Nerf condi thief

SeikeNz.3526SeikeNz.3526 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 10, 2019 in PVP

<1

Comments

• SeikeNz.3526SeikeNz.3526 Member ✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:
    259 hits........... 78k damage.

That must have been a really long engagement, I bet the Thief felt useless for the first 5 minutes.

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick
    they put on you 10 stacks per atk
    so it's 3k dmg of poison per second
    :o

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

That must have been a really long engagement, I bet the Thief felt useless for the first 5 minutes.

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

hit the cleanse button then? or build for more cleanses?

is there any decent condi thief willing to fight me? maybe thats my issue, maybe I havent seen anyone decent at the build.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

these caps locks offend slaanesh

Te lazla otstra.

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

Death recaps aren't a very a good way to prove this point as I'm fairly confident that your death recap counts damage recieved in the downstate as well as pre-downstate damage. Have you ever looked at your recap after mistforming as ele? What would display your point better is if you had a short clip to show your death and be open to counterplay critique.
    That being said, condi thief is overperforming if you ask me. It's an easy build with strong damage that rewards spammy gameplay. That's what they've relegated thief to in general. Choose your flavor of spam: SB 4, SP 3, PP3, S/S3 bug, RIF3, SD 3, DP3. Some of these are obviously more effective than others but I think the message stands.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

is there any decent condi thief willing to fight me? maybe thats my issue, maybe I havent seen anyone decent at the build.

i was playing guardian do u want more cleanse than that lol

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

The problem is how easily they stack poison and all the trash cover condis you can put in the length of 1 immob / steal / dodge.

Doing literally 3 actions in less than 1.25 seconds lands on an enemy: weakness, poison, bleeding, torment, cripple, confusion and vuln if you trait for it.

With old sigils you could also add chill to that lmao.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

edited October 9, 2019

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

DH and Core should have been able to kill the Thief and the FB has got cleanses but no pressure..

Which perspective are you? The FB that would have died eventually or the DH/Core who couldn't kill a Thief?

either way... Im not sure what the issue is but I may not have faced a decent player on this build yet.

06210311 251521 121512

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

Thief will get nerfed just like scourge. It just might take a few years :3

• Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭

I am just wondering that anet decided to nerf several auto proc abilities on classes, like reaper CoD or SS because anet pretended to want a more active playstyle, while whole condi thief thing seems to work only with autoprocs from several traits and skills.

in general i would say, if you could evade or counter those procs it would be fine, for example, venom skill charges are also procing when enemies dodge, but dont hit then, so they are wasted/denied. maybe that could help.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

about what nerf talking? lol
    we should make thief more stronger
    I was try play whit condi thief, is so hard, and so fast die .. If someone think that thief is op - welcome- login as thief and play.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2019

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

3k poison vs 8k burns ticks a guard can do soooooooo OP, nerf burn guard ;) lol

• Rogue.8235Rogue.8235 Member ✭✭

So it took the thief 4 minutes and 19 seconds to kill you? I think the only way to have a longer fight is a medkit-only fight between two engineers.

Seriously though, am I interpreting this correctly? Does a tick from the full stack count as one hit or is each tick of each application of poison counted separately? If the former, then 4 minutes and 19 seconds is more than enough time to kill the thief. I cannot see a game where a 4 minute 1v1 does not turn into a gankfest for someone.

Even still, the thief had to do over 78k damage to kill you. That screams inefficiency. Less damage resulting in a death is more impressive. Dealing no damage and getting a kill would be the most impressive. Getting a kill with nothing equipped and a completely empty skill bar, by only using sheer force of will staring through the monitor and into the very eyes of your opponent would be beyond impressive, or a cheap sci-fi channel movie. I go back and forth.

"The ancient Oracle said I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing." -Socrates
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war. Defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."-Sun Tzu

@Rogue.8235 said:
    So it took the thief 4 minutes and 19 seconds to kill you? I think the only way to have a longer fight is a medkit-only fight between two engineers.

