you have to see it from all different angles.It's no one's fault that my country's economy is rubbish; governed by utter useless people, but hey.Hope that was enlightening at least.Sounds just like entitlement, yes, and wanting it
now now now
. So you earn less money... many people do. Then spend the time getting gold. Or save over longer time. Just saving €1 a day and you'll have enough in 30 days. Or save €0.5 a day and have it in 2 months. Maybe after two months you only need to spend €15 worth of cash and can convert the remaining from gold. Doesnt sound that hard compared to working for 30 years mate.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

There seems to be a
massive
now now now
need it
multiple
all the legendaries

needed
nothing

May not be a lot to you, but it is around where I live.Just an example. Whilst countries like any in UK, Germany, or France that averages 2 to 3 grand monthly wages, over here is just little over 500.It's a huge difference.Say that again that isn't a lot?2000 gems are €30, which means a 12-14 hours daily shift, worth 2 days of work.Sorry but not everyone is willing to regularly throw away 2 days worth of hard work in a videogame.Which means, I'm not entitled; am I?I've got nothing of entitlement.Been working hard for almost 30 years mate.Just a shame that things are the way they are, and games are a business that needs to make money.I understand that they're not here to give charity to any exceptions, but you have to see it from all different angles.It's no one's fault that my country's economy is rubbish; governed by utter useless people, but hey.Hope that was enlightening at least.Sounds just like entitlement, yes, and wanting it
now now now
. So you earn less money... many people do. Then spend the time getting gold. Or save over longer time. Just saving €1 a day and you'll have enough in 30 days. Or save €0.5 a day and have it in 2 months. Maybe after two months you only need to spend €15 worth of cash and can convert the remaining from gold. Doesnt sound that hard compared to working for 30 years mate.

You can come up with all the answers you want, still doesn't change the fact that gem store items are too expensive for what they are. It's just my oppinion?Fine, it's my oppinion.But know that the videogame business is getting more and more competitive.GW2 doesn't have nowhere near as many players as they used to... and with all that's going on, such as people getting laid off, others leaving, I think they need to secure their loyal players. As many as they can, for as long as they can; unless they aren't that bothered about it, then, well, that's a whole different story.I was kinda joking about this whole thing, as I did say in the first post, but here's a more serious answer.It is unfortunate that GW2 future doesn't seem very bright, and will end up like GW1; with just a handful of players.This isn't about me and my poor wallet buddy, this is, and always was about ANet itself and GW2.

Thanks all the same, for your so very kind words.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

There seems to be a
massive
now now now
need it
multiple
all the legendaries

needed
nothing

Who is making you throw away 2-3 days worth of hard work on a video game.. unless you didn't read .. you don't have to shell out a single penny if your prepared to be patient, play the game, earn your gold and convert it to gems. Your making drama when there is none to be had.The only thing your being forced to do is decide if you want something and how your prepared to fund getting it, because gemstore fluff has provides zero advantage in game its just cosmetics so there is no reason other than your own desire to look good, have pets by your side, or have a mount with your own taste in pyjamaware.

Storage panes, level boosters, etc... aren't cosmetic, are they?Thus, they do help a lot.

Sure they help.. but are you forced to buy them?, to be fair ANET actually give a lot of convenience for free right out of the box compared to some other MMO's out there.Even if you feel forced to buy anything from the gemstore you absolutely don't have to spend a penny.. that is the point, not which items you want to buy.Bottom line, this is a business that is in it to make money just like BMW and their car upgrades... they don't make the car any more of a car its just a buyers choice to have shiny alloys, metallic paint, leather seats and some bright go fast stripes down the sides, at least with GW2 you can experience all that without opening the wallet if you choose to be patient. Its not like gold is hard to come by in the game is it.