Arcane/Water Support Tempest stats

TarkaTarquol.4856

So, Weaver didn't do much for me. It's a nice gimmick, powerful, for sure; but I just don't find it that fun. So switching my Elementalist from damage to support is my next goal, and the Arcane/Water support is just what I'm looking at. However, for gear, I'm not sure which stats I should aim for. Magi's with Monk runes seems to be the obvious choice (it's what my Druid uses), but I'm fairly often wrong on this. Just some confirmation would be appreciated.

There's also that Marshal's stat set with PoF -- does anyone have any info on whether that's better than Magi's? (For those who don't know, Marshal's is Quad stat Power/Heal, Prec/Condi)

Full minstrels with aura share Water/Earth/Tempest is the "typical" WvW Tempest heal-bot. You go earth for the protection on aura application. The reduced earth cooldown is also helpful to reapply the earth aura 20% faster. Monk runes are desired, water if you don't have enough dungeon tokens to get monk.

If you don't want to invest in two sets of gear, then you can mix cleric with minstrels to get some power. Pure celestial does everything, just not very well.

@TarkaTarquol.4856 said:Considering the pain it is for crafting Minstrel gear, what's a good fallback? Also should probably clarify I'm not going much WvW with this. Mostly open world/fractal/raids.

I would still recommend Minstrel, because of the dual-purpose it can serve. The D/F auramancer with Water/Earth/Tempest is a good support, as in addition to healing it provides a good uptime of Protection (with increased efficiency, too). If you're absolutely sure you won't be doing it, then you can simply pick Magi and use Water/Arcane/Tempest with a staff. Adding offensive stats seems quite pointless to me, as with a staff you'll want to mostly stay in Water and your damage will be next to nothing. If anything, you can consider throwing in some condi damage (for example with Apothecary stats) for an auramancer, but then you'll be losing on boon duration and protection uptime. Minstrel would just be good for both builds.

@Feanor.2358 said:Update: Harrier (Power, Heal, Concentration) seems good for a heal ele.

So the thing about healing power or healing builds you tend to need healing power boon duration and out going heal to make them worth runing this stacks better with condi dmg. As power alone cant do high enofe dmg to make it worth it you will find condi healing builds far better or the pure healing builds. Its an odd set that good for filling in but your never going to see a pure version of it. I would not mind seeing a main healing off power / armor set but even that will not be enofe for that magic healing power dmg build.

Weaver has some cool tricks for support but they are nothing compared to the amount of support tempest has as well as getting to your 3 skills faster then weaver ever could such as water 3 staff a key support skill for staff ele or water 5 even. It comes down to to this weaver has 2 more reg skills and a bit faster swaps tempest has shouts aura heals and better boons there just no contest of 2 skills that have support aimed on weaver and the 6 skill on tempest with 3ish passive effects that add to your support skills and effects.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Celestial with Monk or water runes (can Be durability toi for boonduration and selfsustain). This way you dont hit like a grass but you can still heal and support.

Nah, your damage is still kitten, but in addition your support is the same.

Its not that Bad actually. You can pretty much outheal coming big hits with swapping to earth(protection) and wash The pain away and ur sustain heals are almost as good as in full healing gear. Ur dmg is not great, but ur hybrid dmg isnt that terrible either.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Celestial with Monk or water runes (can Be durability toi for boonduration and selfsustain). This way you dont hit like a grass but you can still heal and support.

Nah, your damage is still kitten, but in addition your support is the same.

Its not that Bad actually. You can pretty much outheal coming big hits with swapping to earth(protection) and wash The pain away and ur sustain heals are almost as good as in full healing gear. Ur dmg is not great, but ur hybrid dmg isnt that terrible either.

Sure, the heals will not be that bad by themselves, as ele heals do not scale very well with healing power. However, you'll be investing a lot into offensive attributes which would make no impact at all. Going into water/earth ruins your damage output regardless of the gear you wear. In the case of Arcane/Water/Tempest staff build, you actually want to spend as much time as possible in Water, so your damage will be even lower. Better get actually supportive stats instead. Cele just lets you do a lot of stuff equally bad.