Seriously though, am I interpreting this correctly? Does a tick from the full stack count as one hit or is each tick of each application of poison counted separately? If the former, then 4 minutes and 19 seconds is more than enough time to kill the thief. I cannot see a game where a 4 minute 1v1 does not turn into a gankfest for someone.

Even still, the thief had to do over 78k damage to kill you. That screams inefficiency. Less damage resulting in a death is more impressive. Dealing no damage and getting a kill would be the most impressive. Getting a kill with nothing equipped and a completely empty skill bar, by only using sheer force of will staring through the monitor and into the very eyes of your opponent would be beyond impressive, or a cheap sci-fi channel movie. I go back and forth.

4 min? 3k per sec a guardian has 11k base life, it would take 4 sec

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@Rogue.8235 said:

thanks for clearing that up. Definitely makes more sense, not sure what I was thinking.

Still though, it took 78k damage to get a kill. That's extremely inefficient. It doesn't matter how much damage you do if it doesn't result in a kill. Basically, the thief had to kill the OP 5-7 times over before it even meant anything. That's pretty bad. You should get kills with the least amount of resources and damage possible. The more you have to use to get a kill, the less efficient it is. Blowing every cooldown on one person means you have nothing left for the next opponent standing right next to that person. It's like dodging randomly, it's inefficient than to maximize the amount of damage avoided per dodge.

if a guardian only has 11k health, it should only take 11k - 13k damage to kill the guardian. 78k shows that the thief really struggled to kill the OP.

"The ancient Oracle said I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing." -Socrates
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war. Defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."-Sun Tzu

edited October 9, 2019

@Rogue.8235 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@Rogue.8235 said:

thanks for clearing that up. Definitely makes more sense, not sure what I was thinking.

Still though, it took 78k damage to get a kill. That's extremely inefficient. It doesn't matter how much damage you do if it doesn't result in a kill. Basically, the thief had to kill the OP 5-7 times over before it even meant anything. That's pretty bad. You should get kills with the least amount of resources and damage possible. The more you have to use to get a kill, the less efficient it is. Blowing every cooldown on one person means you have nothing left for the next opponent standing right next to that person. It's like dodging randomly, it's inefficient than to maximize the amount of damage avoided per dodge.

if a guardian only has 11k health, it should only take 11k - 13k damage to kill the guardian. 78k shows that the thief really struggled to kill the OP.

lol what? so the first shout is : "BRING CLEANSE", then you bring it and they shout: "LOL YOU ARE BAD AND THIEF IS EXTREMELY INEFICIENTY"
    any other class with less cleanses would die in 4 seconds to a condi thief

also wth you talking about thief cooldowns?

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@Rogue.8235 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@Rogue.8235 said:

lol what? so the first shout is : "BRING CLEANSE", then you bring it and they shout: "LOL YOU ARE BAD AND THIEF IS EXTREMELY INEFICIENTY"
    any other class with less cleanses would die in 4 seconds to a condi thief

also wth you talking about thief cooldowns?

I'm speaking generally. And Thieves blowing all dodges and utility cooldowns should be dead. But yes, ridiculous amounts of damage before a kill shows that it that much effort and resources to get the kill. Resources not immediately available for the next fight. Players should strive to get kills with the least amount of damage possible, maximizing the effect of every press of every key. That's what I'm speaking of in general.

As for this case, you brought cleanse. Now you have the sustain to kill the thief. I don't struggle versus most thieves because I know when the end of their evade frames are. There is an aftercast at the end of evade frames in which an action cannot be immediately taken. If a blind player can hit a thief by sound alone, surely you can with sound and visuals. Okay, maybe not visuals so much if it's a team fight.

I play every class except revenant, because I'm still trying to get used to that playstyle. I play multiple builds (non-meta as I play builds I know intuitively and have completely memorized since I can't see my skill bar or any of the HUD elements).

You survived 75k damage. You had room to operate to kill the thief. If the thief killed you with much less damage that meant you had little to no toime to react. By posting thiese numbers, you're showing you had time and resources.

