- Lions Arch's position is intriguing, the city's aesthetics emphasizes his role as a port city, when I suppose its trade is actually mostly terrestrial.
- Their nearest neighbors (Norm, humans) seems had no sea ports around sea of sorrows.
- The path to reach the port is full of narrows passages and NGZ(non go zones, due to hostile wildlife, dragon corruption or hostile factions(ex: inquest) )
- The Sea of Elona seems landlocked, by the Straits of devastation bridges/islands linking Orr to Tyria on "shark teeth archipelago", i dont remember at top head that bridges height if is enough to ship pass. And the "link" between Orr and Scavenger Causeway(but like all unexplored area this one can be retconed). How a Krytan Ship can reach Amnon Port?
- more towards south more "non go zones"(i didnt marked all map) appear like Ring of Fire, Orr, Joko controlled areas.
- most 'civilizations' of Tyria had access to Lion Arch by land.
- its stated they lost contact to Cantha, so the only relevant know port toward south is the Rata Sum one.
i posted a Map to ilustrate the points i made.
main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).