New Weapon Set Available

Let me start off by saying I have supported you guys a ton. I bought Guild Wars 1 and all of it's expansions for myself and three of my friends. For Guild Wars 2 I bought myself and my wife the game and all the expansions; in addition I've also spent a lot of money on gem store items for myself, my wife, and my friends. In total I've probably spent around $500+ supporting your game because I believe in it.

That's about to end though. I'm done with you pushing things through Black Lion Chests instead of just letting me purchase them. I've never bought a single Black Lion Chest Key and I never will. It's a slimy business model that I will not support. If you want to let your players buy cosmetics then let them buy cosmetics, but stop having them gamble for them. I will continue to buy some things through the gemstore, but I am going to be infinitely more picky. Eventually if this push to get people to buy Black Lion Keys doesn't end I will just stop purchasing all together.

Love you guys, but I really needed to let you know this was on my mind. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. We're your customers and we support you. We're aren't something you should be exploiting.

@Maliheim.2591 said:Let me start off by saying I have supported you guys a ton. I bought Guild Wars 1 and all of it's expansions for myself and three of my friends. For Guild Wars 2 I bought myself and my wife the game and all the expansions; in addition I've also spent a lot of money on gem store items for myself, my wife, and my friends. In total I've probably spent around $500+ supporting your game because I believe in it.

That's about to end though. I'm done with you pushing things through Black Lion Chests instead of just letting me purchase them. I've never bought a single Black Lion Chest Key and I never will. It's a slimy business model that I will not support. If you want to let your players buy cosmetics then let them buy cosmetics, but stop having them gamble for them. I will continue to buy some things through the gemstore, but I am going to be infinitely more picky. Eventually if this push to get people to buy Black Lion Keys doesn't end I will just stop purchasing all together.

Love you guys, but I really needed to let you know this was on my mind. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. We're your customers and we support you. We're aren't something you should be exploiting.

A weapon from the gemstore would cost you about about 500-600 gems, right? You understand that you can buy 500-600 gems and convert to 125-150 gold to buy the skins off the trading post, right? So what's your problem again? That one untradeable skin they add each month (or longer)? Oof.

• Confused 1

You wont get any help here op, the forums don't favor the customers here, its far too bias to the developers.. Better to use other avenues to air grievances, Also the game makes far too much on BL chests to ever stop the gambling. The only way it will stop is through government laws.

@Dante.1508 said:You wont get any help here op, the forums don't favor the customers here, its far too bias to the developers.. Better to use other avenues to air grievances, Also the game makes far too much on BL chests to ever stop the gambling. The only way it will stop is through government laws.

Or we stop complaining and be realistic?

I mean, you can earn like 40g an hour in the lab and buy those skins cheap on the TP... Or do you feel Anet should just mail them to players bc we are customers?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Maliheim.2591 said:If you want to let your players buy cosmetics then let them buy cosmetics, but stop having them gamble for them.

Black Lion Weapon Sets have been a thing since launch, if I remember correctly.

Just wait until players sell them at the Trading Post? No big deal.

Players have been selling then already. They are cheap.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Maliheim.2591 said:Let me start off by saying I have supported you guys a ton. I bought Guild Wars 1 and all of it's expansions for myself and three of my friends. For Guild Wars 2 I bought myself and my wife the game and all the expansions; in addition I've also spent a lot of money on gem store items for myself, my wife, and my friends. In total I've probably spent around $500+ supporting your game because I believe in it.

A weapon from the gemstore would cost you about about 500-600 gems, right? You understand that you can buy 500-600 gems and convert to 125-150 gold to buy the skins off the trading post, right? So what's your problem again? That one untradeable skin they add each month (or longer)? Oof.

this...this how I got most of my skins. But will buy some keys. I want that new Chain gauntlet

@"Clyan.1593" said:I dont think hes complaining about the weapon skins. Do you people actually read?

The title is "New Weapon Set Available" so I think he is complaining about the seven reapers weapon skin set and how you obtain them through black lion chests. What do you think he's talking about?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

this...this how I got most of my skins. But will buy some keys. I want that new Chain gauntlet

... Interest piqued. What new chain gauntlet!?

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

@"Maliheim.2591" said:Let me start off by saying I have supported you guys a ton. I bought Guild Wars 1 and all of it's expansions for myself and three of my friends. For Guild Wars 2 I bought myself and my wife the game and all the expansions; in addition I've also spent a lot of money on gem store items for myself, my wife, and my friends. In total I've probably spent around $500+ supporting your game because I believe in it.

... Interest piqued. What new chain gauntlet!?

Probably referring to this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Searing_Chain_Gloves

@Maliheim.2591 said:snip

Just so I undertand your point, you would rather have more weapons on the gem store for 400-600 gems a piece (at 38 gold per 100 gems, that's over 150 gold per weapon and more) versus Black Lion Weapons which usually go for 30-50 gold a piece on the trading post when released?

So this is completely about the method of acquisition and in no way related to cost for you I assume?

Given a lot of players in this game are quite price sensitive, I'm unsure most would agree with your problem. I'm also not sure why you would be opening Black Lion Chests to get weapon claim tickets in the first place. That's the most retarded way in getting these skins ever since Black Lion Weapons were introduced...

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Dante.1508 said:You wont get any help here op, the forums don't favor the customers here, its far too bias to the developers.. Better to use other avenues to air grievances, Also the game makes far too much on BL chests to ever stop the gambling. The only way it will stop is through government laws.

I mean, you can earn like 40g an hour in the lab and buy those skins cheap on the TP... Or do you feel Anet should just mail them to players bc we are customers?

Yes i do.

@Gryphon.2875 said:I just bought 2 of the new Seven Reaper BLC skins off the trading post. Simple.

If other people hadn't bought BL chests you wouldn't have been able to buy them off the Auction house... Free chests would take years to get skins like Seven Reapers.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:The Seven Reapers weapons are 50+ gold each right now. https://www.gw2tp.com/search?name=Reapers+No opening of Black Lion Chests required to get one.

Again if others don't open them you wouldn't be able to buy them..

@Dante.1508 said:

Yes i do.

@Gryphon.2875 said:I just bought 2 of the new Seven Reaper BLC skins off the trading post. Simple.

If other people hadn't bought BL chests you wouldn't have been able to buy them off the Auction house... Free chests would take years to get skins like Seven Reapers.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:The Seven Reapers weapons are 50+ gold each right now.
+No opening of Black Lion Chests required to get one.

People open Black Lion Chests for multiple reasons, for some the weapon tickets are side drops.

You are free to make a complaint thread about Black Lion Chests in general.

Fact of the matter is though, as far as Black Lion Weapons, having the skins in chests is currently, and has been for as long as BLC weapon skins have been introduced, is cheaper and more customer friendly than having them as direct purchase options on the store. Which is what TC was complaining about.

@Dante.1508 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:The Seven Reapers weapons are 50+ gold each right now.
+No opening of Black Lion Chests required to get one.

Is that even a reasonable remark to make?

Obviously enough people are opening BLC and selling weapons on the trading post for them to be fairly cheap and have been since the start of the game and there is no sign that this is going to change.