Disappointment of a class, disappointment of an elite spec

Lighter.5631

The most disappointing class of guild wars 2, the most boring class in PvE, having the same meta since 2012 being the banner bot that it is. (i've not touched warrior in PvE since PoF)

PvP (not WvW) side of things are also straight garbage. For years the meta only being straight passive sustain buffs and nerfs, buffs and nerfs. there's literally not a single warrior player played warrior to top20 this season in NA and i also love how anet kill off all possible condi build for warrior in pvp through out the years.

and for years, pre pof, guardian shits over warrior with block, blind, weakness uptime, these are the three things that fucks over warrior heavy(also high condition uptime depend on build/meta). It was even worst with HoT dragonhunter, with high block uptime and unblockable CC, warrior had 0 chance against a dragonhunter.

tho you thought with PoF and spellbreaker the supposed mage killer, it should not be fucked by block, blind, weakness, aoes like the old warriorsbut no.Fire weaver fucks over spellbreaker, sage mantra firebrand fucks over spellbreaker, both mages classes. both literally fucks over all warrior with the exact same thing that fucked warrior for years and years, except you can counter build(they can still play around you) but then you are fucked by everybody else and still weaver and fb can find ways to work around your counter build without changing build themselves.

i used to play a lot of warrior for pvp, but not anymore, HoT literally made me quit for how shitty the class is made and with PoF i mained Holo and still plays holo for pve.warrior is such a disappoint that i had to share my thought, tbh i may still play warrior in pvp from time to time, but not anymore serious and not anymore loved.

Threw rating on last day and fell out of top 25 RIP :( LUL. Just messing around. I understand what you are trying to say.

My number 1 from a 'fun' perspective is a spellbreaker meditations rework to actually be good against heavy boon classes. Like spb should hard counter boon builds.

I thought of an idea earlier that could be fun. Rework Enchantment Collapse to:

• Warrior gains the boons removed from the enemy. This would probably need to be like Bountiful Theft where you don't actually steal 25 might, but just a set amount/duration.
  • Also, when you are at full stacks of Attacker's Insight, your next strike applies the Winds of Disenchantment debuff for something like 2-3s (5s ICD maybe?). This would turn warrior into not only boon removal, but more potent boon prevention. Could be fun.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:Threw rating on last day and fell out of top 25 RIP :( LUL. Just messing around. I understand what you are trying to say.

My number 1 from a 'fun' perspective is a spellbreaker meditations rework to actually be good against heavy boon classes. Like spb should hard counter boon builds.

I thought of an idea earlier that could be fun. Rework Enchantment Collapse to:

• Warrior gains the boons removed from the enemy. This would probably need to be like Bountiful Theft where you don't actually steal 25 might, but just a set amount/duration.
  • Also, when you are at full stacks of Attacker's Insight, your next strike applies the Winds of Disenchantment debuff for something like 2-3s (5s ICD maybe?). This would turn warrior into not only boon removal, but more potent boon prevention. Could be fun.

Or Anet could give it the Warrior's Cunning treatment. +50% damage against foes you remove boons from.

j/k

Anet has shown willingness to counter overly defensive abilities (barrier) to dissuade/counter their use, however the abilities that SpB had that did do large damage while removing boons all got their damage nerfed. So... your guess is as good as mine on what they would do.

If you don't play warrior anymore and you didn't enjoy it (because it's a disappointment of a class, espec and generally -in your opinion- a boring and unfun class) then why exactly are you so drawn to it and keep trying to throw your opinion on it? If it's somehow bad and boring for you, then stick to the more interesting (again: for you) classes and get over it already. Seriously, I don't understand that -there's 9 classes each with especs, nobody forces you the play that one specific class that you don't enjoy.

• Confused 1

How this class treated with no love, there used to some nice small animation for rage skills for berserker, but in release, all animation effect removed, like wild blow only ended up with a guy punching air.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Berserker_Utility_Wild_Blow.jpghttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Berserker_Concept_art_001.jpg

and look at how over the top other classes animations are.

such disappointment for such a long time.

also like i said, i already rolled holo since pof, rerolling doesnt justify the disappointment i felt for playing this class since spring 2013 and being my first class

its like saying "hey your first dog's dead, it's ok just get another one, like nothing happened, it's still dog"and im not going to argue no more on this topic, i'm just here to unleash my disappointment, which you will felt eventually if you actually love the class, love the game, played the class to it's core instead of typing in forum all day talking at the lowest level of competitive sense and never logs on like some one we all know here. im just putting my thoughts here and move on.

