No CD on Beastmode

Lionwait.4815

I feel that beast mode should clear its CD when switching pets. Is this a pipe dream or can it be reality? I ask this because the whole beast mode feels clunky. I find it common to start a fight in beast mode not out of beast mode. This makes the trait "Unstoppable Union" pointless for a break stun. Sure the unblockable aspect can be a bit powerful if this change comes in to effect. I say get rid of that whole unblockable nonsense if that were the case. I really don't care about "Unstoppable Union" Its the beast mode CD that is redundant. Hell just make us switch pets in the mode itself. or shorten the CD to 4 seconds. Shortening the CD to 4 seconds makes the most sense where the other 2 points can be a bit to powerful in some ways.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:What they should do:

1) Reduce the Beastmode cool down to 5seconds. Have it start when you go into Beastmode2) Add pet swap option in Beastmode. Have it share a cool down inside and outside Beastmode3) adjust the traits and give them cool downs.

This. Especially 2&3.It would give so much more flow and use of the second pet.

One of the powerful abilities we've received with Soulbeast is that we can instantly full-heal our dead pets by merging. Getting rid of the cool down, or even reducing it, will make this stupidly overpowered... so yeah, doubt it. I wouldn't want to get a change to the cooldown if it meant sacrificing this.

@Hawken.7932 said:One of the powerful abilities we've received with Soulbeast is that we can instantly full-heal our dead pets by merging. Getting rid of the cool down, or even reducing it, will make this stupidly overpowered... so yeah, doubt it. I wouldn't want to get a change to the cooldown if it meant sacrificing this.

I agree with not wanting to drop this and I don't think it will since that's one of the very strong things about this elite spec, and that should remain. I don't agree that a shorter cd would make it stupidly OP, that would depend on what the new cd would be.At least let the cd start when you enter beastmode and not like it is now - 12 seconds (2 seconds while you enter + another 10 seconds when you exit).

In general, award going in/out of beastmode more. Speaking only of the first three minors for example, let Fresh Reinforcement work both ways, let Live Fast grant fury and quickness to pets when using their F2s (icd may be needed or balance some F2s with longer cooldowns) and let Unstoppable Union grant pet unblockable attacks when exiting beastmode.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

1) Reduce the Beastmode cool down to 5seconds. Have it start when you go into Beastmode2) Add pet swap option in Beastmode. Have it share a cool down inside and outside Beastmode3) adjust the traits and give them cool downs.

Wouldn't fix the fact most beast skill and soulbeast adept and master traits are terrible, as is Twice as Vicious. Or the incredibly underpowered stances outside bear stance.

Or the fact that skills like Wordly Impact won't hit any moving target any more than Hilt Bash does to this day. Or that Bite does less damage on you merged than when the pet does it, etc.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Wouldn't fix the fact most beast skill and soulbeast adept and master traits are terrible, as is Twice as Vicious. Or the incredibly underpowered stances outside bear stance.

Or the fact that skills like Wordly Impact won't hit any moving target any more than Hilt Bash does to this day. Or that Bite does less damage on you merged than when the pet does it, etc.

Dolyak stance is also pretty good. Stunbreak and stab on 30 second cooldown is nice. Other than that, agree with everything you said.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

This are all balance issues and bugs you are adressing. Beastly warden and live fast should trigger at the beginning of the skills. And the bugs should be fixed.The problem that vothers people the most is the lack of flexability Soulbeast gives and thus the mechanic change is more important than the pure balance and bugs which will be addressed in the future for sure.

Archived