Clones' damage

Virdo.1540

I know, the clones power damage is about 20dmg per hit or so... so very low like "illusions" should doBut why do they have to make conditions with the Full power? Every clone makes torment, fire etc for enormous amount of damage Isnt that kinda op? Shouldnt they be like other clones stats when it comes to damage?

@"Virdo.1540" said:I know, the clones power damage is about 20dmg per hit or so... so very low like "illusions" should doBut why do they have to make conditions with the Full power? Every clone makes torment, fire etc for enormous amount of damage Isnt that kinda op? Shouldnt they be like other clones stats when it comes to damage?

becouse mesmer doesnt deal damage, so clones have to.

I imagine making fake conditions for the clones to inflict would've been too difficult. So, Anet had one of two options: make it so all the damage comes from the real mesmer like power builds do, or make it so the condi damage comes from the clones.

Look, at some point the decision is arbitrary. Anet could've worked things around so all the condi damage came from the mesmer itself. There's advantages and disadvantages to both systems. But, they didn't.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:I know, the clones power damage is about 20dmg per hit or so... so very low like "illusions" should doBut why do they have to make conditions with the Full power? Every clone makes torment, fire etc for enormous amount of damage Isnt that kinda op? Shouldnt they be like other clones stats when it comes to damage?

becouse mesmer doesnt deal damage, so clones have to.Exactly !

Power mesmer deal damage with phantasm,Condi mesmer deal damage with clones.

@Virdo.1540 said:not really they are like the top of the cake... they do much damage too but still way less the mesmer itself

name condi mesmer abilities that deal TONS OF DAMAGE.then i will name 3 times more abilities from other class that deals more damage, has less counters while also healing propably giving boons having less cooldown and being faster to use.