I understand the disappointment from op.Warrior especs are boring, they dont change the gameplay alot, like necro specs do for example, warrior epsecs are just the same scheme of smasing your head against a wall until it or the warrior breaks. Spb doesnt change that, the boonremovel is just too weak on its own.

@RedShark.9548 said:I understand the disappointment from op.Warrior especs are boring, they dont change the gameplay alot, like necro specs do for example, warrior epsecs are just the same scheme of smasing your head against a wall until it or the warrior breaks. Spb doesnt change that, the boonremovel is just too weak on its own.

Well they could include Burst Attacks into Dispelling Force. FC and bursts that interrupt would rip 2 boons, bursts like Arcing Slice would rip a boon from every target hit, etc. Would that strike your fancy?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:I understand the disappointment from op.Warrior especs are boring, they dont change the gameplay alot, like necro specs do for example, warrior epsecs are just the same scheme of smasing your head against a wall until it or the warrior breaks. Spb doesnt change that, the boonremovel is just too weak on its own.

Well they could include Burst Attacks into Dispelling Force. FC and bursts that interrupt would rip 2 boons, bursts like Arcing Slice would rip a boon from every target hit, etc. Would that strike your fancy?

That would be a step, but im not rly for putting even more stuff into burst skills, already there is so much stuff tied to bursts

Adrenal health, cleansing ire, berserkers power, magebane tether etc. etc.

Not hitting bursts because of blindspam, aegis and the amount of dodges some classes have would feel even worse than now (would play even more into the scheme that tge op was complaining about)

I do like the concept of a anti boon debuff, that prevents application of boons, like someone mentioned above. Not sure how exactly that would be implemented.

@RedShark.9548 said:

That would be a step, but im not rly for putting even more stuff into burst skills, already there is so much stuff tied to bursts

Adrenal health, cleansing ire, berserkers power, magebane tether etc. etc.

Not hitting bursts because of blindspam, aegis and the amount of dodges some classes have would feel even worse than now (would play even more into the scheme that tge op was complaining about)

I do like the concept of a anti boon debuff, that prevents application of boons, like someone mentioned above. Not sure how exactly that would be implemented.

The only other option would be for Dispelling Force, or some other trait, to remove boons based on a critical hits with an ICD per person affected. A debuff that you can't cleanse from yourself that keeps boon from being applied would be VERY strong, and perhaps too strong. Having burst attacks remove boons would at least provide counterplay against it, which is something to consider (sometimes I think Anet doesn't consider this until years later).

I got a question to you guys is it me or does core warr defense line look really disappointing? i see a single block.

Last stand is cool so is defy pain and shield master is nice but where are invulns? where are the protections?

the line looks barren almost and looks as if you guys don't have much invulns or evades and are about just pure toughness. in fact the toughness thing and the str to toughness looks like one of the lines from reaper. I don't know if thats the only line or if you get a ton of invulns n stuff in your line but i hope to god you guys don't depend on just this line and toughness, because that would be god awful.

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question to you guys is it me or does core warr defense line look really disappointing? i see a single block.

Last stand is cool so is defy pain and shield master is nice but where are invulns? where are the protections?

the line looks barren almost and looks as if you guys don't have much invulns or evades and are about just pure toughness. in fact the toughness thing and the str to toughness looks like one of the lines from reaper. I don't know if thats the only line or if you get a ton of invulns n stuff in your line but i hope to god you guys don't depend on just this line and toughness, because that would be god awful.

Defy pain is 2-5 seconds of invulnerable to physical damage when you are struck below 50% depending on game mode and if last stand is traited. With Endure pain, a shield, and defiant stance you can have between 11-18s of physical damage immunity, block, or incoming damage converted to healing depending on game mode and if last stand is traited.

Evades for warrior are from GS or rifle. Adrenal Health from Defense aids in the healing during that invulnerability period as does things like Might Makes Right and Menders Might.

