I personally look forward to the new Build Templates

despite the backlash, I actually am looking forward to the new Build Templates. I dont use addons , so this will be new to me and help a lot with Inventory as well as fun to change and save many builds I like to play, but currently not as fun to switch between.

my only issue is that this new feature comes out all the way at the end of the month. i rather have it sooner honestly.

In it's current implementation over 80% of the player base should be happy and excited for the change, it is another tab of gear for every character, what's not to love about that? The 80% of the player base that should love this feature are also the same 80% that very likely wont be buying any additional tabs.

It is the 20% of the players that do use addons, and that do use more than 2 builds per character that should be upset. The 20% of the player base that should be upset are also those that are most likely to be the ones that would buy additional tabs.

The current implementation basically tells veteran players "Hey, fork up ~$50 to ~$150 to be able to manage your builds like you are used to".

(I won't get into the actual argument, just understand that a majority of players should be happy with this change, the outrage isn't for the 80%, it is for the 20% that are being monetized)

I'm looking forward to them, I currently have 3 necro builds,(3 differnt chars) but I'm looking forward to having 2 wvw builds also....but I'll be upset if gear templates + trait templates, cost more or the same as a character slot.

I also understand why gear templates are not suitable for some players needs.

@BlueJin.4127 said:Just because I’m not one of the players using add-ons, it doesn’t mean I “should” be happy with this poor limited implementation. It’s not that black and white simple.

Actually it really is that simple. I never used (or heard of) the 3rd party add-on. So, this is a new feature to me. I am happy with it. Anything it does, is better than nothing, and nothing has been fine all these years. Does not get much simpler than that.

I am looking forward to it. The 6 free (3 on release, 3 available the first month) will be more than enough for me. Probably 5 1/2 extra ha ha (never used it before, doubt I will use it much after)

"Hey, do you want a cheeseburger?"
"Why yes, I do!""Well, here you go!""This isn't a cheeseburger. This is a slice of old bread.""Well, you should be happy for that, because otherwise you'd get nothing."

We were lead on. What we got weren't the build templates we were expecting. They weren't the GW1 templates, or the arcDPS templates, or even templates that can fully fulfill their function without spending gems. Even if it is better than nothing, we are still angry about it, and we have a right to be.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:We were lead on. What we got weren't the build templates we were expecting. They weren't the GW1 templates, or the arcDPS templates, or even templates that can fully fulfill their function without spending gems. Even if it is better than nothing, we are still angry about it, and we have a right to be.

It is basically the same as GW1, they've just left the UI for it up to the community. What they're implementing is build templates (like GW1), plus additional build and equipment tabs. What they're missing is the equipment templates, but GW1 only had that for PvP.

Personally, I would looking forward to it if their implementation was kind of professional but sadly it isn't. To this day it looks like deltaconnected made a fool of Anet (of course he didn't intentionally) being more competent to deliver a helpful tool than a company with the potential possibility to provide more developers/knowledge and taking money for it from the customer.The GW2 tool itself is terrible due to its functional inferiority. Too many clicks instead of one single menu where skill and equipment templates are dealt with; even this is worse at the current addon. The handling with legendary armor is an additional issue. On a serious note the system we get has no real additional value. People who pretend to use it now but haven't used ArcDPS before will most likely play around with the system during some sessions and then barely or even funnier never use it again. That's why they also don't see the bigger picture and the problem with those implemented templates that people see who already need them on a regular basis.

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:I have been reading about this build template and I have noticed so many people complain about not getting enough. Is it that hard to spend $20 on game that you play and enjoy for something useful like build template?I see people running around in game with bunch of rainbow mounts which cost $25??'

Because quality of life items have to be good and offer a real quality of life improvement and this tool doesn't deliver that for many players that are used to play with templates in games. As far as I'm concerned they can design millions of weapon, armor, glider or mount skins and let customers pay for it. I haven't bought one of those and I'm not interested in shinies. I like to have it convenient because it increases my fun while gaming. The announced GW2 tool won't be able to for me; it is inferior to the addon made by a single person years ago.

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:I have been reading about this build template and I have noticed so many people complain about not getting enough. Is it that hard to spend $20 on game that you play and enjoy for something useful like build template?First, it's not $20. It's $500. Second, even after spending that $500, it still wouldn;t be enough, because the system is limited in its functionality due to changes that were introduced in order to monetize it better.

