Feature Request - Mapwide broadcast of character-name who pulls EWP.

cstott.5186

A long time ago I suggested that whenever emergency waypoints are pulled, it is echo'd in /team chat

*** [nickname] has pulled Emergency Waypoint@location_map [Waypoint_link]

This saves time from having to type it and click the link into team chat, and the nickname can be ommited if afraid of witchhunts, but it would also be interesting to see how often these things are pulled across all maps by new people, trolls, spies, etc. I can live with it being more efficient over what we have now, at least with a lesser chance of being sent to spawn if you were just off by a few seconds.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:A long time ago I suggested that whenever emergency waypoints are pulled, it is echo'd in /team chat

This saves time from having to type it and click the link into team chat, and the nickname can be ommited if afraid of witchhunts, but it would also be interesting to see how often these things are pulled across all maps by new people, trolls, spies, etc. I can live with it being more efficient over what we have now, at least with a lesser chance of being sent to spawn if you were just off by a few seconds.

This is one of the bestest ideas ever, though I agree with

@Justine.6351 said:Yes because people never salt someone who pulls EWP at THEIR definition of perfect timing.

that there's no point to including the player that pulled it. Though the worst of that is just the listening to ppl whine about it which they're going to do regardless. So I guess either way works . . .

@DemonSeed.3528 said:A long time ago I suggested that whenever emergency waypoints are pulled, it is echo'd in /team chat

This saves time from having to type it and click the link into team chat, and the nickname can be ommited if afraid of witchhunts, but it would also be interesting to see how often these things are pulled across all maps by new people, trolls, spies, etc. I can live with it being more efficient over what we have now, at least with a lesser chance of being sent to spawn if you were just off by a few seconds.Yeah this has been suggested before and if Anet is unwilling to do it in team, then at least it should always happen in /guild of the one that has the claim (regardless of activated tactivator or whether the activator is a member).

Also I still question whether public should be the default.

You did, and it was a good idea than and still is now, +1.