I typically don't run Defense and do just fine, but others feel they need the extra sustain from Defense, and if you do then take it. If you personally do not see any worth in taking Defense, then take a more offensive trait line like Strength or Arms, or a utility line like Discipline or Tactics bearing in mind that Tactics has a set of strong DPS traits in it now.

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question to you guys is it me or does core warr defense line look really disappointing? i see a single block.

Defy pain is 2-5 seconds of invulnerable to physical damage when you are struck below 50% depending on game mode and if last stand is traited. With Endure pain, a shield, and defiant stance you can have between 11-18s of physical damage immunity, block, or incoming damage converted to healing depending on game mode and if last stand is traited.

Evades for warrior are from GS or rifle. Adrenal Health from Defense aids in the healing during that invulnerability period as does things like Might Makes Right and Menders Might.

I typically don't run Defense and do just fine, but others feel they need the extra sustain from Defense, and if you do then take it. If you personally do not see any worth in taking Defense, then take a more offensive trait line like Strength or Arms, or a utility line like Discipline or Tactics bearing in mind that Tactics has a set of strong DPS traits in it now.

lol the few warriors i encounter, that don't run defense traitline, die in 1-2 sec to thief/ranger burst. I always lol when a warrior in wvw does not run this line. In pvp it's another story because the traitline has been nerfed into oblivion, but the dmg in pvp is all around far lower than in wvw and thus stances are not necessary.

@Ferus.3165 said:

lol the few warriors i encounter, that don't run defense traitline, die in 1-2 sec to thief/ranger burst. I always lol when a warrior in wvw does not run this line. In pvp it's another story because the traitline has been nerfed into oblivion, but the dmg in pvp is all around far lower than in wvw and thus stances are not necessary.

Sounds like those warriors need to carry a cc.

or stunbreak man look at the stunbreak and cc resistance from that same line.

@Axl.8924 said:

That or just stun the thief and sneeze on him to down him.

@Ferus.3165 said:

This.Defense is good in wvw, but completely dead in pvp, due to heavy nerfs 2sec of physical dmg immunityevery 90sec? Wow

Also the higher dmg in wvw.

@Axl.8924 said:

As if any competent thief lets himself get stunned, or gets stunned without any stunbreak rdy, nice joke

As if any competent thief lets himself get stunned, or gets stunned without any stunbreak rdy, nice jokeAs if any competent warrior lets himself get bursted by a thief, that's a better joke.

Sooner or later he will land one, since he can easily reset the fight over and over again, also sword thiefs dont even need to burst you down, they can wear you down slowly, poison and not landing bursts will prevent most of the warriors healing

@RedShark.9548 said:

As if any competent thief lets himself get stunned, or gets stunned without any stunbreak rdy, nice jokeAs if any competent warrior lets himself get bursted by a thief, that's a better joke.

Sooner or later he will land one, since he can easily reset the fight over and over again, also sword thiefs dont even need to burst you down, they can wear you down slowly, poison and not landing bursts will prevent most of the warriors healing

By your own logic, thief will get stunned without a stunbreak rdy "sooner or later". Or is this another one of those imaginary situations in which my opponent can play perfectly and I can't just so I can pretend I have a point, so warrior will make a mistake "sooner or later" (while not landing bursts btw), but his opponent won't?

Seriously, either I'm missing something here or I really don't understand your way of thinking, where the only misplays that happen are the ones I WANT to happen.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

By your own logic, thief will get stunned without a stunbreak rdy "sooner or later". Or is this another one of those imaginary situations in which my opponent can play perfectly and I can't just so I can pretend I have a point, so warrior will make a mistake "sooner or later" (while not landing bursts btw), but his opponent won't?

Seriously, either I'm missing something here or I really don't understand your way of thinking, where the only misplays that happen are the ones I WANT to happen.

If he gets stunned he has a stunbreak rdy, if he has none rdy, he wont reengage. He is the one who can decide to reset the fight, if its going in his favor, because the warrior made a mistake, he keeps pressuring, if he makes a mistake he resets the fight and waits for cooldowns. The warriir kittens up and gets hunted down by the thief because of superior mobility and no access to stealth. Whats not to understand about that?