I don't mean to be offensive in any way. These are just my thoughts and experience on the matter. I played condi thief before the rework of traits before HoT was ever mentioned, back when venoms were truly horrendous in terms of unviability. I was still successful because people had no clue on how to fight it. Once you understand a build, understand the common gameplay patterns most players initiate, it's predictable and defeatable. How easy that is depends on your own build and the tools you have. Most thieves I played against didge as part of a damage rotation, which is how I kill them. The after cast is long

Side note, why do thieves have the loudest dodge in the game. You can hear that thing from anywhere.

• kraai.7265kraai.7265 Member ✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

DH and Core should have been able to kill the Thief and the FB has got cleanses but no pressure..

Which perspective are you? The FB that would have died eventually or the DH/Core who couldn't kill a Thief?

either way... Im not sure what the issue is but I may not have faced a decent player on this build yet.

i love statments like "this class should have killed that class" haven't you heard about player skills? the outcome of duels isn't always defined by class in use, but about playstyles, if that thief only hit and run all match, how would a dh or core killed him? remember thiefs just tp on your face dodge and go back, nothing else, they avoid damage while putting condis on you and they can spam this rotations 3 times every 10 seconds... plus they have tons of diesngage mechanics, such as dagger 5 for stealth, shortbow 5 for running away, shb 3 to keep chaining dodges

condi thief is busted right now, and it's not okay neither to say thiefs are fine just play something anti condi, because that's not balance at all, it's the oppsite

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

Like people said the condi builds lack the big telegraphed attacks that say im gona kill you. Most of the damage comes from random next attack application auto, dagger trow or large aoes that pulses and even a graze ccs you with debilitating condition and at that moment you can cleanse and they can reapply at which point the only solution is to kill the condi speck which is probably hard cause they run a fully defense build that stacks condi damage from passive traits.
    The problem comes from how the conditions are applied and how many types can be applied, if only they worked like hard cc where one is exchanged for the other instead of being crippled, weakened, chilled slowed, tormented, poisoned, confused and end up crawling getting kicked in the kidneys trying to escape. People are annoyed cause one wrong step and the conditions start pilling on over and over, and you are fully on the defensive.

• So erm Anet anytime now would be nice, condie thief is a plague and is unhealthy for pvp. The delay on nerfing this abomination is really quite astounding to me personally. Just my opinion.

But burn guard and fire weaver are ok? These forums are a joke.

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭

@lare.5129 said:
    I was try play whit condi thief, is so hard, and so fast die .. If someone think that thief is op - welcome- login as thief and play.

I did, the only time i die is becouse i got so lazy that i dont even pay attention whats going on.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@lare.5129 said:

I did, the only time i die is becouse i got so lazy that i dont even pay attention whats going on.

Lmao yeah u were unkillable. Sure there chief and we all believe u.
    Someone give this guy a hero cookie :)

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@lare.5129 said:

Lmao yeah u were unkillable. Sure there chief and we all believe u.
    Someone give this guy a hero cookie :)

try d/d + d/d bleed thief then talk to me again

edited October 10, 2019

Bud I've tried all including all power and condi builds and I've taken down many d/d condi builds with the s/d condi build and with warriors daggerbreaker build, not that hard. Course I can only go by the opponents I've faced lol that build is definitely killiable.

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

Condi thief and other PvP related issues did not get addressed with the last balancing patch. Maybe the balancing guy doesn't think there are problems or he doesn't care. Maybe he was busy with other things or maybe he is incompetent. Whatever it is there wont be any change to the better with the direction Anet goes.

@Marxx.5021 said:
    Condi thief and other PvP related issues did not get addressed with the last balancing patch. Maybe the balancing guy doesn't think there are problems or he doesn't care. Maybe he was busy with other things or maybe he is incompetent. Whatever it is there wont be any change to the better with the direction Anet goes.

Well u will be happy to hear there is one less condi thief around as I uninstalled the game lol but I still think that condi thief is no different than the BS specs that are what most of this games roster consists off.

• If you learned how to play against condi you would see that thief is very easy to counter. Im a condi thief and in matches I can easily find the easy kills vs the players that know how to setup their class right pretty fast. And the ones that actually know how to fight condi thieves are the ones I tend to stay away from. But people like the ones in these forums are the ones I like to farm on the field. :)

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

i love statments like "this class should have killed that class" haven't you heard about player skills?

