Old weapon reskins and the day/night cycle.

Harper.4173

First of all this is not a salty post - I absolutely love the new Royal Flame Weapons - a reskin of the Royal Ascalonian Weapons - that were introduced with this Halloween.My question has to do with something a bit more specific - if Anet is okay with giving us reskins of old weapons, would it be possible to get different skins for day/night cycle weapons? Or maybe a toggle to keep them in one state or another.

I've been asking for this periodically ever since release, as I love the look of the Ascalonian Weapons during the day but am not very fond of the blue color they get at night since that blue doesn't go well with the look I've created for my main. To me that's a real shame because the Royal Ascalonian Greatsword is without a doubt my favorite greatsword in the game.There are some other weapons (like Eternity or Shahrur) that change with the day/night cycle as well, and in their case as well I feel giving players an option to choose which skin they want to wear at all times would be a massive quality of life improvement.

If a toggle cannot be technically implemented would it be difficult to just give us two more separate sets of skins?-the day skin, the night skin, the "normal" skin we have now. I feel this could be a reasonable compromise given the fact that we already have something like it in the game:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Luminous_Heavy_Warhelm_SkinUnlocks two skins, a battle ready version with the visor closed, and the parade version with the visor open.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Luminous_Heavy_Warhelm_(Battle_Ready)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Luminous_Heavy_Warhelm_(Parade)

And yes, I do realize that only very few people care about this but I do not think it would be terribly hard to implement.Would it be that hard to realize? Would others want to see these features added?

Some skins DO have 2 versions given, but many of those (as rare as they are) are a side effect of them already having 2 assets from production for other reasons. The Day/Night skins are a unique feature to those items. And I highly doubt they'll do what your asking, given its the reason they were created in the first place.

Well, a lot of systems were initially created with some purpose in mind and then changed in order to improve player quality of life.I'm not asking for the system to be scrapped, I'm just asking for something to be added. The full functionality of it can remain in place, just give those of us that want a workaround something to work with.Still, it's been almost 7 years since I first brought this up and as you've said, I have little hope. It is possible that the code is just jumbled that they can't do it. Or can't spare the resources. One can still hope, right?

I would love them to do this. I'd have loved it more six years ago, I admit, newer skins look better to me in terms of realistic weapons so I don't know that I'd want the non-blue AC weapons these days. But I certainly don't want the blue ones! I think it'd be nice to multi-skin them. And hopefully not super hard.