Help! Fast Viper's Jewelry Acquisition??

nosleepdemon.1368

What's the best way to acquire Viper's jewelry?

I think it's only purchaseable from LS3 vendors in which case, I need about 20k unbound magic (the fragments I can just get with karma, I have a lot of karma). I have 4k UM from just rushing through the LS3 missions and taking part in events whenever I happen to run into them, but 16k to go seems like a lot without any sort of strategy.

I'm going for a Rev condi build, and I think Viper's stats is best in slot for that?

Either the LS3 maps, Raid rewards, or from sPvP. I currently have one Blood Ruby ring (Bloodstone Fen), a Malicious VG ring, Mordrem Loop (got from doing all HoT Part 4 achievements), Ad Infinitum, a Sparkling Petrified wood (Ember Bay), and a Mist Talisman(sPvP)

You can make Exotic Viper's accessories with a Jeweler if you want something to tide you over until you can get the Ascended versions.

EDIT: WvW also lets you get the Mist Trinkets

You should purchase the Unbound magic harvesting tools, available from various vendors in LS3, and use your guild's gathering bonus. As you go around the map, harvest anything you can. Also, do the bloodstone fen dailies: unbound magic gatherer and aerial skills.Then you can always gather the berries in Bitterfrost and eat them. That's supposed to be a really good source of unbound magic.I can't comment on the build question.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

Mix and match LW Season 3 aquisition via different maps for fastest result. Winterberrys can be farmed with multiple characters per day (buy the teleport scroll to Bitterfrost and teleport each character you have there). You make around 1.7-1.8k per character running through the winterberry forest.

@meeflak.9714 said:You didn't put what game mode you play mostly, but if you raid you can just craft the exotic set of trinkets and buy the ascended over time with mag shards. Really unless you need them for AR the exotic set will hold up just fine

Ah poop, I did forget that. It's for fractals so I do need the AR. If I do raiding though I will bear this in mind, cheers.

@Cyninja.2954 said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

Mix and match LW Season 3 aquisition via different maps for fastest result. Winterberrys can be farmed with multiple characters per day (buy the teleport scroll to Bitterfrost and teleport each character you have there). You make around 1.7-1.8k per character running through the winterberry forest.

Brilliant, I'll send my alts on a winter vacation. This will do nicely; sounds like with a couple of alts doing this I'll have the trinkets in a few weeks, thanks!

So I tried farming berries on my main and three alts, with raptor maxed out obviously. My first observation is that recompleting hearts to buy unbound harvesting tools is simply cancer. My second observation is that this is indeed a rather fast method. I think I got around 4k UM with my characters, it's hard to tell since I had some berries in the bank. Seems like the acquisition time for a full set of ascended amulet stats is 1-2 weeks of rather casual play.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:So I tried farming berries on my main and three alts, with raptor maxed out obviously. My first observation is that recompleting hearts to buy unbound harvesting tools is simply cancer. My second observation is that this is indeed a rather fast method. I think I got around 4k UM with my characters, it's hard to tell since I had some berries in the bank. Seems like the acquisition time for a full set of ascended amulet stats is 1-2 weeks of rather casual play.

You only need one completed heart event, then you simply stack up on harvesting tools with each character that decided to go on winter vacation.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:So I tried farming berries on my main and three alts, with raptor maxed out obviously. My first observation is that recompleting hearts to buy unbound harvesting tools is simply cancer. My second observation is that this is indeed a rather fast method. I think I got around 4k UM with my characters, it's hard to tell since I had some berries in the bank. Seems like the acquisition time for a full set of ascended amulet stats is 1-2 weeks of rather casual play.

The heart that's NE of the central waypoint is very fast to complete. Trolls and wolves count towards filling it, and some of the ice formations near the berry nodes bring up a "destroy" option when you stand beside them which also fills the heart. That heart literally can be completed in less than 5 minutes, and you'll complete a chunk of it while you're gathering berries anyway. That heart NPC (a Kodak) sells the gathering tools.

(Once upon a time the spiders gave XP/karma and counted towards the heart, but botters gonna bot so that went away :'( )

Archived