Can we have Shade skills around the scourge back to old setting in PvE?

totaloverride.3240

Its more than likely going to happen as a short term fixI dont really like scourge as it is right now but i support the change of reverting this back in pve considering it killed me in raids last week.gets downeduses vapor form to move to allies on safe spotGets transfusion teleported to scourge's shade instead of the scourge himself in not safe spotdies

Yea its not fun with how clunky it is right now.

@"Trise.2865" said:Or you could play it as intended and put actual thought into where to place a Shade and how to move, instead of dumping them wherever and face-tanking everything.

That's is true for PvE, but WvW is much more dynamic. No necro "face tanks" on purpose there, it just happens during battles.

I didn't mind the change in PvE, to be honest.

A question on the transfusion trait: would a downed player get ported to the nearest shade to them, or the nearest shade to the scourge? The only way to get to the scourge themselves is if there are no shades up, which is obviously never going to happen in an actual raid.

@"Trise.2865" said:Or you could play it as intended and put actual thought into where to place a Shade and how to move, instead of dumping them wherever and face-tanking everything.

tried that, but 20sec is sooo long when "place shade" is on CD

@"Lexi.1398" said:TBH all they need is a "remove shade/s" button and done.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Place shade on yourself. 10 targets. Youre welcome.

scourge become close combat class instead of ranged condikinda was able to manage huge crowds in PvE, (scare/fear shade was like a wall)

@ZDragon.3046 said:Its more than likely going to happen as a short term fixI dont really like scourge as it is right now but i support the change of reverting this back in pve considering it killed me in raids last week.Yea its not fun with how clunky it is right now.

Scourge was heavely nerfed, imo...proof is that there is not so many Scourges in WvW for a long time.remember Scourge zergs fights in WvW in the begining?

now i can't use shade to help friend in tough situation PvE or WvWthe moment you put shade away from you, you become so fragile,i miss scaring ads in boss fights

@totaloverride.3240 said:

scourge become close combat class instead of ranged condikinda was able to manage huge crowds in PvE, (scare/fear shade was like a wall)

@"ZDragon.3046" said:Its more than likely going to happen as a short term fixI dont really like scourge as it is right now but i support the change of reverting this back in pve considering it killed me in raids last week.Yea its not fun with how clunky it is right now.

Scourge was heavely nerfed, imo...proof is that there is not so many Scourges in WvW for a long time.remember Scourge zergs fights in WvW in the begining?

now i can't use shade to help friend in tough situation PvE or WvWthe moment you put shade away from you, you become so fragile,i miss scaring ads in boss fights

Scourges were buffed in wvw. Theyre as dominating as ever, shades hitting 10 people now at range makes a bomb twice as potent. Dunno why you would say that "not many scourges in wvw". You can adjust your playstyle

@Funky.4861 said:A question on the transfusion trait: would a downed player get ported to the nearest shade to them, or the nearest shade to the scourge? The only way to get to the scourge themselves is if there are no shades up, which is obviously never going to happen in an actual raid.

Transfusion always teleports downed players to the necromancer using it. Shades have nothing to do with this trait. Additionally, the pulsing heals follow the necromancer. Only the Fear burst comes from the shade, which is the skill functionality used to trigger the trait and not the trait itself.

@Trise.2865 said:Or you could play it as intended and put actual thought into where to place a Shade and how to move, instead of dumping them wherever and face-tanking everything.

Play as intended, the class was built with shade skills supposed to be used at your location and the shades, its literally in the description given by the elite spec mentor in domain of vabi.

You talk like having the shades skills on both the shades and yourself made the gameplay braindead or something, most of the time it was used as a minor defensive aid when getting overrun and such.With these changes, if you're ranged and throw a shade at ranged, you lose defense, but if you play in melee you get all the offensive capabilities and all the defense, if you're power scourge (which most sand savant users are) you don't even have to worry about shades that much as you only drop 1 large range shade that gives you all the minor traits without effort.

Sand savant is large radius oppressive power, its the braindead spec you hate, not condi scourge, condi scourge does not use savant, they are the ones that have to carefully place small range shades and manage them, as they need 2 up at all times to make use of the minor traits, they dont have the healing power or the barrier spam (it was nerfed so you have to take healing power, cond iscourge does not use heal power)

This is a massive nerf to scourges who dont use the braindead sand savant, they buffed the braindead specThey nerfed the functionality of the scourge shades as a tradeoff for this and because ANET dont like ranged classes, they think that people in melee who are in range of all the buffs/heals/aegis spams should have higher damage than those at range because 'being in melee is more dangerous' LOLOLOLOL

They need to revert the changes entirely, when they figure out how to balance boon spam/boon corrupts the scourge will be balanced mostly. Maybe if they removed epidemic from the game scourges could get more dps int otheir kit and maybe lowering some boon rip could mean that the scourge punishments skills could be actually damage deals instead of only does acceptable damage if the target has boons. Looking at you serpent siphon

@ZDragon.3046 said:Its more than likely going to happen as a short term fixI dont really like scourge as it is right now but i support the change of reverting this back in pve considering it killed me in raids last week.Yea its not fun with how clunky it is right now.