Yes and I spoke from mine so the rest of what you said is pointless.. but lets entertain the rest of your comment.
    My Guardians literally wipe the floors with Thieves. Core is bursty and DH has traps which is hilarious because the Thief dies before Ive used any skills.

the outcome of duels isn't always defined by class in use, but about playstyles, if that thief only hit and run all match, how would a dh or core killed him?

Judges intervention and burst...

remember thiefs just tp on your face dodge and go back, nothing else, they avoid damage while putting condis on you and they can spam this rotations 3 times every 10 seconds...

Burst them?

plus they have tons of diesngage mechanics, such as dagger 5 for stealth, shortbow 5 for running away, shb 3 to keep chaining dodges

Which is useless if you burst them.

condi thief is busted right now, and it's not okay neither to say thiefs are fine just play something anti condi, because that's not balance at all, it's the oppsite

No that's called balance... to beat conditions you have to play something with condition cleansing. DH has it easy here, remove a condition when you block an attack.

What class do you play? Maybe I can help.

06210311 251521 121512

@rowdy.5107 said:
    If you learned how to play against condi you would see that thief is very easy to counter. Im a condi thief and in matches I can easily find the easy kills vs the players that know how to setup their class right pretty fast. And the ones that actually know how to fight condi thieves are the ones I tend to stay away from. But people like the ones in these forums are the ones I like to farm on the field. :)

I bet you do judging from 90% of these posts actually

06210311 251521 121512

edited October 11, 2019

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

i love statments like "this class should have killed that class" haven't you heard about player skills?

Yes and I spoke from mine so the rest of what you said is pointless.. but lets entertain the rest of your comment.
    My Guardians literally wipe the floors with Thieves. Core is bursty and DH has traps which is hilarious because the Thief dies before Ive used any skills.

the outcome of duels isn't always defined by class in use, but about playstyles, if that thief only hit and run all match, how would a dh or core killed him?

remember thiefs just tp on your face dodge and go back, nothing else, they avoid damage while putting condis on you and they can spam this rotations 3 times every 10 seconds...

Burst them?

plus they have tons of diesngage mechanics, such as dagger 5 for stealth, shortbow 5 for running away, shb 3 to keep chaining dodges

No that's called balance... to beat conditions you have to play something with condition cleansing. DH has it easy here, remove a condition when you block an attack.

LOL, hilarious, so your grandmaster tip is to just burst? really explainatory, you seem to have all figured out buddy

it seems you only encounter bad thieves, maybe the day you encounter a good thief that.. you know.. can react and evade your all mighty burst, or won't stand there recieving damage from your traps you will understand why that build is unfair

but who am i to tell, keep schooling people on the forum you seem like a master pro with that tip, remember guys, you have trouble with condi thief? just play guardian, carry a few condi cleanses an burst! that simple, and don't worry according to this pro player right here, thieves will just eat the damage and stay still, inside your traps, or right next to you while you burst them down
    LMAO

edited October 11, 2019

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

Burst them?

LOL, hilarious, so your grandmaster tip is to just burst? really explainatory, you seem to have all figured out buddy

Its effective and works better than crying on the forums. Try it.

it seems you only encounter bad thieves, maybe the day you encounter a good thief that.. you know.. can react and evade your all mighty burst, or won't stand there recieving damage from your traps you will understand why that build is unfair

Whst sort of player does that... its pretty easy to precast Dragons Maw with Judges intervention.
    No wonder you struggle with a mindset like that.

but who am i to tell, keep schooling people on the forum you seem like a master pro with that tip, remember guys, you have trouble with condi thief? just play guardian, carry a few condi cleanses an burst!

It really IS that simple for DH.. Theres literally an anti condition trait that removes conditions on block and Guardian has a LOT of blocks. Cycle them properly.

that simple, and don't worry according to this pro player right here, thieves will just eat the damage and stay still, inside your traps, or right next to you while you burst them down
    LMAO

Again I can see why you struggle with a minset like that.. "hurrdurr stand in traps and dont move, whats a pull, CC is a chip and not crowd control"...

