Halloween Queries

The main thing i love about Halloween is not so much the loot, or the gold farm, its the story around it, and iv started to realize that the mad king voice lines that i used to love so much are now kinda annoying, and its cos both the mad king and the bloody prince havnt had updated voice lines in years, and i miss how much i cringed at the mad kings awful puns, and i love hearing the king and prince argue with each other, so please Anet, have some fun with those guys and go to town on the dialogue, spending hours if not days in the lab gets tedious, and hearing the mad king surprisingly keeps me sane, also a little bit miffed that the new weapon set added to the ToT bags is just a reskin of the AC weapons, maybe make those weapons more common in the drops plz.

@"Zarghoul.5687" said:The main thing i love about Halloween is not so much the loot, or the gold farm, its the story around it, and iv started to realize that the mad king voice lines that i used to love so much are now kinda annoying, and its cos both the mad king and the bloody prince havnt had updated voice lines in years, and i miss how much i cringed at the mad kings awful puns, and i love hearing the king and prince argue with each other, so please Anet, have some fun with those guys and go to town on the dialogue, spending hours if not days in the lab gets tedious, and hearing the mad king surprisingly keeps me sane, also a little bit miffed that the new weapon set added to the ToT bags is just a reskin of the AC weapons, maybe make those weapons more common in the drops plz.

But then comes the catch 22. Most festivals are getting their events locked in, because they're afraid adding every year will overwhelm new players and trigger FOMO fits. Its already a visible problem with new players complaining about there being "TOO MUCH" to do in order to get the achievements cleared, despite the fact that its now set up to be reasonably worked at over multiple years. Vet may not like that, because "they already did old stuff and want new stuff".... but thats the reality of our culture right now. Adding stuff creates a gap that new players consider hostile, or not adding stuff to let the gap close that Vets complain about lack of novelty.

But what both sides in common is the sheer amount of incessant whining about rewards being gated, but typically won't participate in any activities unless there a reward to directly entice them into it.