Thats not correct scourge was adjusted in wvw to try and make them more risky when using their shades but at the same time their shades got considerably more effective which is not a good thing overall for larger zerg fights. Effectively shades got a hard buff in wvw because not having the shade skills go off on you at the same time in wvw does not matter. You are not fighting on the front line so you dont need the effects on you.

At the same time because the changes were tied to pve and pvp scourge changed in both modesIn pvp Scourge is now too risky to use and the reward is not high enough for the literally lack of soft and hard defense they have.They now have no self protection from shade effects if they have a shade active and become sitting ducks. Or must thrown themselves into the middle of a fight with no defenses and not use shades to keep personal effects. Overall the playstyle is too unbalanced and the trade off is now too heavily balanced in the wrong direction

In pve scourge still works its just a bit more clunky as now effects only trigger on the shades as in my example above transfusion for heal scourge will currently teleport you to the shade instead of scourge trying to rez you should you go down. And where is the shade most often located? Its on the boss or some other spot that you probably dont want to be should you go down.

Overall scourge needs a total rework of its design at some point in the future. Less boon corruption more effectiveness in some other form thats not just aoe zone control.With the split of pve and pvp now going into effect they can bring the shades back to the scourge in pve and maybe pvp only for a short time as a short term solution.

In wvw they need to look at maybe reducing the max range that a shade can be placed. IF you want to defend the front line with your shades then it should-require some risk to place it in the first place.

i think Scourge is awful to play in PVE now. they wanted to nerf it in wvw and pvp. but they nerfed it in PVE instead.this is an awful and unwelcvome change especially when Scourge wasnt even a meta or anything close to it in both raids or fractals and never needed a pve nerf a buff if anything.. Scourge Both as support and as DPS suffer alot from this change and isnt really vailble option .. sure it can still be played but the clunky play and all just not worth it when other classes that are alot more simple to play tankier and what not.. just perform better in any case.. Scourge condition is supposed to be a ranged dps and now played melee often they dont even bother to use the shade with reduce their already meh dwamage by alot.
and as support you cant protect your self and allies at same time anymore.. and you cover much smaller era. Scourge is already meh dps and a second class Support that is far behind FB/Druid and only used as second support nerfing it even further like the last patch done.. just make it not worth playing class.
Scourge need a massive buff to keep this change and make it warding buffs both to his support kit and his dps kit / QoL kit

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Thats not correct scourge was adjusted in wvw to try and make them more risky when using their shades but at the same time their shades got considerably more effective which is not a good thing overall for larger zerg fights. Effectively shades got a hard buff in wvw because not having the shade skills go off on you at the same time in wvw does not matter. You are not fighting on the front line so you dont need the effects on you.

At the same time because the changes were tied to pve and pvp scourge changed in both modesIn pvp Scourge is now too risky to use and the reward is not high enough for the literally lack of soft and hard defense they have.They now have no self protection from shade effects if they have a shade active and become sitting ducks. Or must thrown themselves into the middle of a fight with no defenses and not use shades to keep personal effects. Overall the playstyle is too unbalanced and the trade off is now too heavily balanced in the wrong direction

In pve scourge still works its just a bit more clunky as now effects only trigger on the shades as in my example above transfusion for heal scourge will currently teleport you to the shade instead of scourge trying to rez you should you go down. And where is the shade most often located? Its on the boss or some other spot that you probably dont want to be should you go down.

Overall scourge needs a total rework of its design at some point in the future. Less boon corruption more effectiveness in some other form thats not just aoe zone control.With the split of pve and pvp now going into effect they can bring the shades back to the scourge in pve and maybe pvp only for a short time as a short term solution.

In wvw they need to look at maybe reducing the max range that a shade can be placed. IF you want to defend the front line with your shades then it should-require some risk to place it in the first place.

Scourge boon corruption is a non issue in pve. Powerscourge is a non issue in pve.If you want to talk about wvw, sure. Nerf corrupts (which were already nerfed both via scepter 3 nerf and unending corruption was removed/changed to harbringer shroud, something noone uses). Less boonremoval means more boonspam. We already have enough boonspam...