I asked for you to post a class but instead you kept crying.

Oh and im not a pro either... Im just an experienced scrub that can deal with a build designed to kill inexperienced scrubs.

there was a time years ago when perplexity runes were a thing and condi thief was literally twice as strong as what it is now... (some will remember those 25 stacks of confusion and 20 stacks of bleed/poison)

Then there was the ghost thief condi build after that...

Todays version of condi thief is a joke and a noob killer at best but its all that it has left after the countless unnecessary nerfs its recieved due to player tears.

06210311 251521 121512

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

Burst them?

Whst sort of player does that... its pretty easy to precast Dragons Maw with Judges intervention.

but who am i to tell, keep schooling people on the forum you seem like a master pro with that tip, remember guys, you have trouble with condi thief? just play guardian, carry a few condi cleanses an burst!

It really IS that simple for DH.. Theres literally an anti condition trait that removes conditions on block and Guardian has a LOT of blocks. Cycle them properly.

that simple, and don't worry according to this pro player right here, thieves will just eat the damage and stay still, inside your traps, or right next to you while you burst them down
    LMAO

Again I can see why you struggle with a minset like that.. "hurrdurr stand in traps and dont move"...

Oh and im not a pro either... Im just an experienced scrub that can deal with a build designed to kill inexperienced scrubs.

there was a time years ago when perplexity runes were a thing and condi thief was literally twice as strong as what it is now... (some will remember those 25 stacks of confusion and 20 stacks of bleed/poison)

Todays version of condi thief is a joke and a noob killer at best.

let's play your game:
    you are so bad as a thief that you can't kill people even as a condi thief
    just press 2 forever and dodge to kill someone

edited October 11, 2019

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

Burst them?

LMAO

Again I can see why you struggle with a minset like that.. "hurrdurr stand in traps and dont move"...

Todays version of condi thief is a joke and a noob killer at best.

let's play your game:
    you are so bad as a thief that you can't kill people even as a condi thief
    just press 2 forever and dodge to kill someone

That might work against another bad player... anyone with half a brain moves towards the spot the Thief is spamming 2 from.

This version of condi thief is much easier to deal with than the old perplexity thieves or ghost thieves...

06210311 251521 121512

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

Burst them?

>
    it's so funny when people tallk like they got every matchup figured out, you are just showing what a piece of keyboard warrior you are, maybe you know every skill, passive and whatever but yet you talk like if you were hitting a dummy or a pve mob. guess what genius, that burst is as easy to land as to avoid, roll for initiative? never heard of it? shortbow 3? no? how about a good timed dodge? or shadowstep maybe? actually you don't even have to avoid it, dagger storm? ring any bell?
    No ofc, the thieves you fight only know how to press sword 2, dodge, and 2 again.

ok cool, yet even tho guards have lots of blocks, blocks have cd, you know what doesn't have cd and recharges faster than anything else? endurance... you understand where are we getting to now?

LMAO

Again I can see why you struggle with a minset like that.. "hurrdurr stand in traps and dont move, whats a pull, CC is a chip and not crowd control"...

you seem very experienced... only on the forum, any experienced player would know the outcome of a fight is unsure, because timing,build, lag, skills, positioning and reaction has more to do than just knowing your passives and actives

Todays version of condi thief is a joke and a noob killer at best but its all that it has left after the countless unnecessary nerfs its recieved due to player tears.

As i said before, you mighty god of pvp, you grandmaster genius of guardian skills, you talk like you are hitting a training dummy in the pvp lobby, your only argument is "burst" and "block" or my favorite "stop crying" , yet you talk like you know everything but you don't aknowledge all of the skills a thief can use, you just asume it's a win win because it seems you never found yet a thief that could avoid one of your almighty bursts, only the ones that bandwagon an abusive spec but only know how to get in dodge and get out... maybe the day you find a real main thief that actually uses that build you will se how abusive they can be, and you can stop beeing such a lame keyboard warrior talking like you know everything and foresee every outcome

and btw, im not like you, i don't think just because thieves got all the right tools they would win a match against any guardian anytime, my opinion was that this build is abusive, of a broken mechanic involving doing damage while beeing invulnerable, theres a difference between cries and opinions, usually kids are the ones who label others opinion as cries just to stand their ground, and you are not a kid aren't you? theres no need to be so childish you mighty god of guardians, hero among mortals!

edited October 11, 2019

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

Burst them?

