GW2 FPS/CPU/GPU/Configuration optimisation guide for players please ANet

@DeWolfe.2174 said:I believe the 3 biggest hits to FPS are the graphic shaders, the character model limit, and then the FoV. Turning down these 3 should increase FPS without sacrificing too much image quality.

If you are running a, i7- 7700, 1080 and 32Gb, you should be able to have everything on max, but people frequently cannot due to other settings and whatnot. They even have issues with all those things turned down to low. That's the reason for the request, ANet knows these things because they have tested them, but they never let on how to optimise.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The Devs actually do 'let on' when answering in the forums. They suggest what has been suggested above.For an individualized response, they also suggest one submit a ticket to the Tech CS Team.

Good luck.

Wait, they just suggest that if you have the best hardware that money can buy and GW2 still runs crap to just turn down your settings? Really?

What I am suggesting is take everything they know and put it in one place so the dozens of bad performance threads can be reduced as well as increasing peoples performance and experience.

@DeWolfe.2174 said:I believe the 3 biggest hits to FPS are the graphic shaders, the character model limit, and then the FoV. Turning down these 3 should increase FPS without sacrificing too much image quality.

The shaders have a negligible effect in my experience. Maybe you're thinking of the shadows? They're quite CPU intensive and due to the number of objects in a busy scene high settings can bring the best processor to its knees.

@thrdeye.1028 said:

The shaders have a negligible effect in my experience. Maybe you're thinking of the shadows? They're quite CPU intensive and due to the number of objects in a busy scene high settings can bring the best processor to its knees.

On a Ryzen/ M2/ 1080TI, culling shadows to 'high' instead of 'ultra' let me do 4K/ 60. They're just a little jaggier, really. Shadow draw distance and all the rest seemed unaffected. All fixed! Now the lack of a proper UHD interface is another matter...

Archived