Game Uninstalled itself. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Game Uninstalled itself.

This has happened twice now. Sometimes last month, I didn't record the dated, and yesterday sometime before midnight central time. Game is just gone, game folder has a few items in it but when I double click on the exe I get a prompt telling me the app can't run on PC and I need to contact the creator for a PC version. Downloading the whole thing again currently.

Comments

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Are you installing it in the temp folder?

• Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

For a moment i thought i was on Fallout 76 forum

• @Linken.6345 said:
    Are you installing it in the temp folder?

It apparently installed to the temp folder. I am never asked where I want to install the game. How do I remedy this?

• @Ultramex.1506 said:
    For a moment i thought i was on Fallout 76 forum

Nope. Can't say I've had Fallout 76 randomly uninstall itself.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2019

@Grishnaakh.2143 said:
    It apparently installed to the temp folder. I am never asked where I want to install the game. How do I remedy this?

If you have GW2 installed to your %temp% folder, simply move it elsewhere. Specifically, you want to move Gw2-64.exe and Gw2.dat to somewhere like C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\

If you don't have a Gw2-64.exe, look for a ~34 MB Gw2-64.tmp or Gw2-64.### in the same folder as Gw2.dat and rename it back to Gw2-64.exe. If no such file exists, you can download Gw2Setup-64.exe and simply rename it to Gw2-64.exe.

• @Healix.5819 said:

@Grishnaakh.2143 said:

If you have GW2 installed to your %temp% folder, simply move it elsewhere. Specifically, you want to move Gw2-64.exe and Gw2.dat to somewhere like C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\

If you don't have a Gw2-64.exe, look for a ~34 MB Gw2-64.tmp or Gw2-64.### in the same folder as Gw2.dat and rename it back to Gw2-64.exe. If no such file exists, you can download Gw2Setup-64.exe and simply rename it to Gw2-64.exe.

Good deal, thank you.

Yea it auto installs were you have it so just moving it to what ever folder you want it to be in is enough.

• ok so i have the same thing. when u click to download it will install in the temp folder and ask you where you want to install the game i have a disc C:\ and a disc D:\ i install all my game in the disc D:\ but for some reason it install it on the 2 of them and in my situation when u uninstall 1 u cant uninstall the other i can find it but all the files are scatter in temp and i have other thing in there so i don't know what to do to uninstall the game from there even Nvidia experience show me that the hole game is in there

@david.3140 said:
    ok so i have the same thing. when u click to download it will install in the temp folder and ask you where you want to install the game i have a disc C:\ and a disc D:\ i install all my game in the disc D:\ but for some reason it install it on the 2 of them and in my situation when u uninstall 1 u cant uninstall the other i can find it but all the files are scatter in temp and i have other thing in there so i don't know what to do to uninstall the game from there even Nvidia experience show me that the hole game is in there

move Gw2-64.exe and Gw2.dat to the folder you want game in and run gw2-64.exe again.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@david.3140 said:
    ok so i have the same thing. [...]

This has already been answered. You could take the minute it takes to read through the previous answers, no?