>
    it's so funny when people tallk like they got every matchup figured out, you are just showing what a piece of keyboard warrior you are, maybe you know every skill, passive and whatever but yet you talk like if you were hitting a dummy or a pve mob. guess what genius, that burst is as easy to land as to avoid, roll for initiative? never heard of it? shortbow 3? no? how about a good timed dodge? or shadowstep maybe? actually you don't even have to avoid it, dagger storm? ring any bell?
    No ofc, the thieves you fight only know how to press sword 2, dodge, and 2 again.

ok cool, yet even tho guards have lots of blocks, blocks have cd, you know what doesn't have cd and recharges faster than anything else? endurance... you understand where are we getting to now?

LMAO

you seem very experienced... only on the forum, any experienced player would know the outcome of a fight is unsure, because timing,build, lag, skills, positioning and reaction has more to do than just knowing your passives and actives

As i said before, you mighty god of pvp, you grandmaster genius of guardian skills, you talk like you are hitting a training dummy in the pvp lobby, your only argument is "burst" and "block" or my favorite "stop crying" , yet you talk like you know everything but you don't aknowledge all of the skills a thief can use, you just asume it's a win win because it seems you never found yet a thief that could avoid one of your almighty bursts, only the ones that bandwagon an abusive spec but only know how to get in dodge and get out... maybe the day you find a real main thief that actually uses that build you will se how abusive they can be, and you can stop beeing such a lame keyboard warrior talking like you know everything and foresee every outcome

and btw, im not like you, i don't think just because thieves got all the right tools they would win a match against any guardian anytime, my opinion was that this build is abusive, of a broken mechanic involving doing damage while beeing invulnerable, theres a difference between cries and opinions, usually kids are the ones who label others opinion as cries just to stand their ground, and you are not a kid aren't you? theres no need to be so childish you mighty god of guardians, hero among mortals!

Sounds like your issues.
    I do fine, you dont. I learnt how to deal with condi Thief about 5 years ago. Enough said.

By the way you're the one name calling like a child, not me. I offered help and you found it easier to cry. Thats your issue and not mine.

You have inspired me though, You'll love my next post that ill do tonight when im home from work.

06210311 251521 121512

edited October 11, 2019

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

Burst them?

>

LMAO

Sounds like your issues.
    I do fine, you dont. Enough said.

lol what a smart fella, such a mature comeback...

By the way you're the one throwing around insults like a child, not me. I offered help and you found it easier to cry.

insults? it's called sarcasm my friend, when did i use insults? you are the one who keeps labeling opinions as cries, maybe because you got no more arguments left?
    also funny you say you were trying to help "can't kill thieves? play guardian and burst! that simple now stop crying"
    So helpfull lmao
    but whatever buddy, you seem very smart and you got all figured out keep it up with that forum wars, you all mighty keyboard warrior lol killer of all thieves in one burst! what a legend

You have inspired me though, You'll love my next post.

edited October 12, 2019

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

well if you do the math
    78400/259 = 303 per tick

Burst them?

>

LMAO

Sounds like your issues.
    I do fine, you dont. Enough said.

lol what a smart fella, such a mature comeback...

By the way you're the one throwing around insults like a child, not me. I offered help and you found it easier to cry.

insults? it's called sarcasm my friend, when did i use insults? you are the one who keeps labeling opinions as cries, maybe because you got no more arguments left?
    also funny you say you were trying to help "can't kill thieves? play guardian and burst! that simple now stop crying"
    So helpfull lmao
    but whatever buddy, you seem very smart and you got all figured out keep it up with that forum wars, you all mighty keyboard warrior lol killer of all thieves in one burst! what a legend

You have inspired me though, You'll love my next post.