If it was really $20 for a satisfying functionality, we wouldn;t be having this discussion.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:my only issue is that this new feature comes out all the way at the end of the month. i rather have it sooner honestly.

Nah, three more weeks is actually a good thing. It gives them the opportunity to improve the feature and apply some changes, hopefully.I'm not optimistic that they'll change the system to something acceptable in the remaining time. So I'd prefer if the period till launch of the pseudo-templates was still longer, something like 10 years or so. Would permit us to use the superior templates we already have for longer.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:my only issue is that this new feature comes out all the way at the end of the month. i rather have it sooner honestly.

Nah, three more weeks is actually a good thing. It gives them the opportunity to improve the feature and apply some changes, hopefully.I'm not optimistic that they'll change the system to something acceptable in the remaining time. So I'd prefer if the period till launch of the pseudo-templates was still longer, something like 10 years or so. Would permit us to use the superior templates we already have for longer.

That's a bit harsh. ;) I'd be content if they do two things in these remaining weeks:

1. Increase the number of template sharing slots.
  2. Make legendary and ascended items in the equipment storage available account-wide (or come up with another easy solution to swapping them).

@Astralporing.1957 said:First, it's not $20. It's $500. Second, even after spending that $500, it still wouldn;t be enough, because the system is limited in its functionality due to changes that were introduced in order to monetize it better.

More like $1400 (for all 69 characters). Realistically it'll be around $20 to $35 to buy all of the tabs per character and $5 to buy all of the slots for the account.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

That's a bit harsh. ;) I'd be content if they do two things in these remaining weeks:

2. Make legendary and ascended items in the equipment storage available account-wide (or come up with another easy solution to swapping them).

A friend of mine suggested the following system:

Account Build Storage - nearly unlimited and free (We can mitigate it with notepad anyways)Remove Character Build Storage (With unlimited account storage it is irrelevant anyways)Give players an account wide Armory Inventory for them to put their gear into, start with 40 or so inventory slots, then sell additional slots for like 400 gems per 20 slots just like bag slots.

This way the price is already set and appreciated, legendary gear isn't devalued, and gear templates that are only a minor variation don't cost 400gems for just 2 slots.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

The said they can't do either.

Especially number 2 as other characters can't access what your character is wearing... they can't read the code.

They msy be able to change this...but if it took them 2 years to make build templates in the first place....expect to be awhile

Likely can save as many builds as you want by doing the following

/wiki shift click build template you want to save.

Will open up browser to the GW2 Wiki with a page saying unable to find page and will have a code there. Copy and paste that code to a notepad and now you have that build which you can copy paste into the game and load it up

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Likely can save as many builds as you want by doing the following

Will open up browser to the GW2 Wiki with a page saying unable to find page and will have a code there. Copy and paste that code to a notepad and now you have that build which you can copy paste into the game and load it up

traits*can save as many traits templates as you want.

but not gear...which is an important part of a build....

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Likely can save as many builds as you want by doing the following

Equipment Templates remove the burden of Gear from Inventory. Not sure they want players having too much extra free space otherwise they won't invest in the expensive bags

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Equipment Templates remove the burden of Gear from Inventory. Not sure they want players having too much extra free space otherwise they won't invest in the expensive bags

Most of the people that want more than 6 gear templates...have ledgie gear...I don't think bags are needed for them......

@Tukaram.8256 said:

@"BlueJin.4127" said:Just because I’m not one of the players using add-ons, it doesn’t mean I “should” be happy with this poor limited implementation. It’s not that black and white simple.

Actually it really is that simple. I never used (or heard of) the 3rd party add-on. So, this is a new feature to me. I am happy with it. Anything it does, is better than nothing, and nothing has been fine all these years. Does not get much simpler than that.

I am looking forward to it. The 6 free (3 on release, 3 available the first month) will be more than enough for me. Probably 5 1/2 extra ha ha (never used it before, doubt I will use it much after)

Love your logic. It's like saying "The food at the restaurant I usually eat at is terrible, while the one next door is great and free. But since I've never been there, this is perfectly fine!"