"grieving" hybrid Quickbrand

BrokenGlass.9356

My guess is that this should be fine for fractals (dunno about CMs though)? However, IIRC power only accounts for around 20% of the damage from the condition firebrand variants already using a mix of Viper's+Sinister's+Grieving, so I'm not sure if you trying to hybridize this way really makes a change compared to something like full Viper's + Firebrand runes.

Played properly you'll have enough dmg/utility to do any content yes.

Obviously not min-maxed or the best option but it's not like you'll be doing no damage or no support with this build, plenty of T4/CM players struggle to pull 15k~ while a full seraph quickbrand can do >15k running Honor traitline for more support, so you should be able to pull more than that.

One thing to keep in mind for fractals is that you'll barely provide any might, pretty much relying on a Ren to F2 off cd or have some other support that can do might

Thank you guys for the analysis.

My original concept is based on a few facts.

• I don't have legendary gear to stat swap between power and direct damage builds.
  • On certain raid bosses power quickbrand is preferred to the extent that Snowcrows doesn't offer guides for condi quickbrand on some bosses at all.
  • On certain raid bosses condi quickbrand is preferred to the extent that Snowcrows doesn't offer guides for power quickbrand on some bosses at all.

So I wanted to find a build that would ramp up to its top end DPS faster than possible on a pure condi build, so that during split phases, and vulnerability phases, my damage isn't as slow as pure condi.

All that predicted on the notion that quickbrand isn't really supposed to output at the top of the dps chart. And if I'm always buried in the low-bottom of the dps, but above the supports.... Nobody is going to give me any trouble for it.

@"BrokenGlass.9356" said:Thank you guys for the analysis.

My original concept is based on a few facts.

• I don't have legendary gear to stat swap between power and direct damage builds.
  • On certain raid bosses power quickbrand is preferred to the extent that Snowcrows doesn't offer guides for condi quickbrand on some bosses at all.
  • On certain raid bosses condi quickbrand is preferred to the extent that Snowcrows doesn't offer guides for power quickbrand on some bosses at all.

So I wanted to find a build that would ramp up to its top end DPS faster than possible on a pure condi build, so that during split phases, and vulnerability phases, my damage isn't as slow as pure condi.

All that predicted on the notion that quickbrand isn't really supposed to output at the top of the dps chart. And if I'm always buried in the low-bottom of the dps, but above the supports.... Nobody is going to give me any trouble for it.

I'd only consider pQB for Samarog and KC honestly, damage is way lower than condi and the only thing you really offer is the Bane signet share, which is a bit of CC and small dps boost for your party, and there's way more power than condi dps on most groups so i'd say condi is the way to go if you need to focus on a single build, cFB is pretty much all burn damage and takes almost no time to peak.

Only time pFB can pull quite a lot ahead of cFB is in fractals with a <5s burst window, even then i saw a log of a cFB with like 80-90k single target burst in a 4s window i believe.

Not sure what was the rotation/gear but here's the pic of the log someone posted on reddit: https://i.imgur.com/0CQgeQ6.png

Honestly : don't go hybrid. Go condition (edit, if you don't want multiple armors). The vipere + firebrand runes. In raids you have some encounters with invu or phases or armor/vitality ratio for whom power is better ... it's still okai-ish to go condi.In fractals you're really close to power in burst. You have a 1-3sec of delay for your burst to tick, it can be a bit annoying against skorvald or mama, siax, -IF...you want to "speedrun"- but after this delay you will outdo the powerFB effortlessly. You can even be top dps and still carry the quickness, stab, F2-F3... It's even better with many adds, like siren's reef, the dredges, the svanirs ... with virtues over zeal.The issue is Bane Signet. If a DH takes it, it's ok, otherwise try to gauge if your group is worth your 20~25% dps lost.

• Confused 1