Scourge got buffed, but you have to use your head a little now on when to place shades and when not too, maybe that is why you see less scourges in groups now xD

To answer the OP, I believe Anet have said that only numbers will be split and not the mechanics, so it's either a revert to the old mechanic or a buff to scourge F skills in pve

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Scourge boon corruption is a non issue in pve. Powerscourge is a non issue in pve.Actually boon corrupts in general are a problem in pve just not in the way of how most people think. They are useless in 90% of pve with the exception being some fractals when a instability is applied and some raids and a few bosses in the PoF areas that said even those things dont boon spam enough to warrant the gross amount of boon corrupt built into necormancer over the years. In pve the overwhelming amount of boon corrupt built into skill design lowers the potential qualities that many skills could have in terms of things like condition application, damage, cooldown, barrier application, and utility.

IF you think boon corruption is a non issue in pve then you got it all wrong.

If you want to talk about wvw, sure. Nerf corrupts (which were already nerfed both via scepter 3 nerf and unending corruption was removed/changed to harbringer shroud, something noone uses). Less boonremoval means more boonspam. We already have enough boonspam...

Clearly you have not seen the post from the dev talking about how from going forward pve balance and design will no longer be tied to pvp and wvw at all and how they pretty much plan to nerf everything across the board in pvp and wvw.Which includes boons. As he put the general direction its down and that they are primarily looking at nerfs in the future patches. If its good or meta right now its considered to be too strong or stronger than they want it to be.

It was also mentioned that as boon generation / spam is droped there will be a lesser need for boon corrupts which is a good thing as i think the key feature of boon corruption that was suppose to be a unique tool of necromancer has just become a gatekeeping balance tool for the other 8 professions which is just disgusting in general

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Scourge got buffed, but you have to use your head a little now on when to place shades and when not too, maybe that is why you see less scourges in groups now xDOnly in wvwIn pvp this was a major nerf in terms of risk for reward the risk is why to high and the reward is not justified. Bonus targets dont mean much in spvp where matches are 5v5 or less.In pve its just clunky still doable but clunky.

To answer the OP, I believe Anet have said that only numbers will be split and not the mechanics, so it's either a revert to the old mechanic or a buff to scourge F skills in pve

Pretty sure they said that on case by case situations mechanical splits will be done where necessary Im pretty sure scourge in its current form qualifies worthy of that if they dont plan to rework the elite spec or shades as a whole.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Scourge boon corruption is a non issue in pve. Powerscourge is a non issue in pve.Actually boon corrupts in general are a problem in pve just not in the way of how most people think. They are useless in 90% of pve with the exception being some fractals when a instability is applied and some raids and a few bosses in the PoF areas that said even those things dont boon spam enough to warrant the gross amount of boon corrupt built into necormancer over the years. In pve the overwhelming amount of boon corrupt built into skill design lowers the potential qualities that many skills could have in terms of things like condition application, damage, cooldown, barrier application, and utility.

If you want to talk about wvw, sure. Nerf corrupts (which were already nerfed both via scepter 3 nerf and unending corruption was removed/changed to harbringer shroud, something noone uses). Less boonremoval means more boonspam. We already have enough boonspam...

Clearly you have not seen the post from the dev talking about how from going forward pve balance and design will no longer be tied to pvp and wvw at all and how they pretty much plan to nerf everything across the board in pvp and wvw.Which includes boons. As he put the general direction its down and that they are primarily looking at nerfs in the future patches. If its good or meta right now its considered to be too strong or stronger than they want it to be.

It was also mentioned that as boon generation / spam is droped there will be a lesser need for boon corrupts which is a good thing as i think the key feature of boon corruption that was suppose to be a unique tool of necromancer has just become a gatekeeping balance tool for the other 8 professions which is just disgusting in general

