Ghostly Racing Scarf is too hard

huluobo.7036

I don't want to sound condescending but it seems like you are either experiencing some weird bug or you just haven't quite mastered the beetle yet. That's fine, but the achievement isn't hard to get at all. Besides, you can buy it from the vendor like Ashantara said.

@ParadoX.3124 said:If you find this hard, you were not here last year when they did increase the cap for gold reward. It was like 50 sec or something.

Agreed

However drifting seems to be random this year, there are times my beetle will drift no problem and others its like the game receives no input and does its own thing, i dont know if its a bug in the arena or if its just more major lag that the servers seem to be suffering from daily now.

@huluobo.7036 said:The driving process will bounce off the ground, and I can't control the direction during the bounce. I really don't know how others finished it. I only have 1 minute and 7 seconds.

ehm you know my right hand is in a cast atm and I managed to do it yesterday with just my left hand. So if I can do it then you should be able to as well.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:My problem with this achievement isn't the inability it drift, it's the lag that this map has for more me that make any turn almost impossible on the beetle

The map has zero lags for me. Could be an issue with your internet connection or your PC performance.

Sadly, I live in the middle of nowhere Wyoming, so I have to take what I can get

@ParadoX.3124 said:Well, there are three parameters to take in account when drifting : Drift key, left or right key, and camera : You need to turn your camera on the direction you want to turn.

Isn't there a fourth thing as well? I haven' really tested but I have seen people mention that drifting only works at certain speeds as indicated by the color of the thruster.

TBH did the Gold achieve on first attempt this year.. key is to know when to use your thrusts.. going hell for leather constantly just wont work, there are too many tight areas where your drift wont work and you end up either hitting a gravestone or worse.

Now the Lunatic Racer achieve.. that is something else... so far my best is like 12 seconds away from the 2min mark.

Practice makes perfect though.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:TBH did the Gold achieve on first attempt this year.. key is to know when to use your thrusts.. going hell for leather constantly just wont work, there are too many tight areas where your drift wont work and you end up either hitting a gravestone or worse.

Now the Lunatic Racer achieve.. that is something else... so far my best is like 12 seconds away from the 2min mark.

Practice makes perfect though.

Did they change that achievement? I coulda sworn it was higher when i got it last year O_o

Seems okay to have this one not counting towards any meta and having the scarf buyable. So everyone can get it. The achievement still gives AP. (And maybe they could add a title.) I guess since it is not "annual" you try it every year until you get without having to re-do it once you managed to get it one time.

I'm a bit surpsised though about the different gold awards are balanced. I guess some just are a lot harder because of the achievement they wanted to be hard. (Then again there could be a different level for the achievement separate from gold.) I remember the festval of the four winds event where the Dolyak race and the one in the water (with rented moutn without expansions) were sooo easy to get gold. Didn't need a lot of training to be 15 seconds faster than gold required.

Drifting ... I seem to have a problem with it. Never needed it much. And I still play without expansions. (Though the missing masteries should not affect his much I guess - at least wiki doesn't mention masteries related to drifting.) Gold in the dragon bash beetle race was pretty easy.

Here I guess it needs a lot of training. What Bloodstealer mentions seems to be a main problem for me (until I train a lot). Knowing how to time the thrusts seems important to me.

Lunatic racer though seemed easy. Managed it at the first ry after I paid gold to the guy (for achievement) to spawn the rental NPC in labyrith and then using the mount (I think it as raptor) I could rent. Wasn't even gold here. They made the achievement easier I think silver reward was 2 mins..

Honestly, it's just practice. It will take a little time, try not to be frustrated you can't do it after one or two days or trying, the festival is around for a while yet.

I remember last year I was absolutely woeful at the track. But over a period of several days practice, and learning about the finer points of how Petey moves and turns at speed, I broke the 54 s (or whatever it was before the change) required for the gold reward. I'm an average player at best so if I can do it, absolutely anyone can.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@ParadoX.3124 said:Well, there are three parameters to take in account when drifting : Drift key, left or right key, and camera : You need to turn your camera on the direction you want to turn.

Isn't there a fourth thing as well? I haven' really tested but I have seen people mention that drifting only works at certain speeds as indicated by the color of the thruster.

Well, drifting becomes more difficult at a higher speed, but the technique is the same. The most important thing is: let go of your drifting buttong/key rather sooner than later, because the longer you press it the longer you slide sideways.