Home› Game Release Notes
Game Update Notes: October 29, 2019
10/29/2019—October 29 Release Notes
Build and Equipment Templates
- Players can now make use of Equipment Templates, which enable players to switch between full sets of equipment at the press of a button.
- Equipment Templates can be found within the Equipment tab of the Hero panel.
- Each character will start with two Equipment Template tabs. Up to four additional tabs can be purchased in the Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store, giving players the choice to have as many as six tabs.
- Items can be equipped in more than one Equipment Template.
- Items that have been equipped in at least one template will display a link in the upper-left corner of their icon.
- Players can customize their legendary equipment with a different set of selected attributes in each Equipment Template.
- Legendary upgrades can also be customized separately in each Equipment Template.
- Players can now make use of Build Templates, which enable players to change between full sets of skills, specializations, and traits at the press of a button.
- Build Templates can be found in the Build tab in the Hero panel.
- Each character will start with three Build Template tabs. Up to three additional tabs can be purchased in the Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store, giving players the choice to have as many as six tabs.
For your convenience, all existing characters will have the first three Build Templates prepopulated with the skills, specializations, and traits from PvE, PvP, and WvW—one for each game mode.
- This feature is completely for your convenience. Please feel free to use these Build Templates however you choose!
- Note: Newly created characters will start with three empty Build Templates.
For more information about Build Templates, please read through our helpful guide and watch the related tutorial videos.
- Build Storage Spaces allow players to store a copy of a Build Template and apply the contents to a Build Template or a different character later.
- Build Storage is shared between all characters on an account, enabling players to copy a build from one character to another.
- Every account will start with one Build Storage Expansion with a set of 3 spaces, and up to seven additional Build Storage Expansions can be purchased in the Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store, for a total of 24 spaces.
- Build Templates can be shared as chat links with other players.
- Builds can be shared between players of any level, making it a great way to help out new players!
- If a player shares a chat link containing a build with the same profession of the character you're playing, you can apply it directly to a Build Template and use it right away.
- Links to builds for professions that you are not currently using can be copied into Build Storage for you to use later.
- Chat links can be copied into or out of Guild Wars 2.
- A new panel has been added to the game that allows players to view the details of a build without using a Build Storage Space or Build Templates.
- Players can inspect builds that are from Build Storage, from one of their own Build Templates, or from shared chat links.
- The Inspect panel can be opened by clicking on a build chat link or by right-clicking on a Build Template or Stored Build in your Hero panel.
- From the Inspect panel, you can copy the viewed build to your clipboard, store a copy in Build Storage, or apply it directly to a Build Template if you share the same profession.
- Fixed a bug that caused Wardenhurst Waypoint to disappear while the "Help the Wardens defend Wardenhurst" event is active.
- Updated the collection hints for Last Rites and Carapace of Chaos to clarify that players must be under the ghostly aura of a Halloween food item when Tequatl or the Shadow Behemoth is defeated to progress the collection.
- Increased the duration of the ghostly aura given by Strawberry Ghosts and Omnomberry Ghosts.
- Superior Rune of Antitoxin: Fixed a bug that could cause this rune to remove more conditions than intended. Fixed a bug that could cause this rune to trigger when conditions expired naturally.
- Counter: Fixed a display bug with the duration of the blocking effect.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- New Equipment Template Expansions are available in the Upgrades section of the Gem Store for 500 gems each.
- New Build Template Expansions are available in the Upgrades section of the Gem Store for 300 gems each.
New Build Storage Expansions are available in the Upgrades section of the Gem Store for 500 gems. Each Build Storage Expansion comes with three spaces.
- For a limited time, players can receive a free Build Storage Expansion item. This is only available to players with Core, Heart of Thorns™, or Path of Fire™ accounts.
A new Build and Equipment Expansion Package is available in the Gem Store for 2,000 gems. The package includes 2 Build Template Expansions, 2 Equipment Template Expansions, 1 Build Storage Expansion, 5 Heroic Boosters, and 1 Makeover Pack.
- For a limited time, the Noble Count Outfit and Lunatic Guard Outfit return to the Style category of the Gem Store for 525 gems each.
- For a limited time, the Permanent Scarecrow Finisher and Permanent Mad King Finisher return to the Style category of the Gem Store for 500 gems each.
- Fixed an issue in which effects on the Seven Reapers weapon set would clip through player characters.
- Fixed an issue in which effects on the Searing Chain Gloves would not dye properly.
Stéphane Lo Presti
Content Marketing Manager