A contradicting Qol change

Nanners.9428

First of all, I'd like to say thanks to the unidentified items u implemented, its a very nice Qol improvement, but I find it actually contradicting itself: Before pof we had to deal with the annoying minor and rare sigil/runes from salvaging, now u kinda solved this issue by making them into unidentified bags .. BUT then u add ''affected by magic find bonus'' attached to them so we kinda waaaant to open them before salvage all... Anyone else feel the same?

Edit: So what u do now is not cleaning up inventory every now and then (which I rarely fill my inventory to full THAT often), u do it in bulk whenever u want, it is a great change ofc and with those magic find bonuses better loot as well, but this kinda contradicts the purpose of not opening just salvage all directly to avoid trashy runes/sigils because each time u hit 'inventory full' from opening u start salvaging and get cluttered with trashy sigils/runes still, they make ur inventory space less and less each opening and u still have to clean up those.A missing addition to this Qol change imo might be to treat minor/rare sigils and runes as 'junk' when vendoring.

Edit: It seems that I didn't explain myself well so I added a little more.

I never salvage. Ever.I didn't know about it affected by magic find bonus, but I saw no point in not opening all and whatever bleh you get in there, THEN you salvage.With it packed up like that, I have less worry on storage space (who am I kidding... all that karma crap... all that "Give this to this npc" crap... all that "you need 10 of these to make something for a collection crap... and so on" and when I'm on my own time, as I have yet to reach one to 250 yet thankfully, I go through them bit by bit and salvage what I need to salvage AFTER opening them all.

Hmm yea but if u open them before salvaging all, its like before pof again with lots of those useless sigil/runes coging up inventory (vendoring them sometimes can be tidious and they are not considered as junk), so why offer a solution and then add mf affect attached to not take advantage of this nice Qol change? :thinking:

@nanomidgy.9180 said:Hmm yea but if u open them before salvaging all, its like before pof again with lots of those useless sigil/runes coging up inventory (vendoring them sometimes can be tidious and they are not considered as junk), so why offer a solution and then add mf affect attached to not take advantage of this nice Qol change? :thinking:

Difference is you can do it once at a time than open one bag/chest and get like 8 of the junk at once to deal with.

@nanomidgy.9180 said:Hmm yea but if u open them before salvaging all, its like before pof again with lots of those useless sigil/runes coging up inventory (vendoring them sometimes can be tidious and they are not considered as junk), so why offer a solution and then add mf affect attached to not take advantage of this nice Qol change? :thinking:

Because the Unidentified items stack.

Before PoF your inventory would fill with equipment and you'd have to stop and sell/salvage it and then end up with a slightly smaller number of runes and sigils filling your inventory which needed a merchant to clear them.

Now you get far fewer equipment drops and instead get unidentified items which all stack with each other. So you can leave them stacked in your inventory, taking up at most 3 slots (if you have the fine, masterwork and rare versions) until you're in a town or otherwise ready to go through the whole process of clearing your inventory completely.

Yes you still need to open them and then sell or salvage and then sell the runes/sigils, but you can do it all in one go when it's convenient for you rather than having to stop in the middle of something because your inventory is full.

I'm happy with unidentified items for their stacking. Personally, I never salvage them, always open then salvage. And it's convenient being able to do it at your choosing.

But having said that, after salvaging everything you're still stuck with all the minor sigils/runes, just as you still are in the pre-PoF maps. They never actually solved that problem. There's still a need for some kind of button to sell them all to a vendor, or to treat them as junk or whatever.

@"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:I'm happy with unidentified items for their stacking. Personally, I never salvage them, always open then salvage. And it's convenient being able to do it at your choosing.

But having said that, after salvaging everything you're still stuck with all the minor sigils/runes, just as you still are in the pre-PoF maps. They never actually solved that problem. There's still a need for some kind of button to sell them all to a vendor, or to treat them as junk or whatever.

I think next to "Sell Junk," they should add a "Sell Minor Runes" button.

The Assassin of Rata SumProud Member of Wards of the Mists [WARD]

Here is another problem with this system. Like you have a stack of unid items, a nice little stack that keeps your bags clean. You want to identify and salvage it, cause (of course) more rare loot. You auto-unpack like 80 of them (so the gear takes almost all of your bags), click "salvage all fine/masterwork" and... you salvage the unid stack along with the identified gear. Otherwise you just spam-click through the gear as crazy pre-HoT style. Or go to town with to juggle the unid stack between your bags and the bank.So, basicly, if you want to salvage your gear quick and automatically, you just do what you did prior to PoF: salvage it all after 1-2 events. But now you are obliged to do one more action, the gear identification. And your bags are still cluttered with trashy runes. So, what was the point of that unid gear? For me it is more of a headache than a convinience.

@Ider.1276 said:But now you are obliged to do one more action, the gear identification. And your bags are still cluttered with trashy runes. So, what was the point of that unid gear? For me it is more of a headache than a convinience.

The difference is you're not required to identify that gear, you can instead just salvage the lot. You can choose to skip the headache, which I greatly appreciate. Also, you don't run into issues with bag space now until after you're done doing whatever you were doing, as opposed to running out of room while you're out and about and having to stop what you're doing to clear some space. On top of all that you can even improve your chances at rares/exotics by stacking as much Magic Find as you're able. It's a huge improvement over what we dealt with in HoT.

