Build for soloing low fractals?

Grant.1345

I generally solo (for timezone and child reasons), but now I'm crafting a legendary, and I need to do a few things in fractals. Google suggests that soloing fractals is possible, and that the Mesmer is decent at it, for reasons apparently having to do with distraction and reflection. I really like the Mesmer aesthetic, so that works for me and I'd like to give it a shot.

Is there a build or builds that would be best for it? And particular skills I should get the hang of? I'd appreciate any help/advice more experienced Mesmers could provide.

You can solo some fractals (there isn't really much to it, just take a defensive/self-healing build, will just take forever).Others are mechanicely almost to completely impossible, as you have to stand on switches while interacting with an object and not get attacked for a long period or otherwise require to be at two points or deal a lot of damage in a short time.

A condi build or an interupt build can do the first 25 pretty easily, just take focus. You can ball up and slaughter enemies or stick up some duelists and run around bosses. If you're struggling switch out a dps line for insp and you'll be fine. Stay on dps gear as killing quickly is what makes it easy.

Both condi chrono and condi mirage are very tanky and have good damage output to solo most low-tier fractals. Chrono has great CC and is good for grouping up enemies, plus the shield is awesome for strong stuns and a long block. Mirage on the other hand is capable of maintaining constant evades, but is a little trickier to play around with in general. Where chrono focuses on shattering, I've found that the best way for Mirage is to shatter your first clones for a condi burst, and quickly producing axe clones to keep them up.

I personally go with Insp/Illu/X with full Dire gear and perplexity runes, and have no problem with fractal soloing. On chrono I use scepter/shield/staff, and on mirage axe/focus/staff. Play around with both and see which spec you like better. You might also want to consider sword for an extra evade, but scepter has a decent equivalent block and axe is great for producing clones.

duelling/illu/mirage for the reflects if u need them. Pretty good spike damage with axe 2 , jaunt(self deception) - dodge(elusive mind) , for a three clone ambush, then axe 3 + any traited shatter.. U can setup high confu-bursts quickly and then concentrate on positioning, mechanics etc. Pretty save option.

im using axe/pistol, sword/torch. axe pistol as the damage set, sword/torch as the save option set.While i'm just thinking about maybe even swap the pistol out vs sword or focus, since i rarely use phantasms in this build.

Well, let's all hope we get some fancy stuff in 2 days , like mirage mantle healing in addition or barrier etc. Will make things easier (:

Archived