Mad King's Lab Northwestern Waypoint — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Mad King's Lab Northwestern Waypoint

Any idea how to unlock it?
It always teleports me to the northeastern one when joining the map. And I don't have mounts to fly there.

Comments

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2019

I think specific colored doors ported you there from the open world.

Edit: Just checked and it looks like I remembered correctly

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_King's_Labyrinth#Getting_there

• @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I think specific colored doors ported you there from the open world.

Edit: Just checked and it looks like I remembered correctly

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_King's_Labyrinth#Getting_there

Anomaly: Haunted Doors in the decorated festival areas outside of each race's capital city will send you to the northwestern waypoint, despite having the appearance of Mad King Door.

Thanks, used one outside of Rata Sum and it worked.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

In the age of mounts, you can easily get there with the griffon, probably the skyscale too.

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    In the age of mounts, you can easily get there with the griffon, probably the skyscale too.

yeah, I got there with skyscale.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

from raceway you can i think

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@crepuscular.9047 said:
    from raceway you can i think

Correct

@Ashantara.8731 said:

The Skyscale can get there easily

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Taygus.4571 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

True, it's easy. However, the OP explicitly said they don't have mounts to get there.

Now, the OP solved it (the way it's designed to get there), but it's a good idea to not merely fall back on "use mounts", especially as both the relevant mounts in this case are quite involved to get.

• Jwake.7013Jwake.7013 Member ✭✭✭

If I remember it's use any of the lab doors in the starter zones and it'll take you there.

"Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what's to come." ~Charles Beams~

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

True, it's easy. However, the OP explicitly said they don't have mounts to get there.

Now, the OP solved it (the way it's designed to get there), but it's a good idea to not merely fall back on "use mounts", especially as both the relevant mounts in this case are quite involved to get.

Back when there was no Raceway, I had to use TTF to get there. Had no clue you could still get there through certain doors, because everyone kept telling me that this was a relic of old content no longer available. :s Glad there is still a way to get there without mounts or TTF.