I didn't use an insult... it was an observation.
    Why would I argue with someone who's clearly having trouble? Youre the one having trouble and I believe that, I just dont share your issues.

Edit: well... this is going to sound crazy to most people...

I believe in the universe and the signs it gives on wether to do something or not.
    The video I had planned was going to be brutal, basically show casing a DH running a pure PvE build with my only cleansing options being 1 trait and what ever blocks I could rotate playing with less than 15 fps, screen freezes and general lag with people warping everywhere.

1st game I recorded: 1 condi thief.
    After killing him in the first fight rather easily, he rage quit leaving the other team down a man. I suck at mid fights and died a few times before taking the side nodes and winning 1v2 against a spellbreaker from MAS and a Fire Weaver.

2nd game there was no condi thief on either team but was a 4v5 again favouring the other team. We still won. I was rather pleased with this game and wish I recorded it.

3rd game there wasnt a thief in game and the other team was a 4 man...

So i thought "screw this game" and played something else.

This morning I logged on for a game before work. Was against 2 condi thieves... while winning 1v2 against them my power went out from a storm passing over.

I can upload half a match from my first game but the universe told me not be a kitten in order to prove my point as I was typing in local chat while killing thieves and playing with less than 15 fps with a ping of 200+ on a pure pve build.
    Up to you if ya want the first match. It shows my lag and what not with people teleporting and warping everywhere but I still managed fine anyway.

06210311 251521 121512

• Condi thieves are the easiest things to kill if you actually learn how to play against them. But most of you wont. instead, you will keep doing what you do with the same fail build getting the same results. And after the condi thief farms you in a match or two because you CHOOSE to not learn how to play against them, You come here and cry about it.
    Condi thief doesn't need a nerf.. YOU need a personal skill buff.

@rowdy.5107 said:
    Condi thieves are the easiest things to kill if you actually learn how to play against them. But most of you wont. instead, you will keep doing what you do with the same fail build getting the same results. And after the condi thief farms you in a match or two because you CHOOSE to not learn how to play against them, You come here and cry about it.

say the condi thief

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

@rowdy.5107 said:
    Condi thieves are the easiest things to kill if you actually learn how to play against them. But most of you wont. instead, you will keep doing what you do with the same fail build getting the same results. And after the condi thief farms you in a match or two because you CHOOSE to not learn how to play against them, You come here and cry about it.

Actually it does need a mechanics nerf, there isn't much risk reward gameplay for the amount of damage applied it should probably take a trimming in some other area if it does allot of damage since the build works in all positions very well. Right now it it is always the same port in trow some conditions port out, repeat, if they f up daggerstorm or port out and run away and reset, chose to attack the same point with the weakened player or move to another location and pressure there while that player is slowly trudging to help. It is not something hyper OP the problem is that it feels cheap and cheesy. The build is just constantly in control and it is never in danger, it can't really be outplayed and you can't really win, it is a draw or loss, the only way to down the thief is for him to get greedy and make a mistake. People just want to fight and thief is just not really fighting.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@rowdy.5107 said:

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

This version of condi thief is much easier to deal with than ghost thief or perplexity thieves back in the day

06210311 251521 121512

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2019

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@rowdy.5107 said:

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

This version of condi thief is much easier to deal with than ghost thief or perplexity thieves back in the day

I want to play devils advocate and say condi thief is OP, I even made a thread about it.

But, I only have shadow step and weapon swap as my condi clear (play glass core dp) and I rarely lose to this kit.

Trying to see things from a different perspective, didn't want to be the thief defending any broken stuff.

Back when potent poison was 33/33 and the conditions of lotus training lasted twice as long, and panic strike poison lasted twice as long, people had something to complain about with legitimacy.

YOU HAVE TO SPEC MORE CLEARS WHEN YOU SEE A DAREDEVIL...

or play a spec that has no problem with it...weaver, ranger, guardian, (sometimes) warrior, another daredevil, condi mirage.

note: but I know what their rotation is and what thief animations look like by heart, so there is that...

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@rowdy.5107 said:

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

I want to play devils advocate and say condi thief is OP, I even made a thread about it.

