PoF Specialization Weapon Collections

Personally i like "most" of the collection items and feel that they are better then the HoT weapon collections. HOWEVER, my biggest grievance with the new collection are the named sunspear weapons. you get them by either buying them on the TP (for over inflated price) or a (really low) drop chance from unidentified gear. for refrence on drop rate, i opened over 200 unidentified RARE gear and got 2 sunspear weapons. NEITHER of them were for any of the collections. ontop of that, if you craft the skin instead it doesn't contribute to the collection. HAS to be the special one that is an exotic drop.atleast for the HoT collection the RNG was a lot better.

TL:DR the sunspear weapon part of specialization collections are awful.

I just hopped onto my alt accounts to get them at about 1G each from the collection when accounting for resale of ecto. Granted, I'm pretty sure the majority of players wouldn't have the ability to do that.

While the sunspear part is annoying, it's where the cost is and you are getting a relatively cheaper ascended weapon than if you were to craft one.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I just hopped onto my alt accounts to get them at about 1G each from the collection when accounting for resale of ecto. Granted, I'm pretty sure the majority of players wouldn't have the ability to do that.

While the sunspear part is annoying, it's where the cost is and you are getting a relatively cheaper ascended weapon than if you were to craft one.

You'd need 8 alt accounts for this in addition to your main, and each of them would have to have PoF, so 30 USD * 9 accounts = 270 USD = 21,600 gems. At this point I think this might be the most economically inefficient way to go about doing this if you didn't already have these alt accounts with PoF. If you did already have them for some reason then yea its probably the cheapest way.

Not 8 alt accounts. Three weapons are doubled - Axe, Sword and Dagger are all used in two collections each, so you'd need 5 alt accounts.

Still highly niche, but a useful advice, as the Tip of the Spear collection don't require PoF iirc. Thus anyone who's gotten cheap extra core or HoT accounts for login rewards can do it.

Archived