You are kinda right on there. Cele would Be IMO better for water/earth/tempest because you need to do those overloads for protection and healing, therefore that extra dmg in stacks isnt that bad. In case of full healer ele water/arcane/tempest cele isnt that good coz you are mostly camping water like you Said and your heals comes from Dodge,water 1 3 5 and overload water.

It depends on content so much is cele good or not. T4 fractals with cele? No Ty :DBut lets Look at this way, you in lets say AC dungeon with party of 35-50lvl and you want to help them out, cele isnt that Bad anymore.

@Feanor.2358 said:And why would you have a separate gear set for helping 35-50 lvl parties? :lol:

I think no1 has :D personally ill run zerker 90% of The Time. However i have ascended celestial Gear with durability runes for wvw roaming trolling :D and sir/madam ill promise you its lot of fun :D

Time to Time ill use them If i need to Carry some friends or something.

• 4 months later...

I'm reviving this because I'm a fool who can't figure out stuff for himself. Since the time of the start of this whole post, I've eaten my words and actually have attained full ascended Minstrel's. Thing is, I'm running into a slight issue where if I want to Raid with this build, where Auramancer is useful, some of those bosses have Toughness tanks that I'm threatening with all that I've got.

My question is this: I'm for sure keeping the armour Minstrels. Having that amount of Toughnesss shouldn't outdo a full Chronotank in that regard, but what about my Trinkets? Should I go with Magi's as the backup default, Harrier's for the Concentration for Prot and Regen, or actually say screw it and go hybrid with Zerker trinks?

• 1 month later...

@"TarkaTarquol.4856" said:I'm reviving this because I'm a fool who can't figure out stuff for himself. Since the time of the start of this whole post, I've eaten my words and actually have attained full ascended Minstrel's. Thing is, I'm running into a slight issue where if I want to Raid with this build, where Auramancer is useful, some of those bosses have Toughness tanks that I'm threatening with all that I've got.

My question is this: I'm for sure keeping the armour Minstrels. Having that amount of Toughnesss shouldn't outdo a full Chronotank in that regard, but what about my Trinkets? Should I go with Magi's as the backup default, Harrier's for the Concentration for Prot and Regen, or actually say screw it and go hybrid with Zerker trinks?

This is very late but I'll answer anyways for any onlookers. By some great coincidence, it seems that the bosses which do a ton of damage and merit the use of an auramancer do not have the toughness aggro mechanic. Raid fights where an auramancer are needed include mainly Mathias and Soulless Horror. Out of all the raid bosses, only 5 use the "highest toughness" mechanic for determining aggro: VG, Gorseval, KC, Xera and Deimos. In these fights, auramancers are rarely if ever used.

So, this is very good news. Why? Because you can have as much toughness as you want on your auramancer and not need to worry about pulling aggro from the tank on the fights where you'll be needed. If you decide that you'll be putting boons on the raid (mostly regen and protection) then the way I see it you have two choices:

Full Minstrel Build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XC9XiVYCuMAcYilXAroCcAeAEDgAwP0dqeV/qA-jhxGQB0T9HAcBAmoSQy9AAdADZ/BCq8jUA+NzC-e1400 Toughness Build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XC9XiVYCuMAcYilXAroCcAeAEDgAwP0dqeV/qA-jxxGABtpDAPlgDt/A9q/UryPyfAAAcBAIFgfzsA-e

The 1400 toughness build exists just in case there will ever be a time that you are called to a raid with a toughness mechanic, maybe for challenge mode difficulty or whatever. As a general rule, chronotanks always take higher than 1400 toughness so anyone with 1400 toughness or less is safe and won't need to worry about pulling aggro in a fight with a toughness aggro mechanic. I recomend that you bring two sets of trinkets (magi and minstrel) to have both options.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@caveman.5840 said:i find weaver extremely fun I just cant find a way to deal with all the conditions

Arcane/Water/Weaver. Boon. Easy Anti conditions.

Its ok and dose i think the most clear in the game on ele over time just no burst clear like tempest has. I must say i love monsoon on staff water air the clear on that thing alone is very strong.

Sadly you give up a lot of healing to run weaver over tempest as well i am not sure if its worth it or not.

Archived