Warrior with high suvivability?

ArkhamUK.4961

Hi guys i need your help. Ive played all the other classes and now im trying warrior but im finding surviving hard. My ability is not great but i enjoy open world PvE.Could you guide me on a build that has increase survivability at the expence of the insane damage? Id rather survive longer since my skill is lacking

Str Def Tact for max survival.

Str for Forceful Greatsword and Might Makes Right (self might will heal you, FG gives Might on a crit)Def for might on block, Defy Pain, and your choice of grandmaster elite. Rousing Resilience will pair well with Shake it Off. Adrenal Health will give you lots of healing over time when you use a burst.Tactics for Soldier's Comfort, Shrug it Off, and either Vigorous Shouts or Phalanx Strength. Mender's Might will heal you for every time you give might to an ally, and Phalanx Strength will give might you give yourself to your allies.

@ArkhamUK.4961 said:Hi guys i need your help. Ive played all the other classes and now im trying warrior but im finding surviving hard. My ability is not great but i enjoy open world PvE.Could you guide me on a build that has increase survivability at the expence of the insane damage? Id rather survive longer since my skill is lacking

so the shout that gives might. heres a trick with it.

theres a trait that heals you when you grant might. PER MIGHT. add that to this shout, plus the shout trait that heals on use. if your solo. its a nice 3k ish heal. if your in a group, 6-7k heal (cause your applying might to up to 5 people)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having a lot of fun with this axe/axe + hammer core warrior. Hammer is quite amazing - it's CC allows for taking down champs pretty readily albeit somewhat slowly. Cull the Weak trait is also amazing for its huge incoming damage reduction.When I'm mostly using hammer (e.g., champs or group content) I'll use the grandmaster Mercilous Hammer, but if I'm mostly doing axe DPS then I'll use Might Make Right or Berserker's Power instead.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceJlJwwYbMFWJO0PrJTA-zRZYBBHGmR0BlRipQEVgJzyomRA-e

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:I've been having a lot of fun with this axe/axe + hammer core warrior. Hammer is quite amazing - it's CC allows for taking down champs pretty readily albeit somewhat slowly. Cull the Weak trait is also amazing for its huge incoming damage reduction.When I'm mostly using hammer (e.g., champs or group content) I'll use the grandmaster Mercilous Hammer, but if I'm mostly doing axe DPS then I'll use Might Make Right or Berserker's Power instead.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceJlJwwYbMFWJO0PrJTA-zRZYBBHGmR0BlRipQEVgJzyomRA-e

Why not something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceJlJwwYbMFWJOsLmpSA-zRRYBBLGdsTpPFQiSgwFCtMCMxsExZE-e ?

The life steal on interrupt with Hammer is pretty tanky, the adrenaline gain on crit will help get more bursts off, and Body Blow over Forceful Greatsword will cover all your weakness needs, particularly if you love hammer so much.

I love hammer, but I also love playing a Berserker and I hate hammer primal burst...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:I've been having a lot of fun with this axe/axe + hammer core warrior. Hammer is quite amazing - it's CC allows for taking down champs pretty readily albeit somewhat slowly.
Cull the Weak
trait is also amazing for its huge incoming damage reduction.When I'm mostly using hammer (e.g., champs or group content) I'll use the grandmaster
Mercilous Hammer
, but if I'm mostly doing axe DPS then I'll use
Might Make Right
or
Berserker's Power
instead.

Why not something like this:
?

The life steal on interrupt with Hammer is pretty tanky, the adrenaline gain on crit will help get more bursts off, and Body Blow over Forceful Greatsword will cover all your weakness needs, particularly if you love hammer so much.

I love hammer, but I also love playing a Berserker and I hate hammer primal burst...

Since I have Cull the Weak, additional weakness from Body Blow wasn't really necessary, and Forceful Greatsword offered a nice might/power boost instead. I gotta say that Unsuspecting Foe looks mighty tasty, but not sure I'm willing to swap out a trait line for it.

I'm not a fan of zero toughness for this type of character (and my casual playstyle), so that's why I chose Crusader/Knight instead of Marauder.

I just got my Spellbreaker elite this weekend (I have Berserker on another warrior and it just didn't suit me), so I'm going to be playing around with that, but it's going to be hard choosing what trait line to give up!

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:I've been having a lot of fun with this axe/axe + hammer core warrior. Hammer is quite amazing - it's CC allows for taking down champs pretty readily albeit somewhat slowly.
Cull the Weak
trait is also amazing for its huge incoming damage reduction.When I'm mostly using hammer (e.g., champs or group content) I'll use the grandmaster
Mercilous Hammer
, but if I'm mostly doing axe DPS then I'll use
Might Make Right
or
Berserker's Power
instead.

Why not something like this:
?

Since I have
Cull the Weak
, additional weakness from
Body Blow
wasn't really necessary, and
Forceful Greatsword
offered a nice might/power boost instead. I gotta say that
Unsuspecting Foe
looks mighty tasty, but not sure I'm willing to swap out a trait line for it.

I'm not a fan of zero toughness for this type of character (and my casual playstyle), so that's why I chose Crusader/Knight instead of Marauder.

I just got my Spellbreaker elite this weekend (I have Berserker on another warrior and it just didn't suit me), so I'm going to be playing around with that, but it's going to be hard choosing what trait line to give up!

Well, you'd get more weakness uptime out of Body Blow than Cull the Weak, and signet mastery would make up for swapping out Forceful Greatsword. Unsuspecting Foe capitalizes on Merciless Hammer and mitigates the need for extra precision. The choice between toughness and vitality if up to you, but Marauders offers more power than Knights which also makes up for not taking FG.

Arms is certainly a more offensive line, if you need the sustain from Defense then by all means take it.

@noiwk.2760 said:how is Sun and Moon off hand dagger Spell breaker tho? interms of sustain. with marauder set it can have almost 100% crit chance 7% of dps sounds like alot of sustain no? or its not good enough to make you tanky?

Pair it with an axe MH and axe mastery. You'll get some good heals that way.

would love some help and ty !

@noiwk.2760 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:how is Sun and Moon off hand dagger Spell breaker tho? interms of sustain. with marauder set it can have almost 100% crit chance 7% of dps sounds like alot of sustain no? or its not good enough to make you tanky?

Str: Bottom Mid MidDisc: Mid Mid TopSpB: Top Bottom Bottom.

Axe/dagger with your second set up to you based on the content.

thank you ! but im asking your opinon about marauder for this build or if its too much damage lose?

@noiwk.2760 said:

thank you ! but im asking your opinon about marauder for this build or if its too much damage lose?

About 10%. With any game mode take as much vitality, toughness, or sustain that you need but no more.

@noiwk.2760 said:i see 10% doesnt sound too much considering the extra crit chance which make damage stable and also healing stable..but is the vitality on marauder set really means anything for warrior? since we got good life pool

Warrior has great base health and armor, we have what other professions consider tanky, except we have fewer of the ways they do to avoid damage (Things like stealth, shadow steps, and CC built into a DPS weapon) unless we sacrifice a trait line and 2 of 3 utility slots.