Legends have to change.

Stajan.4581

These are way to expensive take way to long and are nothing more than a throw in the face of casual players and semi pro players. I have been working on Aurora and I was able to finally get the first part done in getting the Mastery of Draconis Mons. I than looked up what was next and i damn near fell out of my chair.Having to collect the following1 Spark of Sentience1 Mystic Tribute1 Gift of Sentience1 Gift of Draconic Mastery

For this trinket is way way way way outrageous Lets break this down and see just how much it will cost shall we. (this is of course at today's prices)Spark of Sentience, you need to charge 21 Xunlai Electrim Ingot. Each one is 3g 73s 43c that is 78g 42s 3c

Mystic Tribute: For this you need to have 2 gifts of magic 2 gifts of might 77 clover and 250 mystic coins250 coins: 385 g 11 2 45 c, The gifts of Might are 250g for 2 and the gifts of magic are 257g for 2. Of course you can not buy these off the trading post so you need the recipe and that will cost you 10 gold each. Clovers can not be bought so you have to gamble in the mystic toilet or you have to wait and wait and wait to get them ( i am not going to calculate the mystic toilet clover burst but if you calculate 100g you should be fine)That comes to: 1010g 11s 45c

Gift of Sentience for this you require The gift of Valor which is a time gated mastery that you have to complete and get druid rune stones to get the backpack this in gold will cost you 16g for runestones you have to give to druids, than there is buying the druid rune stones with karma you need 16 in total and each one cost 1050 karma. now we all know that karma can be converted to gold at about 1g per 100 karma so 16x1050 is 24000/100 =240 (gold valued in karma)Icy Runestones 100 at 1g each is 100gThe gift of energy is next that is 250 Crystalline, Incandescent Luminous, Radiant dust that is 75g 70s 98c

Gift of the mist is next: you need cube of stabilized dark matter to get this you will need 75 matrix 22g 73s 26c and a ball of dark matter which you have to get from salvaging an ascended item. Gift of war is 250 memory of battle that is 17g 47s 50c a Gift of glory which is 250 shards of glory 1g 35s and last but not least gift of battle which you can only get through a reward track in PvP or WvW

Last but not least is the Gift of Draconis Mastery for this you will require a Gift of dragon Magic: this means you have to collect 250 petrified wood snowberries and fire orchids, Gift of blood magic 250 blood rubies jade shards and orrian pearls a bloodstone shard 200 spirit shards and a Crystalline Ingot which you will need crystalline ore Augmented gemstone 95s 90c an ecto 19s 90c and Fulgrite which you have to make.

So all in all Aurora will cost you in gold alone 1497g 6 s 74c

This is out of hand it should not cost this much to be able to change your stats on the fly or for some floating cottonballs over your head. Lower the prices by making the farming and drop rates better to allow the players who can not be on all the time to farm hour after hour day after day or have deep enough pockets to buy all the mats they could ever want. These players make up the most of your players and I can a sure you if I am frustrated with this than there are others they are just afraid to voice it.

I have wasted several days not thinking that once i completed the mastery it would be a simple completion to get it, but now I am stuck with useless legendary material that i am not going to use because I 1 do not have the time to farm this much stuff 2 do not have the gold flow to buy them or 3 have deep pockets to get gems to turn to gold to buy the mats.

Things have to change and I say make legends dropable and raise the drop rate by 200-400% or have magic find effect your drop rates where you get more for higher magic find.

From one really really mad vet player

Why else would legendary eq be worth as much as it is if it wasn't taking a lot of time and gold? How can you -apparently a vet player- be surprised by that after all these years?The thing here is that you're not entitled to owning legendary item/s. It's not obligatory at all and (time/resource-wise) you'd actually be better off getting multiple copies of ascended gear instead.

• Confused 1

This may sound quite mean butMost people before crafting a legendary item would do research on the item and see whats actually involved.

If you see gen 1 Legendary's on the TP most are over 2000 gold , and why do you think that is?

It does not need to change , plenty of people have crafted legendary items and it is called legendary usually meaning it comes with a long kitten grind which I think vet players would already know?

• From one really really stunned vet player

true but for general players who see all these and ask how can i well they cant because of cost time and meta events becoming dead. and unfinishable. it all ties in together and needs to be fixed. making legends drop able fixes this issue except bring the drop rate up so that players can get them

@Stajan.4581 said:true but for general players who see all these and ask how can i well they cant because of cost time and meta events becoming dead. and unfinishable. it all ties in together and needs to be fixed. making legends drop able fixes this issue except bring the drop rate up so that players can get them

I'm a WvW player. I'm working on Aurora now. I only do what I can in any given time.It depends on how much and how quick you want it. If you really want it that much, you will do what it takes. Meta events are neither dead nor unfinishable. You may and will fail some meta events, but you need to always keep a positive attitude - remember you only need to succeed once and you're done with it.

