Public Strike Missions AFK'ers

Could you please make it so that only people that actually take part in killing the boss (aka doing damage to it) receive the reward chests. Coming across more and more people afk'ing at the start of the mission area, scaling the boss up but not taking part and making it a lot more difficult for the people who are actually playing to kill it :/

I didn't even know this was a thing, I'd assumed you had to tag the boss to get credit. Now that I do, I agree with the OP. Between the shrine wp and the duration of the fight, anyone joining while the boss is up should have no problem getting to the fight and doing some damage. I see no downside to restricting the chest access to those who do so.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Block them then leave the instance.

You don't find out that they are until you reach the boss and they won't come to the boss or respond in map chat. Also kinda difficult to block them when you don't know their names, as you are not automatically placed into a group when entering a PSM, (even when you invite the other people to form a party it's very rare that all will accept) and when you make it back to the instance entrance/exit after the boss has finally died, they have obviously already left :/

@Donari.5237 said:I didn't even know this was a thing, I'd assumed you had to tag the boss to get credit. Now that I do, I agree with the OP. Between the shrine wp and the duration of the fight, anyone joining while the boss is up should have no problem getting to the fight and doing some damage. I see no downside to restricting the chest access to those who do so.

You can't join one that's already started, these are people joining at the start and then basically just sitting at the entrance, the thing is, the boss scales to however many people the group is locked to (the instance locks when the 'majority' of the people that have bothered to responded to the 'ready' part of the npc's check) so for instance In my group just, there was 7 ppl when the party locked, 2ppl said we were waiting for more (myself included) 3 ppl said they were ready and the 2 afk's didn't respond. So because of that 1 extra vote the instance locked and the boss was scaled for 7 people but there was only 5 of us fighting it so took what felt like forever to kill :/

Make a squad for strike mission. It takes only... 5 seconds to find other 9 people. You can always kick afkers and slackers (if you have tag).Raid/dungeon/fractal instances works the same. You don't need to kill the boss. Whole party is rewarded for COMPLETING the instance (not only killing boss). Sometimes it's good, sometimes not.

The boss definitely doesn't scale.

Don't join "public". Only join the squad type - open your own or use the lfg.

If you follow 2. you or the commander can ready check, kick people + you have a better communication oversight with the squad chat.

Be nice. I already had a commander who kicked someone who didn't port immediately after the shrine was up. This player wanted to experience the jp himself. Commi kicked him and started the fight with 9 people. That was bs over 9000.

@"Vinceman.4572" said:

1. The boss definitely doesn't scale.
  2. Don't join "public". Only join the squad type - open your own or use the lfg.
  3. If you follow 2. you or the commander can ready check, kick people + you have a better communication oversight with the squad chat.
  4. Be nice. I already had a commander who kicked someone who didn't port immediately after the shrine was up. This player wanted to experience the jp himself. Commi kicked him and started the fight with 9 people. That was bs over 9000.

Agree on 1,2 and 3. If you want to 'experience the jp', do it on your own, don't waste 9 other ppl's time. OTOH it's not like you need that tenth person anyway so idk if it was worth the kick . . .

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:Gotta love that the raid toxicity has been brought into strikes. So now new players will avoid strikes too, making them thoroughly pointless

I love how you try to make everyhing about raids and their toxicity.

Please do tell, how does someone going afk hase to do with raids. Isn't that something rather common in open world encounters, as was pointed out by multiple people in this thread?

Wouldn't that require your statement be amended to: Gotta love that the open world afk toxicity has been brought into strikes. So now active players will avoid strikes too, making them thoroughly pointless

If you have beef with raids, fine. Stop trying to make everything fit your agenda. That's far more toxic than anything you have beem complaining about.

As to the actual topic at hand:Solutions were offered (make your own squads). Obviously an automated solution would be good, like requiring boss participation. We will have to wait and see how the developers decide to address this.

@"SinisterSlay.6973" said:Gotta love that the raid toxicity has been brought into strikes. So now new players will avoid strikes too, making them thoroughly pointless

Quality meme.Can you do the one where you say "this game was never meant to have raids" and misquote the devs "play how you want" line too?Seems rather empty without the triple threat.

I'm confused what happened to my quote. My comment makes no sense without it.

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:
  1. The boss definitely
    doesn't scale
  2. Don't join "public". Only join the squad type - open your own or use the lfg.
  3. If you follow 2. you or the commander can ready check, kick people + you have a better communication oversight with the squad chat.
  4. Be nice. I already had a commander who kicked someone who didn't port immediately after the shrine was up. This player wanted to experience the jp himself. Commi kicked him and started the fight with 9 people. That was bs over 9000.

