Should Legendary bounties and World Bosses grant a guaranteed unidentified exotic item?

@Aurelian Omenkind.2470 said:Exotics are still useful for people who haven’t leveled their crafting high enough to make ascended gear. Or they’re like me and constantly too poor to buy mats for crafting all the ascended gear they want for all the toons on their account.They are also needed for forging precursors in mystic forge. Does not change the fact that exotics lost a lot of value lately because we are getting drowned in them.

No, I think that would tank them too much, all you would have to do is show up, and boom, exotic.

You already have a high chance to get a couple exotics if you open up a stack of green unidentified.

This is already a huge bonus compared to how often we got exotic drops back in the day.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I remember...back in the day...when Rares were somewhat coveted; then we were given a guaranteed Rare from World Bosses, and such.Now? Well, they aren't much valued, anymore, are they?

I highly doubt that rares are worthless because you get them from world bosses. Its much more likely due to exotics being so easy to acquire and being such an upgrade over rares, not to mention that ascended is at its easiest to get post HoT (idk how cheap it was preHoT) as well.

No, I don't think guaranteed exotics but bounties & legendaries should however drop ascended ingredients like dragonite, empereal fragments & bloodstone. I don't feel there is enough there and still find myself going to the HoT maps or WvW when I need ascended stuff. (I know legendaries drop dragonite, but HoT maps & WvW still give better amounts imo)

@Malediktus.9250 said:They are also needed for forging precursors in mystic forge. Does not change the fact that exotics lost a lot of value lately because we are getting drowned in them.

You might be. I certainly am not. With account MF at 151, I still only see the occasional rares. I very rarely (like, “BL chest” rare) get exos from drops or MF affected loot bags.

Archived