I have made seven legendaries, one from scratch, got one precursor from a great friend, and purchased the others. I also have one piece of legendary gear. There were phases during which I had to do a tiny bit of grinding -- like with the gift of metal and doing platinum modes and iron node. Most I got just playing. Like right now I have over 250 clover in the bank from wvw tracks alone. I only use gold for what I absolutely have to buy or to get those last few mats to finish. So I don't think it's too much.

@"Stajan.4581" As much as you are frustrated by the cost and time of making Aurora: Anet will not change it as there would be a massive outcry from every single player that has achieved it, and this would not be fair to those players.

Having played Gw2 for 6 years myself I've never had any inclination to make a single Legendary trinket, weapon, armour as I am an alt-addict! I love playing all the different professions and personally to me, it would be senseless task to devote such an investment just into one single trinket or weapon etc. I would prefer 15-20 level 80 characters with Full Ascended, rather than devote such massive amounts of time and/or gold to equipping 2-3 characters with Full Leggy Sets. .....now if Legendary stats were actually an increase in stats over Ascended 3% or more I'd be busting my chops to get them (ofc this will never happen, as the Elitism in Raids and Fractals would be off the chain: "If you not full Leggy mate, your kicked" !)

^^ Having said that as my preference, Legendary trinkets and the like should be made costly and timely to obtain to make them "Special, exclusive, and a sense of real achievement for players", else the whole server would be running around with Leggy stuff and it wouldn't be that special or exclusive. It's like how often do you see some of the rarer Gen 2 Leggy's that aren't made that much ? e.g. Flames of War, Sharur, Verdarach, Eureka ? Ofc these Leggy's cost a lot to make, cannot put them in or buy them from TP so are even rarer and players that made Gen 1 equivalent are they really like to begin all over to craft a Gen 2 of the same weapon type? Maybe on a popular weapon like GS but I'm doubtful many would go to this much effort for less popular weapon types like torch, warhorn, hammer or mace.

Imo look at Legendary items as things to aspire to one day in the future after you have prioritised other stuff first: So maybe focus on full ascended sets, skins, infusions (cheaper ones ofc!), etc, etc, but while also being mindful along the way of all the stuff you need to craft a Legendary which over time (months+years) you can slowly accumulate this and some day in the future you will have accumulated the clovers, mystic coins, materials through the passage of time, meaning it won't be such an ardous task.

I found Aurora was one of the more fun and cheaper legendaries to make. 1500g for a legendary sounds pretty cheap Vs some of the others.

It's a long term project. Any stat changing convenience factor is just a nice bonus they added. Legendaries are specifically meant to be time and money sinks. I'm not sure I see them improving the process to be honest as they aren't really doing something they weren't intended to do by design

I mean sure Aurora May be worth ~1500g, but unless you’re literally not playing the game, a very sizeable amount of that gold cost is going to go away from material drops.

And if you ARE a veteran player I’m sure you have a sizeable pile of resources to use on crafting the thing.

Most of legendary crafting is just doing a little bit of farming for mats over a few days, you’d be amazed how easy it is to knock out legendaries for “cheap” (low liquid gold price) with a Bit of farming.

@borgs.6103 said:

@Stajan.4581 said:true but for general players who see all these and ask how can i well they cant because of cost time and meta events becoming dead. and unfinishable. it all ties in together and needs to be fixed. making legends drop able fixes this issue except bring the drop rate up so that players can get them

I'm a WvW player. I'm working on Aurora now. I only do what I can in any given time.It depends on how much and how quick you want it. If you really want it that much, you will do what it takes. Meta events are neither dead nor unfinishable.
You may and will fail
some meta events, but you need to always keep a positive attitude - remember you only need to succeed
once
and you're done with it.

Agreed. My first legendary weapon took me 13 months to make, not counting the stuff I'd already done before I decided to start on it, like currencies and materials I already had. Literally the first thing I did when I decided to make it was create a 'shopping list' of all the stuff required and where to get it, so I could see what was needed, decide if I really thought it was worth it and then decide what to work on first. Then I just did a bit at a time, when I could and I felt like doing it.