I don't mind the system as-is, but if possible there are some improvements I'd like:

1. An option to exclude unid gear when bulk salvaging - I always id but sometimes it's hard to spot amongst other gear and gets salvaged accidentally.

2. Maybe some better highlight to help identify (pun not intended) the unidentified gear amongst all your other gear, so you can do what you want with it first.

3. For that matter, a better highlight of the "double-click to consume" collection items that give karma. Or some way to bulk consume these kinds of items, as they only have one purpose.

You know there is unid gear unlike in the beta when it was new. You get a few of them (at least 1 of each of the 3 types of rarity). Place one of each in your invisible bag(s). While you adventure the unid gear stacks in that invisible bag. When in town, you id all but one of each type of rarity and the problem is solved. Salvage all the id'd items. Space was saved during your time away from the city while not salvaging them all.

Invisible bags are there for a reason, use them.

@Bunter.3795 said:You know there is unid gear unlike in the beta when it was new. You get a few of them (at least 1 of each of the 3 types of rarity). Place one of each in your invisible bag(s). While you adventure the unid gear stacks in that invisible bag. When in town, you id all but one of each type of rarity and the problem is solved. Salvage all the id'd items. Space was saved during your time away from the city while not salvaging them all.

Invisible bags are there for a reason, use them.

Are you responding to me? That's actually not a bad idea - using the invisible bag for the unid gear. Thanks. I'll try that.Still wish there was a solution for the karma items and for selling the minor sigils/runes in bulk though.

The Unidentified Item system is a QoL bomb that destroys the previous QoL additions they've done. I'm forced to identify the items because they have a chance to give higher rarities including Specialization collection items that can not be obtained elsewhere. Normal fodder weapons and armor still drop in PoF and I cannot use "Salvage All" anymore because it will salvage the Unidentified Items that I'm forced to hold on to and open when I stack Magic Find. This removes any QoL aspect to this system as it doesn't exist to help reduce inventory clutter, it actually creates more clutter and more clicking because I have to manually salvage items again all the time. I do not enjoy it at all and am pretty disappointed.

''...You just do what you did prior to PoF: salvage it all after 1-2 events. But now you are obliged to do one more action, the gear identification. And your bags are still cluttered with trashy runes. So, what was the point of that unid gear?''

My point exactly.

Only that u now open those mf bonus bags like u do with DS cashes or the ones u open with a lvl 50 toon in bulk, but everytime u hit 'inventory full' while opening, u start salvaging and get cog'd up with trash runes/sigil again, it will make ur inventory space less and less each time u salvage so u still have to clean up those. I havent really filled up my inventory to full from looting THAT often to make use of unindentified items, its ofc a great implement nonetheleas but a better solution imo might be to treat minor/rare sigils/runes as 'junk' when vendoring.

@Ider.1276 said:Here is another problem with this system. Like you have a stack of unid items, a nice little stack that keeps your bags clean. You want to identify and salvage it, cause (of course) more rare loot. You auto-unpack like 80 of them (so the gear takes almost all of your bags), click "salvage all fine/masterwork" and... you salvage the unid stack along with the identified gear. Otherwise you just spam-click through the gear as crazy pre-HoT style. Or go to town with to juggle the unid stack between your bags and the bank.So, basicly, if you want to salvage your gear quick and automatically, you just do what you did prior to PoF: salvage it all after 1-2 events. But now you are obliged to do one more action, the gear identification. And your bags are still cluttered with trashy runes. So, what was the point of that unid gear? For me it is more of a headache than a convinience.

Get yourself an invisible bag!

@vinterberg.2783 said:

@Ider.1276 said:Here is another problem with this system. Like you have a stack of unid items, a nice little stack that keeps your bags clean. You want to identify and salvage it, cause (of course) more rare loot. You auto-unpack like 80 of them (so the gear takes almost all of your bags), click "salvage all fine/masterwork" and... you salvage the unid stack along with the identified gear. Otherwise you just spam-click through the gear as crazy pre-HoT style. Or go to town with to juggle the unid stack between your bags and the bank.So, basicly, if you want to salvage your gear quick and automatically, you just do what you did prior to PoF: salvage it all after 1-2 events. But now you are obliged to do one more action, the gear identification. And your bags are still cluttered with trashy runes. So, what was the point of that unid gear? For me it is more of a headache than a convinience.

Get yourself an invisible bag!

I don't feel like trading 1 qol with another, thank you.

@Doggie.3184 said:The Unidentified Item system is a QoL bomb that destroys the previous QoL additions they've done. I'm forced to identify the items because they have a chance to give higher rarities including Specialization collection items that can not be obtained elsewhere. Normal fodder weapons and armor still drop in PoF and I cannot use "Salvage All" anymore because it will salvage the Unidentified Items that I'm forced to hold on to and open when I stack Magic Find. This removes any QoL aspect to this system as it doesn't exist to help reduce inventory clutter, it actually creates more clutter and more clicking because I have to manually salvage items again all the time. I do not enjoy it at all and am pretty disappointed.

You can get specialization collection items with the TP

Archived