Skyscale Care — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Skyscale Care

Hi,

I'm currently in the proccess of completing the Skyscale collection but I'm a bit stuck at the Skyscale care. From all the info I find you're suppose to be able to feed it 4 times daily and 1 day in Guild wars = 2 hours in real life. Currently it's about 8 hours since I last fed my hatchling but it still says it has eat all it can eat today.

Did I miss something? Or is it once a day in real life e.g. 24 hours? Or is it bugged?

Comments

  • Daily = once per daily reset, which happens at 0:00 UTC

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Calle.8746 said:
    Hi,

    I'm currently in the proccess of completing the Skyscale collection but I'm a bit stuck at the Skyscale care. From all the info I find you're suppose to be able to feed it 4 times daily and 1 day in Guild wars = 2 hours in real life. Currently it's about 8 hours since I last fed my hatchling but it still says it has eat all it can eat today.

    Did I miss something? Or is it once a day in real life e.g. 24 hours? Or is it bugged?

    Have you cleaned the skyscale babies nest?
    Have you entertained it a bit with the toys?

    The mood of your skyscale hatchling is mentioned on the right side. Pay attention to that.

  • @Kitich.4580 said:
    Daily = once per daily reset, which happens at 0:00 UTC

    Ah ok, that's probably the problem then :p ty

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019

    @Calle.8746 said:

    @Kitich.4580 said:
    Daily = once per daily reset, which happens at 0:00 UTC

    Ah ok, that's probably the problem then :p ty

    Nope you are correct that used to be daily reset but was changed have you tried what cyninja said?

  • @Linken.6345 said:

    @Calle.8746 said:

    @Kitich.4580 said:
    Daily = once per daily reset, which happens at 0:00 UTC

    Ah ok, that's probably the problem then :p ty

    Nope you are correct that used to be daily reset but was changed have you tried what cyninja said?

    No. Feeding the hatchling still has a reset-based timegate - 4 per real-world day (it was originally 3). What was reduced to 2 hours (a Tyrian day) is the time to wait between collections.

  • JUN YANG.4328JUN YANG.4328 Member ✭✭✭

    make sure the baby in joy mode. so you can feed 4 times per day. otherwise it only can feed 3 times.

  • Yeah I did have the hatchling joyful and clean and all that kitten but it still took like 8+ hours before I could feed it again after doing it 4 times. Not sure exactly how long cuz' eventually I got to bored of waiting and went to bed instead and finished it the next day. Got a feeling it's either bugged or it's 4 times/daily reset.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Calle.8746 said:
    Yeah I did have the hatchling joyful and clean and all that kitten but it still took like 8+ hours before I could feed it again after doing it 4 times. Not sure exactly how long cuz' eventually I got to bored of waiting and went to bed instead and finished it the next day. Got a feeling it's either bugged or it's 4 times/daily reset.

    It is actually both.

    The call was correct, the feeding daily was increased from 3 to 4 per day (full day). The collections were reduced to 2 hours (1 ingame day). At the same time, you have to get the hatchling into joyful mode to feed it. This step remains a 3 day timegate.

  • JUN YANG.4328JUN YANG.4328 Member ✭✭✭

    well these will take 3 days to finished. however if you feel bored of waiting just go to collect map currency. that is the most painful part. you dont have to get achievement done step by step. if you want to speed up. you need to be multi-tasking .