Agree on 1,2 and 3. If you want to 'experience the jp', do it on your own, don't waste 9 other ppl's time. OTOH it's not like you need that tenth person anyway so idk if it was worth the kick . . .

Was replying to that.

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:I'm confused what happened to my quote. My comment makes no sense without it.

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:
  1. The boss definitely
    doesn't scale

Gotta love that the raid toxicity has been brought into strikes. So now new players will avoid strikes too, making them thoroughly pointless

Fixed it for you ;)

@Gop.8713 :The point is, the commander started and we killed it with 9 men instead of re-post the lfg. I myself was speed clearing dungeons years ago and part to the scene to some extent, have raided including CMs and fractal god etc. pp. so it's obvious I know when not to waste time and get stuff done but in this case: Come the f_cking on! Strike missions are a joke so there's no need to kick players that are new to the mode when they are on the way and they wouldn't add significant dps anyways. I could've understood if he invited another player but no he kicked and started the fight. That's some big bs and I agree to the point that such behavior will scare people away. I mean you could even adjust the lfg and write: "strike mission - fast clear, use shrine to port" as I have already seen and joined such a group.Nevertheless, if we bring in toxicity that fast in such content I doubt strike missions will be a great success (I even doubt it without toxicity but that's a different thing).

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:I'm confused what happened to my quote. My comment makes no sense without it.

@Gop.8713 said:

1. The boss definitely
    doesn't scale

Gotta love that the raid toxicity has been brought into strikes. So now new players will avoid strikes too, making them thoroughly pointless

Fixed it for you ;)

@Gop.8713 :The point is, the commander started and we killed it with 9 men instead of re-post the lfg. I myself was speed clearing dungeons years ago and part to the scene to some extent, have raided including CMs and fractal god etc. pp. so it's obvious I know when not to waste time and get stuff done but in this case: Come the f_cking on! Strike missions are a joke so there's no need to kick players that are new to the mode when they are on the way and they wouldn't add significant dps anyways. I could've understood if he invited another player but no he kicked and started the fight. That's some big bs and I agree to the point that such behavior will scare people away. I mean you could even adjust the lfg and write: "strike mission - fast clear, use shrine to port" as I have already seen and joined such a group.Nevertheless, if we bring in toxicity that fast in such content I doubt strike missions will be a great success (I even doubt it without toxicity but that's a different thing).

The player who wanted to do the jp was being disrepectful to the rest of the squad. I agree that kicking was pointless, as I mentioned, but some ppl just don't like leeches, and kicking, while pointless, wasn't inappropriate . . .

@Gop.8713 said:The player who wanted to do the jp was being disrepectful to the rest of the squad. I agree that kicking was pointless, as I mentioned, but some ppl just don't like leeches, and kicking, while pointless, wasn't inappropriate . . .

No, in this case he wasn't disrespectful. The voice of the commander was elitist & toxic from the very beginning and this guy was just a poor boy playing the mission for the first time. You can't even see the shrine port very well on the map - this one is on Arenanet to fix it - but trust me this guy was just a gentle player on his way to the boss. He was new, didn't know about the shrine and friendly. The opposite of the commander.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Gop.8713 said:The player who wanted to do the jp was being disrepectful to the rest of the squad. I agree that kicking was pointless, as I mentioned, but some ppl just don't like leeches, and kicking, while pointless, wasn't inappropriate . . .

No, in this case he wasn't disrespectful. The voice of the commander was elitist & toxic from the very beginning and this guy was just a poor boy playing the mission for the first time. You can't even see the shrine port very well on the map - this one is on Arenanet to fix it - but trust me this guy was just a gentle player on his way to the boss. He was new, didn't know about the shrine and friendly. The opposite of the commander.

Ofc as you change the facts my judgments may vary, but given your original statement that the player wanted to 'experience the jp' while the other nine players waited at the shrine, yes, that was disrespectful . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

Ofc as you change the facts my judgments may vary, but given your original statement that the player wanted to 'experience the jp' while the other nine players waited at the shrine, yes, that was disrespectful . . .

"Experience the jp himself" means jump up alone what is completely understandable if you encounter content for the first time and nobody told you in the lfg that you have to rush.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

"Experience the jp himself" means jump up alone what is completely understandable if you encounter content for the first time and nobody told you in the lfg that you have to rush.

If a player chooses to play in a group and feels the group should accommodate the player's preferences while the player ignores the group's preferences, that is disrespectful . . .