But, I only have shadow step and weapon swap as my condi clear (play glass core dp) and I rarely lose to this kit.

Trying to see things from a different perspective, didn't want to be the thief defending any broken stuff.

Back when potent poison was 33/33 and the conditions of lotus training lasted twice as long, and panic strike poison lasted twice as long, people had something to complain about with legitimacy.

or play a spec that has no problem with it...weaver, ranger, guardian, (sometimes) warrior, another daredevil, condi mirage.

note: but I know what their rotation is and what thief animations look like by heart, so there is that...

And thats the discussion... Guardian Vs Condi Thief.

I was mostly trying to tell the other guy that every spec has a way to deal with it, Guardian most of all.

seeing as thats the class that was brought up I said DH and Core guard should be able to handle it and burst the thief quick enough to not be an issue, I was foolish enough to try and help someone with thier class until thier consistent tears revved me up to play a full pve DH build with less than 15 fps and lag so bad it makes people warp to drive the point home.

06210311 251521 121512

• Curennos.9307Curennos.9307 Member ✭✭✭

Too many people forget that thief is vulnerable in the instant it gap closes - except if they play DP, but nobody, not even that weird crab fear guy, plays THAT anymore. Goodness.

So just cast a CC the moment you see the thief disappear, or get them at the end of their dodge. Obviously there are other class mechanics to deal with and you won't insta-win just by doing that, but c'mon.

My offer to log onto NA and spam sword 2 on anyone who likes so they can learn the timing is still open.

• gdubze.6015gdubze.6015 Member ✭✭
    edited October 12, 2019

@Curennos.9307 said:

My offer to log onto NA and spam sword 2 on anyone who likes so they can learn the timing is still open.

People have no interest in getting good, rewards will still enter their inventories win or lose! Its much easier to come to the forums and cry about said builds than learn the game.

• babazhook.6805babazhook.6805 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2019

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@rowdy.5107 said:

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

I was mostly trying to tell the other guy that every spec has a way to deal with it, Guardian most of all.

seeing as thats the class that was brought up I said DH and Core guard should be able to handle it and burst the thief quick enough to not be an issue, I was foolish enough to try and help someone with thier class until thier consistent tears revved me up to play a full pve DH build with less than 15 fps and lag so bad it makes people warp to drive the point home.

Power thief using s/x and traited acro can deal with this build with few issues. Withdraw as the heal will cleanse all the movement impairing conditions on use. Trait trickster and say goodbye to the poison and torment stacks on an under 15 seconds cooldown. Your own dodges will apply will apply swiftness and remove movement impairing conditions. Your own #2 port will apply swiftness and remove movement impairing conditions. That port will also remove a condition on use. If you are in the DD spech escapists removes a condition on dodge if an attack evaded. If the condi thief in sword uses port/dodge/dodge just dodge after the port and his impaling lotus avoided.

I also play a warrior that has plenty of cleanses to deal with that build.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@rowdy.5107 said:

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

Power thief using s/x and traited acro can deal with this build with few issues. Withdraw as the heal will cleanse all the movement impairing conditions on use. Trait trickster and say goodbye to the poison and torment stacks on an under 15 seconds cooldown. Your own dodges will apply will apply swiftness and remove movement impairing conditions. Your own #2 port will apply swiftness and remove movement impairing conditions. That port will also remove a condition on use. If you are in the DD spech escapists removes a condition on dodge if an attack evaded. If the condi thief in sword uses port/dodge/dodge just dodge after the port and his impaling lotus avoided.

I also play a warrior that has plenty of cleanses to deal with that build.

This is what I call a good thief... someone not relying on condi cheese and can still be effective.

Hopefully your post helps those thieves who struggle against condi DD.

Condi daredevil is used by scrubs to kill scrubs imo.

06210311 251521 121512

• asterix.9614asterix.9614 Member ✭✭✭

Yea, nerf them in wvw but they seem ok in pvp. In wvw they have that big kitten space to reset as soon as they get damage, whilst they reset the player they are attacking is inflicted with a loooooong kitten poison and whatever other condis.....

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.