The PoF title screen..

Can we please get rid of it already ? A significant portion of the player base didn't like it to begin with even during the PoF beta preview, yet despite alot of negative feedback ArenaNet not only put it in PoF release, but also all of LS4, and now apparently in LS5.

Its very dark and the music is quiet and slow, like ambient map music. Its like logging into the game to go to sleep. Which is in sharp contrast to how epic GW2 always was, with its heart-pounding soundtracks, y'all even recently made remixes of the original GW2 theme that could be used instead.

I know this seems like pointless whining but I want it to feel like logging into Guild Wars 2! again. HoT title was amasing !

I wish we could change it to the original login screen. Overture is honestly the best login music as it gets you so hyped up to play the game. It's also the only variant that changes its score at all when you go into character creation. There's just something about the Lornar's Pass ost that makes the process so magical.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Can we please get rid of it already ? A significant portion of the player base didn't like it to begin with even during the PoF beta preview, yet despite alot of negative feedback ArenaNet not only put it in PoF release, but also all of LS4, and now apparently in LS5.

Its very dark and the music is quiet and slow, like ambient map music. Its like logging into the game to go to sleep. Which is in sharp contrast to how epic GW2 always was, with its heart-pounding soundtracks, y'all even recently made remixes of the original GW2 theme that could be used instead.

I know this seems like pointless whining but I want it to feel like logging into Guild Wars 2! again. HoT title was amasing !

Consider that Grothmar Valley is somehow part of the desert(don't ask me) I can see why they kept the PoF title screen, however, I would imagine that it might possibly change when we actually get in to the Far Shiverpeaks, but don't expect it to get any lighter. I would expect it to get even darker in tone based on what ArenaNet has stated the tone of Icebrood Saga is...and I have music lowered anyways so no comment on that part.

This is reminiscent of how people generally preferred the Factions login screen in GW1 over anything that came later. It was never addressed, though.

The login screen changes with expansion releases. It was so in GW1 with its campaigns and then Eye of the North and it is so in GW2 with HoT and PoF. I much preferred HoT's character screen and music, but it is unlikely to be changed back.

I'd say that the next time it changes will be with a next expansion but since it's uncertain if we ever get one at this point, they might just do it with a LW season launch.

Seems like not that long ago that there was a similar topic, but anyways, I'll just drop in once more to agree and say that I have disliked the PoF screen as long as PoF exists. In a game where much is about customization and looks, why do we have to look at the same login/char selection screen every day for year(s) :(And its not just when starting the game, many go back to char selection when taking a break. Some non-desolate desert-y options would be so nice.

I so miss the previous title screens. PoF's has never been to my liking.Overall the title screen should be reworked with some QoL stuff, like being able to sort characters and increasing the limit of how many are shown or such.

I really do hope that the "it's too hard / impossible to change" is just a bad excuse, because it would be much worse if it were programmed in such a horrible way that it isn't changable "easily". While I'm not a game designer, I do work in software development...things like this, on one hand, boggle my mind ... on the other they don't surprise me as much as they should.

I despise its orange light spots with the facial shadows they create and the general orange-purple theme, also the covered feet. You can't take decent character screenshots because of this as their faces look grim in that lighting and the colors are all off. Awful.

Please get rid of it already. We have endured it for long enough.

@"Jura.2170" said:I'd love if we could choose our character select screen

Gaile talked a bit about it too

iKHwA0l.png

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61742/character-selection-screen-background-music-option-to-choose

What utterly blows my mind is that this was a constant request in GW1 (probably much of what Gaile is refering to, actually) - especially during the "sunset years" waiting for GW2 - and yet they didn't design the GW2 character select screen to be easier to accomplish this!?!

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:im software developer for 20yrs++ i cant believe someone saying a simple back screen+music is "hard to change" or something hard to give a option to customize.

At this point I just assume their coding is so kittened up that it wouldn't be feasible. I heard that they can't simply change values for traits and instead have to completely rebuild them if they were to change something.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:im software developer for 20yrs++ i cant believe someone saying a simple back screen+music is "hard to change" or something hard to give a option to customize.

At this point I just assume their coding is so kittened up that it wouldn't be feasible. I heard that they can't simply change values for traits and instead have to completely rebuild them if they were to change something.

If they can make Fractals, which pretty much replaced dungeons, they can make a new system to replace the old character select screen. And literally Fractals has far more programming and coding involved in it than a simple character select screen would.

! iKHwA0l.pngWow! I don't believe in it :/ There are games such as TESO Oblivion, MGR Revengeance they have LEGENDARY soundtracks! That's the moment when you entered the game just to listen music.And here in GW2 i'm playing HoT maps, i'm sticking with meta for an hour because of music, you have that right atmosphere there in jungle! Just listen how char story begins, how human story begins. Prove me wrong if it is not inspiring you to play further with your choice(race). Yet you have boring character screen music.I think you just need to record one fancy audiotrack, or couple, for core/pof/hot locations or for each race/class. It's an advice for devs, that could make a difference.Another example: you are making stream, people can forgive you some sort of outfit fails, some lighting or camera issues, but if your micro sounds like bucket, there is NO for a viewer, coz it's hurt. I hope you'll get my point.