Why do people whisper...

@cursE.1794 said:Well the fact that it bothers you so you open a thread here is part of the answer ;)

Just don't let it get to you.

That's literally the only part that gets me. Because it's illogical if genuine. And belligerent under the guise of high horse if not.

I could care a less if people whispered me obscenities and hurtful things. This bugs me more.

I never experienced that to be honest. Yeah, I experienced name calling and what not, but whisper before block no. And I guess I'm happy for it. And I've never done that myself, if someone is annoying me or something (e.g. selling gold) I just block them and I'm done with them. It's the same as cyber "bullying" - just block the asshole and he/she doesn't bother you anymore. I'm having trouble understanding why people kill themselves over cyber bullying.

@chibi.2537 said:I never experienced that to be honest. Yeah, I experienced name calling and what not, but whisper before block no. And I guess I'm happy for it. And I've never done that myself, if someone is annoying me or something (e.g. selling gold) I just block them and I'm done with them. It's the same as cyber "bullying" - just block the kitten and he/she doesn't bother you anymore. I'm having trouble understanding why people kill themselves over cyber bullying.

Back in when I was playing GW2. I used to get these players all the time. Sometimes even on my team. Most of them don't have nearly enough intellect, to troll me on my level. They know this, thus they act like interesting people. Smack talk me and block me right afterwards, so I don't even get the chance to hurt their fragile little feelings.

When it was did happen to me. I just took it as a jest, and laugh my rear end off afterwards. At the act, because that just them letting you know. That they know that know, that they are inferior to you. Thus would concede the convo, before it even gets started. :sunglasses:

@ibThuggin.1758 said:It's called being a coward. The best is when they unblock you and talk smack and block you again while doing it at least 3 times. Just ask Naru, he's really good at it.

Nothing to do with cowardice, imo, its more about trying to piss off the person even more after your whisper. Its like a final "fuck you".

@Purgatori.3645 said:One of my favorite quotes is ... "When you start throwing dirt, you start loosing ground "

This is the only way that those people can rant and act childish while coming out of the situation feeling superior.

Let them be petty ... if there was an valid argument to be had they would stand and deal like an adult.

Poor example.

I throw dirt all the time. The difference is I dont cry when someone else throws dirt back at me.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Purgatori.3645 said:One of my favorite quotes is ... "When you start throwing dirt, you start loosing ground "

This is the only way that those people can rant and act childish while coming out of the situation feeling superior.

Let them be petty ... if there was an valid argument to be had they would stand and deal like an adult.

Poor example.

I throw dirt all the time. The difference is I dont cry when someone else throws dirt back at me.

Keep in mind you are not a role model to anyone. Everyone has their own ideas how to act. For example I turn off the chat during pvp matches and block anyone overreacting about the game afterwards.

Archived