Wait a minute. First you say... "90% of pve needs no booncorrupts with exception of fractals/raids and an odd boss here and there" and then... "if you think boon corruption is a non issue in pve you got it all wrong". Well, which is it? Last i checked, necro corrupt is a core line and pve scourge never, ever even remotely uses traits and utilities that corrupt boons, instead they trait for max condi damage. I play a lot of pve and corrupts are extremely situational, condidps or that support tank barrier build are all that people use. Furthermore, with the addition of spellbreaker it was very clear to everyone that boons are in dire need of a counter (winda of disenchantment with traits that remove more boons), yet necro is somehow... Overcorrupting? We need an extra "non gatekeeping" corrupt class? Dunno what you mean by that statement, maybe more classes should mass booncorrupt and nec can get nerfed in this aspect? I mainly play wvw and i can tell you that most times, spellbreakers have the most corrupts in fights (with the abovementioned skills) and necros usually follow. Lastly, I have read all dev posts about incoming changes, but I also read previous dev quotes that said they can only split skills between modes so much. I am all for nerfs, PROPER nerfs, not the usual "oh just increase the cd on every f scourge skill" or the "rework" wvw chronomesmer got (which effectively killed the class), or the holo "nerf" which virtually left the class untouched.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Wait a minute. First you say... "90% of pve needs no booncorrupts with exception of fractals/raids and an odd boss here and there" and then... "if you think boon corruption is a non issue in pve you got it all wrong". Well, which is it? Last i checked, necro corrupt is a core line and pve scourge never, ever even remotely uses traits and utilities that corrupt boons, instead they trait for max condi damage. I play a lot of pve and corrupts are extremely situational, condidps or that support tank barrier build are all that people use. Furthermore, with the addition of spellbreaker it was very clear to everyone that boons are in dire need of a counter (winda of disenchantment with traits that remove more boons), yet necro is somehow... Overcorrupting? We need an extra "non gatekeeping" corrupt class? Dunno what you mean by that statement, maybe more classes should mass booncorrupt and nec can get nerfed in this aspect? I mainly play wvw and i can tell you that most times, spellbreakers have the most corrupts in fights (with the abovementioned skills) and necros usually follow. Lastly, I have read all dev posts about incoming changes, but I also read previous dev quotes that said they can only split skills between modes so much. I am all for nerfs, PROPER nerfs, not the usual "oh just increase the cd on every f scourge skill" or the "rework" wvw chronomesmer got (which effectively killed the class), or the holo "nerf" which virtually left the class untouched.

Ok lets slow down here and go back through this again.

First lets talk PVE! <<<< P.V.ELets try to get one thing right, I didnt say necromancer "needs no boon corrupts" Please dont put words in my mouth that I didnt say. I am implying that necormancer could use less of them in pve because in pve in most cases there are no boons to corrupt. The enemies that generate boons in this mode are far and few. Yes boon corruption should continue to be a key feature unique to the necromancer without a doubt but unless the global scale of pve undergoes a massive design change where the majority of foes start generating boons there is no reason to have as many boon corrupts.Optimal condi dps builds do not use boon corruption utilities and even if you do the boon corruption mechanic portion is wasted. For example corrupt boon. Even if you use this to inflict conditions on yourself to xfer to a target the boon corruption portion is still wasted. This is bad design. IF there was a secondary mechanic in pve only that caused boonless foes to be inflicted with conditions it would be fine but thats not the current case. With pve balance design now being split from pvp and wvw. It means either corrupt boon can now gain an additional feature or have some of their boon corruption mechanic replaced with another one in pve only to make it useful. This also applies to other skills that corrupt boonsIn the case of scourge every single utility has boon corruption on it including the heal which is out right horrid. Especially for pve where once again you wont see boons heavily being applied in alot of the content. Perhaps the skills could inflict more conditions or provide more boons, have longer duration, or lower cooldowns in pve only but because design has always been tied to pvp and wvw the boon corruption must be considered as a part of how "loaded" any skill is. Perhaps the heal could have better barrier value if not for the boon corruption. Perhaps the elite could inflict more conditions if not for the boon corruption.

Remember here im talking about pve only and boon corruption in pve is a problem because its wasted in 90% of the content.

Now lets talk PvP and WvWFirst of all covering spell breaker. ITs clear that this spec was aimed at the pvp wvw game mode more so than pve its geared toward fighting magical themed foes and fighting boons this is no surprise.When it comes to necromancer as stated scourge was invited to the game with a massive i mean MASSIVE overhaul of boon corruption built into its skills, traits, and utilities. This was also to combat the increasing level of boons that would enter the game with the PoF elite specs. Even if you count spell breaker it not nearly as effective at removing boons like necromancer is. Necromancer has been having boon corruption added for a while now its still the main manager of boons which is fine and it should remain the strongest manager of boons as part of its profession theme and for the sake of having a unique mechanic however there is no reason why boons should have gotten as out of control as they are in wvw and pvp.

IF you go read the forums right now you will see that anet is planning to roll this stuff back quite a bit and if boon spam decreases in effectiveness obviously boon corruption will also need to decrease in effectiveness.

ClosingThis is now about getting the "chronomancer" rework its about toning down all the features that have gotten out of hand that includes 1 shot dps, condi application, boon application, and yes boon corruption.This is a good chance for anet to really rebalance wvw and pvp now that things wont be tied to pve this gives them alot more freedom to properly manage how effective a single player can be on any particular build.Here ill refer you to the answers i got back

That said this is now way off topic i wont continue the conversation with you past this.