"Haunted Hollow" - Guilded Hollow Guild Hall Decorations

I redid the entire Tyrian Mystical Tours [PORT] - Haunted Hollow to incorporate the new "Ominous" walls from the Mad Kings Labyrinth!. They are a great addition to our deco but there is a strong learning curve when placing them, that I have finally figured out LOL. Anyways, here is the new and improved Haunted Hollow. You travel via mirror ...xMStByX.png...and appear inside a Mausoleum!Og0B4Wf.jpgOnce you are ready to step out, you realize the mirror has vanished? Oh well you'll be ok, right?Well you can talk to Gravel the Charr, as he will be your server tonight..gulpUQYSiu7.jpgThe Hollow has been taken over by the Mad King! Overnight walls have sprung up all around the Hollow!uMIOex7.jpgAnd some of our more clumsy visitors have agreed to remain here, ummm permanently! Perhaps you can light a candle for them, and well yourself (couldn't hurt).QYYpMbH.jpgThe Cauldron has been bubbling away around the clock. Making what you ask? Ummm don't. Just.. Don't.LEEQtUY.jpgAsk you walk around, you have that shrinking feeling and as you sink you see the gates closing...2Ssb8nz.jpgOur host is happy you decided to stay..h1zs2xD.jpgBut wait, look again.. there up near the Cauldron, is THE MIRROR! But how do you get to it?LEEQtUY.jpg

Good luck to all those visiting! And to the Anet decoration developers, you guys and girls ROCK!

• 2 weeks later...

@"Lamont.5973" said:Quite nice. What did you use to get the firey/smokey look inside the cluster of grenth's palms? is it a gold firepit?

Wyvern Statues, and thank you for the kind words :) I've been asked where I placed this, it is the top of the guilded hollow guild hall, so there is a day/night cycle. And we use Elonian Mirrors to bring visitors up and back. The learning curve I spoke of is due to the version of wall I used, which is the "Corrupted Ominous Wall". The learning bit is it is not visually square, but in a 3-D sense the footprint is. The stone fingers overhead cause anything placed under, or on the ground seem to link to the wall, so if you place a stone under the fingers (for example) and decide it is not where you want it, removing it can remove the wall also. You really need to be careful placing items or be ready to place those walls back again. I was really frustrated until it dawned on me what was happening. Also, standing on the wall to line up your next piece and placing it causes you to fall inside the wall you were standing on. Really annoying if like me you are at the top of the gh and now must map out and get back. Thankfully I had the mirrors setup but a few times I was redoing my perimeter and didn't. Wasn't happy then. Be very minful of the red outline you see when you have "removal" chosen, it shows you what will be removed as it will be outlined in red. If anyone wants to view our Haunted Hollow in person hit me up in game, I'd be happy to show you :)

Thanks, I didn't think of the wyvern statues. I have placed rustic braziers inside of items before for that fire/smoke feel (really creepy in awakened bone columns) but the smoke is smaller. Yeah, I noticed that about the corrupted walls when building my mini - lab at the top of the hall. Same thing sometimes happens with the portal devices in that they seem to "attach" to things behind or beside them if you are not careful. I'll post a couple of picks later.

@"Lamont.5973" said:Thanks, I didn't think of the wyvern statues. I have placed rustic braziers inside of items before for that fire/smoke feel (really creepy in awakened bone columns) but the smoke is smaller. Yeah, I noticed that about the corrupted walls when building my mini - lab at the top of the hall. Same thing sometimes happens with the portal devices in that they seem to "attach" to things behind or beside them if you are not careful. I'll post a couple of picks later.

It really makes you think, place, pray it's right. LOL Looking forward to seeing your creations!

my mini-labF92pKwR.jpgIt's not very big because I am running up against the max number of decorations for my GH.0Zj0Z4D.jpglipm07E.jpg6nIRKwU.jpgS30D3sB.jpgI found that using awakened tar pits and drip softened the harsh lines of the wall - which was important since I did mine on the race track base. Also the tar has interesting color variations during the day/night cycleHsCmrhh.jpgThis must be the way outB8zMXGO.jpgguess notdAXXx8b.jpgHere lies the CommanderAge 103.The good die young

Very nice! Great idea using Beetle track. I can't.. WE HAVE A BEETLE TRACK lol We are at 1560 or so, I try to tally it each month to be sure. I have hit cap at one point, and all that happens is you cannot place anything new. No warning lol But ours is pretty well done, except for seasonal holiday touches. I started on Wintersday crafting 3 months ago lol

Not that I mind you sharing here, but you should make your own thread so people will comment etc. I've had players find me in game wanting to come and see our guild hall.

• 4 weeks later...