Forum Bug

I just posted this in another thread but thought it my be something others were experiencing.

Ok, there is something weird happening.I just logged in on another computer upstairs....went to official forums and when I logged into my account and it said:You currently do not have access to your Guild Wars 2 Forum account because your game account was suspended. You will be able to participate in the forums once your game suspension has expired.

So, i came back downstairs...logged into game to see if it was actually suspended. It wasn't.Logged into forum here and clearly there is no longer a problem.

What is going on?

p.s. I have never been suspended from the game. No 3rd party apps

Anyone else experience this?

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:It happens when you experience a forum suspension.. the message is as ever a tad confusing, but it boils down to forum moderation limiting forum access not your game access like the message alludes to.

Yeah, I have had a temp forum suspension too but it was different.This was an entire screen vs a notification and I can still make threads.

I see, thanks @Just a flesh wound.3589

I don't feel so dirty anymore.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Yeah, it’s very..... surprising... the first time. lolThe first time it happened I logged into the game, nothing. Tried the forum again. Nothing. Then it happened a couple more time. Reported it a few months ago. No one ever answered my ticket so i figured it was a forum bug. /shrug.

Maybe.. considering the forums are a mess in terms of login issues, blank pages, broken links etc (and have been for a while) if using certain browsers.. then it normally comes down to something Vanilla have been doing.

@Trise.2865 said:Hi.Forum bans are not game bans.

The message I got said it’s a game ban that blocked me from accessing the forum

Forum Account SuspendedYou currently do not have access to your Guild Wars 2 Forum account because your game account was suspended. You will be able to participate in the forums once your game suspension has expired.You may inquire about the status of your game account by submitting a ticket through this web page.

Except there are no actual suspensions with this bug. You can still log in to the game and the forum as usual.

Edit: I made a ticket and asked about it. That was 7 months ago and the ticket is still open and unanswered, so I guess they don’t have an answer either. lol. (Ticket number 7295144)