I'm currently making The Claw of the Khan-Ur and I'm doing that the same way. For example some days I'll go to Vabbi and get 5 funerary incense from the heart vendors (only 5 because I don't like the other 3 hearts), other days I'll decide I don't feel like doing that so I'll skip it. (I know I could buy it using Trade Contracts or Elegy Mosaics at the ToPK but I don't have enough for all of them, so for now I'm doing it the slow way, I'll use that to finish it off if this actually slows me down on making the legendary.)

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:This may sound quite mean butMost people before crafting a legendary item would do research on the item and see whats actually involved.

If you see gen 1 Legendary's on the TP most are over 2000 gold , and why do you think that is?

It does not need to change , plenty of people have crafted legendary items and it is called legendary usually meaning it comes with a long kitten grind which I think vet players would already know?

• From one really really stunned vet player

most people.....idk...do they?I.got quite a shock when making The Ascension...I foolishly did not look at all needed. xD.

I made it in the end and now I do look up all thats needed...but I didn't..and I'm not sure most people do.

But I agree, it doesn't need to change, no one needs legendaries.

@Durzlla.6295 said:I mean sure Aurora May be worth ~1500g, but unless you’re literally not playing the game, a very sizeable amount of that gold cost is going to go away from material drops.

And if you ARE a veteran player I’m sure you have a sizeable pile of resources to use on crafting the thing.

Most of legendary crafting is just doing a little bit of farming for mats over a few days, you’d be amazed how easy it is to knock out legendaries for “cheap” (low liquid gold price) with a Bit of farming.

No because i do hot horde my mats i collect them and then sell them, it is the only way to keep gold flowing in.

@Stajan.4581 said:Look legends should be drops it is the simple and maybe even able to be crafted,

What, why?

They should not cost more than a couple of hundred gold to make maybe 5 at max,

LMAO. ..200 gold to craft 5? So like 10€ ..for 5 ledgies...lol.

yes, lets not give anyone anything long term to do in a game without constant outdated gear, ledgie grind is needed.

hey should not be based on a time gate or anything, They should not reflect as any kind of statues. Each and every single player casual or pro as in you live on the game should be able to choose a legendary and be able to make it in no longer than 2 weeks.

I really hope you're not serious. Are you confusing gw2 with a single player game?

If they are not able to be done that way than get rid of all of them and put everything to ascended. Legendaries have one advantage and only one over ascended and that is switching of the stats. Ascended items do not take month or even years to make the same should be true about legendaries.

Exactly, so no kne needs ledgies. So time commitment is fine.

On the part of the outcry for other that have already done it....,.TO BAD you are the ones that took the 1500 gold you are the ones that took the weeks/month/years to do it suck it up buttercup and get on with your life.

Or you can accept that ledgies take time :)

I bet most of the people that made have deep kitten pockets and could pay to win the mats they needed. I for one do not...and lots of you here will say the same but you cannot prove it to me so do not bother. Plus if you have it already i really truly will not believe you.

What?

Change it make the drops able and craft able

They are craftable

lower the cost of the mats and take ectos out of salvageable material and make them drops.

This is how you make materials and gold worthless.

Bring back the old days like in gw1 where farming got you something other than jack kitten.

got you what exactly? I never played gw1.

@lokh.2695 said:

@Stajan.4581 said:Look legends should be drops it is the simple and maybe even able to be crafted, They should not cost more than a couple of hundred gold to make maybe 5 at max, they should not be based on a time gate or anything, They should not reflect as any kind of statues. Each and every single player casual or pro as in you live on the game should be able to choose a legendary and be able to make it in no longer than 2 weeks. If they are not able to be done that way than get rid of all of them and put everything to ascended. Legendaries have one advantage and only one over ascended and that is switching of the stats. Ascended items do not take month or even years to make the same should be true about legendaries.

On the part of the outcry for other that have already done it....,.TO BAD you are the ones that took the 1500 gold you are the ones that took the weeks/month/years to do it suck it up buttercup and get on with your life.

I bet most of the people that made have deep kitten pockets and could pay to win the mats they needed. I for one do not...and lots of you here will say the same but you cannot prove it to me so do not bother. Plus if you have it already i really truly will not believe you.

Change it make the drops able and craft able lower the cost of the mats and take ectos out of salvageable material and make them drops.

Bring back the old days like in gw1 where farming got you something other than jack kitten.

Legendaries should be free. I paid for the game and maybe even the expansions and within that purchase I also purchased the legendaries and every other reward in the game. I should have been sent every legendary item, every ultra rare infusion and be awarded every achievement in the game since I paid for a full game.

Maybe some of you worked towards these rewards by now, well that's sad for you but why should I care, I want my free stuff and I want it now. Now! Now! Now NOW!!! You can't convince me otherwise, I just won't believe you.

