Would you pay a premium for account wide gear template tabs?

Jthug.9506

Was actually looking forward to the poll. Unfortunately, I'm abstaining from voting in this one, as the actual options seem kinda unfairly presented. It's the extremes of each end of the argument, and a "huh?" option. Just comes off as passive aggressive--and not even from a particular standpoint, just in general.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I feel like if this wasn't the right answer you wouldn't have worked so hard to keep me from picking it ;)

lmao, true. It's funny how people pretend they want to see other players' opinions and then fill the polls with those biased or straight up insulting answers.

I’m sorry you feel that way. I was actually sincerely asking. My reasoning on the first option is that there are something like 17 gear slots per build and shared inventory slots are 700 gems each. I think option 2 is pretty standard fare for players. And option 3 was meant to be a little bit funny, but seriously I bet most people who play gw2 truly don’t know.

The entire concept of how the classes use gear is antithetical to account-wide gear templates as a concept. Gear templates only save ONE state of gear configurations. With armor divided up into 3 weight classes, and what weapon/sigil combinations builds use, makes that specific combination unlikely to be applicable across more then one class. And the whole point of having gear templates is to get around the need to roll multiple characters of the same class for QOL reasons.

The entire design of the game was never in a position to make recycling equipment "convenient". Because the intended build diversity makes the odds that multiple builds having the exact same combination of armor weight, gear stats, weapons, runes and sigils, expected to be incredibly rare. And the one case where this might practically happen (Zerks Scholar Force) is clear sign that something is wrong with the game balance...... and further lends toward the pointlessness of gear templates, if everything uses identical loadouts.

@"starlinvf.1358" said:The entire concept of how the classes use gear is antithetical to account-wide gear templates as a concept. Gear templates only save ONE state of gear configurations. With armor divided up into 3 weight classes, and what weapon/sigil combinations builds use, makes that specific combination unlikely to be applicable across more then one class. And the whole point of having gear templates is to get around the need to roll multiple characters of the same class for QOL reasons.

The entire design of the game was never in a position to make recycling equipment "convenient". Because the intended build diversity makes the odds that multiple builds having the exact same combination of armor weight, gear stats, weapons, runes and sigils, expected to be incredibly rare. And the one case where this might practically happen (Zerks Scholar Force) is clear sign that something is wrong with the game balance...... and further lends toward the pointlessness of gear templates, if everything uses identical loadouts.

Yeah but legendary gear exists, in all armor weight classes, weapon types, and nearly all the trinkets, as well as runes and sigils. It sure would be nice to be able to use those items on every character without destroying every gear template every time you swap those items to another character don't you think?

10k gems? ... your poll isn't helpful as it doesn't state how many templates 10k gems buys.

I wouldn't spend 125€ on templates tho .

This is pointless anyway. Anet said in their stream that its just not possible in the code for one character to access another characters equiped armor.

It would buy one, but being an account wide template it would appear across all characters. My reasoning is based on the price of shared inventory slots being 700 gems each and the fact there are as many as 17 items that could be shared in a single gear loadout. Sorry for the confusion.

@Jthug.9506 said:Also I know what they said on the stream about that, but obviously it CAN be done with clever coding, just like shared inventory slots are a thing.

shared inventory slots aren't equipped. the items are essentially in a bank tab you carry around.

You can't price an account gear tab based on inventory slits3 that can hold a range of items

I'm sorry you don't have the option: " NO, I will not pay for a "feature" limiting the freedom I already have and NO, I won't buy more character slots to avoid using that "feature". With other words, if the implementation is as per devs. initial statement, I won't buy anything related with build templates. The shared invetory slots I will buy will be used for other purposes.