How much gold can we earn from the Mad Labyrinth farm?

It varies hugely depending on how you do it. If you're in a fast moving group, skipping the bosses and you're able to tag everything and all those enemies get killed you'll get much more gold than if you're in a slower group and missing some of the enemies.

For me it's a trade-off. I deliberately look for casual groups who kill the bosses, don't use mounts and are willing to go a bit slower (e.g. waiting at a door for everyone to catch up). I know it means I get less gold than if I joined an ultra-high efficiency group and was able to keep up, but I also know it makes the difference for me between something I want to stop doing as soon as possible and something I don't mind doing for an hour or so at a time, which ultimately means I get more gold overall. (I'll never enjoy farming so finding ways to make it tolerable is the best I can hope for.)

The max gold from Lab farm is achieved by:

• playing a fast class with AoE skills to tag max number of monsters (e.g. shortbow thief, flamethrower lab farm engi);
  • joining a squad that forbids mounts/gear (or at least no trinkets) and skips all veteran and boss doors;
  • increasing your MF at least to 500 (food, utility, boosters, banners; see wiki for the MF maximising).

With this setup, you should be getting about 30-35 gold/hour. If you do not maintain your MF your income will decrease dramatically, since the number of dropped bags will reduce (at least this is how it worked last year).

@Jura.2170 said:I can only make 5 or 10 an hour

Do you have birthday and celebratiom boosters? magic find boosters and magic find food and urility?

What class are you using?

I prefer solo, because in a zerg, I was only making 5g an hour too. Mobs melt too fast to tag.

Do keep in mind that its better to sell halloween gifts after halloween.

I get about 7g/hour from trick or treat bags alone, but i am not maximising mf, am tagging not that many things, and largely looking for all door squads because i'm primarily using it to level up.

With that in mind, it would be more efficient to do silverwastes or dragonfall if one does not farm efficiently; farming inefficiently gets less gold than the very casual participation in SW farm (providing you have a good sense of what gold participation is you can leave the posts early and afk for half of the farm).

The right-now profit will be dropping over the next two weeks as the supply of lab drops increases.

@Taygus.4571 said:

Do you have birthday and celebratiom boosters? magic find boosters and magic find food and urility?

I prefer solo, because in a zerg, I was only making 5g an hour too. Mobs melt too fast to tag.

Solo produces fewer mobs, though. A good zerg comm should make sure that people do not have anything but weapons and an amulet equipped. This way the damage becomes low enough for the majority of players to be able to tag.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

Solo produces fewer mobs, though. A good zerg comm should make sure that people do not have anything but weapons and an amulet equipped. This way the damage becomes low enough for the majority of players to be able to tag.

Yes, I know...but I'm getting 300+ bags an hour @400MF... better than I ever got in a zerg. And its my own relaxed pace.

most comms don't make sure of this...its also impossible to ensure everyone obeys. I've never managed to tag mobs well in a zerg(aside from the doors) because mobs are destroyed before I can tag.

@Taygus.4571 said:

Yes, I know...but I'm getting 300+ bags an hour @400MF... better than I ever got in a zerg. And its my own relaxed pace.

most comms don't make sure of this...its also impossible to ensure everyone obeys. I've never managed to tag mobs well in a zerg(aside from the doors) because mobs are destroyed before I can tag.

I am usually lucky with comms and zergs. I also use farming builds tailored for the event. I average 600 bags/hour (I tend to forget to reapply boosters). However, I do agree it is a bit stressful: I always have to pay attention to stay at the head of the zerg.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

I am usually lucky with comms and zergs. I also use farming builds tailored for the event. I average 600 bags/hour (I tend to forget to reapply boosters). However, I do agree it is a bit stressful: I always have to pay attention to stay at the head of the zerg.Not so much stressful as it is mindnumbingly boring.

I did a quick run yesterday and got about 250 bags in around 30m which sold for 13ish gold I think. Thats only the treat bags, none of the extras (accidentally salvaged all gear bags, lol). 5+ minutes of that was a completely dead period too, no doors at all. Think the instance was full, though just random com and no organized led train.

After that my head was mush.

@"Black Frog.9274" said:Is the gold made from selling the bags? Or from opening and selling the contents?

Selling ToT bags on the TP is basically making gold. Opening them is rolling the dice and hoping to win big. It might happen, but it's definately the less safe option.

As to the topic at hand, I net around 500-600 ToT bags per hour of casual labby farm in random squads (on my Scrapper this year, have all the buffs on him and am to lazy to trade them over to my shortbow DD). Mostly doing the farms currently to get rid of my Teal Branded Mists (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Teal_Branded_Mist).

500 ToT bags come out as around 30 gold per hour currently. Definately the most straitforward way of farming gold.

EDIT: mf is around 500+% given how I have a base of 318%.