Bring back the old days of pong where you bought a game and had everything unlocked from the beginning!/sarcasm

Did not say free i said drop able they are not the same you still have to work for it, just in a different way

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Stajan.4581 said:Look legends should be drops it is the simple and maybe even able to be crafted,

What, why?

They should not cost more than a couple of hundred gold to make maybe 5 at max,

LMAO. ..200 gold to craft 5? So like 10€ ..for 5 ledgies...lol.

yes, lets not give anyone anything long term to do in a game without constant outdated gear, ledgie grind is needed.

hey should not be based on a time gate or anything, They should not reflect as any kind of statues. Each and every single player casual or pro as in you live on the game should be able to choose a legendary and be able to make it in no longer than 2 weeks.

I really hope you're not serious. Are you confusing gw2 with a single player game?

If they are not able to be done that way than get rid of all of them and put everything to ascended. Legendaries have one advantage and only one over ascended and that is switching of the stats. Ascended items do not take month or even years to make the same should be true about legendaries.

Exactly, so no kne needs ledgies. So time commitment is fine.

Or you can accept that ledgies take time :)

What?

Change it make the drops able and craft able

They are craftable

lower the cost of the mats and take ectos out of salvageable material and make them drops.

This is how you make materials and gold worthless.

got you what exactly? I never played gw1.

I GW1 you could farm the rarest weapons in the game by killing enemies, even when knowing how to do it and where to go it still took a ton of time and the chances of getting one were low. Making legendary weapons and armour as a drop would encourage players to go out and do more game content instead of sitting around in LA crafting and playing the TP like accountants. It would also drop the prices of the mats your right with that but they would not bottom out. Besides the richest people in the game have over 2million in assets and gold. All they do is flip inside the TP and within their own guild. They basically run their guild like a TP and under cut the TP so why not just get everything down. Players who do not have the time to play and make legends should still have the chance to get one or 2 or 100 but with time restrains some people can not play for as long as it takes, can not get all the mats and or unable to go through metas that are needed to do it (this is on another discussion on here). So yes all legendaries should be drop able by any enemy with lower level enemies having a lower chance at it.

To be honest, I'm just glad that most legendaries are ugly and that ascended gear is just as good. There's no worry of pay-to-win in this game so much as pay-to-fashion, and being able to buy legendaries by squirreling gold away over time or chipping at crafting them makes them much more accessible to people than the methods I've seen in other games.

This is why I think legendaries are okay despite their time/money cost: There are multiple ways to get them, and they're completely optional.

That's actually one of my favorite things about GuildWars2 (not so much recently), that you can achieve the same goal through many methods. Renown hearts in Core Tyria are a good example of this.

I can understand your frustration with the system being pretty bloated and drawn out, but that's the whole point of legendary crafting. It's supposed to be very involved, expensive, and time-consuming, in order to give weight to the fact that you have the item. This viewpoint was eventually reinforced when legendary equipment was changed over to account-bound, so folks couldn't just buy Chuka and Champawat off the TP. Now, anybody who has the weapon, has clearly put in the time and effort to do the collections, level their crafting, etc. etc. etc. in order to get the final weapon.

I get that it's frustrating. I don't craft legendaries, because according to my sensibilities, they aren't interesting enough or worthwhile enough for me to invest in it. If they were easier to craft, I'd probably do it. But then they wouldn't be legendary weapons.

ANet won't make them easier to obtain, and they really shouldn't.

@"Stajan.4581" said:true but for general players who see all these and ask how can i well they cant because of cost time and meta events becoming dead. and unfinishable. it all ties in together and needs to be fixed. making legends drop able fixes this issue except bring the drop rate up so that players can get them

You do know they're not for everyone right? They're completely optional and really aren't designed for what people like to term "casual" players, you're every day Joe, unless they really want one, then they'll look up what's involved and decide if it's worth the effort. If they decide it's worth the effort once that person has completed the Legendary weapon they can truly feel they've accomplished something legendary...through time and effort. Anyone can have one, if they're willing to put in the time and effort to do so, otherwise they aren't Legendary.

Only 2 legendary that need to change imo: Vision and Runes/Sigils

• Vision is too expensive and require too much efforts when it has less stats than armor/weapon/backpack, no visual effect of it own
  • Runes/sigils, good idea executed poorly, too expensive when some people (myself included) only use few runes/sigils for build, with legendary items? They are even more irrelevant.

Legendaries are achievements in their own right, rewarded for completing a beast of a checklist. It's a reward for playing the game that devotedly. Wanna get rewarded for playing the game? Play the game.

It's just another thread demanding more instant gratification. Sorry not sorry, on to the next.