[Suggestion] Karka Egg Clutch as AFK joke item — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestion] Karka Egg Clutch as AFK joke item

I'm not normally into joke items but I thought of this a couple of days ago when I was rezzing an AFK player and thought it would be amusing.

A Karka Egg Clutch that is dropped at places where people AFK a lot. If someone goes idle for more than a couple of minutes the eggs hatch and karka cling to the AFK player(s) covering them completely in karka hatchlings. Make it persistent like guild banners but block it's use in cities and lounges. On the non-joke side make it so that when players are covered in karka they can't be attacked and killed so others won't have to keep rezzing them. While it could be a consumable item it might be worth making it a gem store item and give it an hour cool down between uses to avoid spamming.

Comments

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Would work even better if a group of people ran around with the head crab face mask

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • @Randulf.7614 said:
    Would work even better if a group of people ran around with the head crab face mask

    I've been brushing and brushing but I still can't get the taste of karka proboscis out of my mouth.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zoltar MacRoth.7146 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    Would work even better if a group of people ran around with the head crab face mask

    I've been brushing and brushing but I still can't get the taste of karka proboscis out of my mouth.

    Taste issues is the least of the concerns...

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • But how can you gave a proper Crab Battle if you can't be attacked or killed?

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Do you want weird alien babies exploding out of stomachs? cause this is how you get weird alien babies exploding out of stomachs!!

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

  • Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I am powerfully against items in the world that can only be used to troll players. This, however, only punishes players who stand around doing nothing, and only stops them from being in combat, which they're theoretically avoiding anyway. It should be harmless, but reeks of "vigilante justice". Great caution must be taken.

    I propose a small change: the player and their pets can neither deal nor receive damage, instead of simply becoming "invisible" to mobs. Otherwise, this will empower AFK farming, rather than discouraging it.

    If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

  • Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Trise.2865 said:
    I am powerfully against items in the world that can only be used to troll players. This, however, only punishes players who stand around doing nothing, and only stops them from being in combat, which they're theoretically avoiding anyway. It should be harmless, but reeks of "vigilante justice". Great caution must be taken.

    I propose a small change: the player and their pets can neither deal nor receive damage, instead of simply becoming "invisible" to mobs. Otherwise, this will empower AFK farming, rather than discouraging it.

    That's the original intent. They can't get reward, farm, targeted or killed. They are just covered in karka hatchlings until they move and roll a couple of times to shake them off. While it's a joke; it also protects them from being killed, preventing the need for a rez or WP jump.

  • Tanith.5264Tanith.5264 Member ✭✭✭

    As someone who cares for an older parent, I'd like to kindly remind folks that not everyone goes AFK to farm. I usually know in advance enough to get to safety in the vicinity of the content I intend to participate in (the roof of the asura lab near Teq, for example). I'd like nothing better than to sit and play, but real life comes first.

    While not as entertaining as a karka egg clutch, Anet might consider simply adding an [AFK] tag to players who have been idle for a given amount of time...LOTRO had this, and it would also alert others that there's no need to rez that unfortunate soul with the completely broken armor.

    :)

  • starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tanith.5264 said:
    As someone who cares for an older parent, I'd like to kindly remind folks that not everyone goes AFK to farm. I usually know in advance enough to get to safety in the vicinity of the content I intend to participate in (the roof of the asura lab near Teq, for example). I'd like nothing better than to sit and play, but real life comes first.

    While not as entertaining as a karka egg clutch, Anet might consider simply adding an [AFK] tag to players who have been idle for a given amount of time...LOTRO had this, and it would also alert others that there's no need to rez that unfortunate soul with the completely broken armor.

    :)

    Then you have nothing to worry about.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.