Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

Hi everyone,

Now that Build and Equipment Templates are live in the game, we’d like to open this thread to gather your feedback after you’ve had time to play with this feature. Let us know what you think.

Reminder that we welcome all forms of feedback, both positive and negative, as long as it is respectful and constructive. You can check this post about providing good feedback: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/317/how-to-give-good-feedback

Stéphane Lo Presti
Content Marketing Manager

Tagged:
<13456713

Comments

• On the Guild Chat, one of the last questions was about whether changing skills on the bar affect the template. The content designer showed that changing skills on the active bar did change the active template. I wanted to note that this is not desirable. I have some set builds that I use in raids, but certain encounters require me to change one or two skills. Sometimes the party composition includes more than one ranger or warrior, meaning spirits or banners can be split between them. These are exceptions and I would rather they not be saved to the "normal" build stored in the template. I would much prefer if template changes only get saved if you change the actual template, not the skill bar.

My 2 cents.
    Thanks,
    Lillis

• Didn't they say that if you save a build to Build Storage (the account-wide one), that changes to the Build Template won't be affected?
    So, you could save it there.

Good luck.

• perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lillis.9473 said:
    On the Guild Chat, one of the last questions was about whether changing skills on the bar affect the template. The content designer showed that changing skills on the active bar did change the active template. I wanted to note that this is not desirable. I have some set builds that I use in raids, but certain encounters require me to change one or two skills. Sometimes the party composition includes more than one ranger or warrior, meaning spirits or banners can be split between them. These are exceptions and I would rather they not be saved to the "normal" build stored in the template. I would much prefer if template changes only get saved if you change the actual template, not the skill bar.

My 2 cents.
    Thanks,
    Lillis

The equipment and build templates aren't actually "templates", they're just quick-swappable setups. The actual "templates" are the account build storage. They use the word "template" to refer to things that aren't, and don't use that word to describe things that are, and then wonder why people are confused.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2019

@perilisk.1874 said:
    The equipment and build templates aren't actually "templates", they're just quick-swappable setups. The actual "templates" are the account build storage. They use the word "template" to refer to things that aren't, and don't use that word to describe things that are, and then wonder why people are confused.

In that case the amount of available template slots is definitely not even close to being enough, and the situation is even worse than i initially thought.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Note that I'm going to close all the previous forum threads about Build and Equipment Templates, so that everyone can focus their post-release focus on this thread. Note that this thread is not meant primarily as a discussion but is for gathering feedback.

Stéphane Lo Presti

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

Am I the only one that finds the listing of what the merged thread is called a bit funny? :)

edit: aww, it was fixed

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

First - i really was looking forward to build templates including Eqiupment Templates.
    Second - i was afraid that this bug will happen.

For a long time i've been using two pieces of gear for my Thief: Assassin's Coat, Magitech Jerkin.
    With Eqiupment i've decided not to use full gear transfer, but to use easy switch between Rifle and Dual Pistols.
    But because of that, when it comes to switch between Assassin's Coat and Magitech Jerkin, gear just goes into Eqiupment Storage wtih no replacement. Before Equipment Storage, when i wished to use Magitech Jerkin, i simply used equip of that gear piece and Assassin's Coat appeared in inventory, and vice-versa.

But now, not a single gear piece goes back into inventory. It stays in storage. And thats very uncomfortable.
    The very sipmle solution for that will be - Skin templates.
    Or please, consider to add better script that will help with multiple skins. Like for example, if i have one gear piece used in two Eqiupment Templates, any of gear i equip from inventory will replace respective slots with that gear in both Eqiupment storages. And previosly equiped gear will go back to inventory as it used too. It still works like that if you equip gear in storage without re-used gear.

Also allow us to have same hotkey for Equipement Template and Build Template. So it will be easier to fast switch between gear and traits.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    Hi everyone,

Now that Build and Equipment Templates are live in the game, we’d like to open this thread to gather your feedback after you’ve had time to play with this feature. Let us know what you think.

Reminder that we welcome all forms of feedback, both positive and negative, as long as it is respectful and constructive. You can check this post about providing good feedback: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/317/how-to-give-good-feedback

Build templates are awesome! TY!!!

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭
    • For more information about Build Templates, please read through our helpful guide and watch the related tutorial videos.
      A link to where those are would be very helpful. I did not see it in either the news or update posts.
                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

Seems fairly intuitive once you set up your keybinds. Possibly would have been better to link build/equip as one, but that might be a minor thing
    Tabs are cheaper than I expected as well

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Excursion.9752 said:

• For more information about Build Templates, please read through our helpful guide and watch the related tutorial videos.
      A link to where those are would be very helpful. I did not see it in either the news or update posts.

Good catch, we're not releasing it until later so I'll update the notes accordingly!

Stéphane Lo Presti

• Should be 3 equipment templates by default - each trait build will have corresponding equipment needed. Would rather see extra equipment templates priced at 400 gems each too - then you can get 2 for 800 gems.

• Well I guess im glad i have 27 characters. I will just not save them off the characters themselves. The communities ability to save, share, and collaborate and comment on builds will be taking a loss from some of these choices. I would have rather had the unlocks been account wide like the crafting increase is. The shared vault of builds at 6 is useless when you have more than 2 characters. We as players should want to have all our builds saved in there but cant because of how limited it is.

• Saniyah.1984Saniyah.1984 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

@Trise.2865 said:

@Saniyah.1984 said:
    Equipment templates does not look for stuff in your bank or what is on other characters.

Why would it? That character doesn't have those items to equip.

Because i can't shared legendaries like this

Could you screenshot the save button please?

• equipment template need to be include to the build sharing or else the build just not complete!

Officer of Equinox Solstice [TIME] / Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    WvW server: Henge of Denravi
    https://discord.gg/P5dj7fd

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not home yet. So if I just don't care and do nothing will my pve/spvp/wvw builds that auto switch when entering each mode still do that or will I have to do/save a bunch of things first?

• Zappi.8307Zappi.8307 Member
    edited October 29, 2019
    1. switching from one Equip. template to another always equips the secondary weapon, kinda weird
    2. Is it possible to link one Equip. T. to a Build T. so they will both be turned active when selecting one of them?
    3. I would ve liked to see a split between "current" Euip/Build tab and Templates. So clicking on the Templates will equip the items/build in the "normal" tab. Right now one of the templates is always being "wasted" by being the "normal" switcheroo tab since it always gets overwritten when equipping a new item somewhere
    4. Nobody needs more than 10 templates just to save 5 clicks, you guys are insane.. We just need the "current" Tab to be back where minimal adjustments can be made, when needed without changing a whole preset.
  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Not home yet. So if I just don't care and do nothing will my pve/spvp/wvw builds that auto switch when entering each mode still do that or will I have to do/save a bunch of things first?

Not 100% sure, but your wvw template should assigned to one of them anyway so worst case scenario you can click on it in your hero panel or add a key bind for it

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• gavyne.6847gavyne.6847 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

We need 3 equipment template by default to match the 3 build templates we get, pretty please. The pricing is expensive, I bought an equipment template not realizing they are per-character only. No problem, but this will deter me from purchasing more for the time being.

I will buy more if you give us bundled pricing for equipment template. And please do consider giving us 3 by default to match the 3 build templates we receive.

One more thing, I find the build storage awkward. It should include equipment because if you want to share your build, you usually share your spec & equipment. Like linking someone gw2skills.net build editor, people want to see the whole thing with gear/runes/sigils not just your spec.

• @sajah varel.9261 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Not 100% sure, but your wvw template should assigned to one of them anyway so worst case scenario you can click on it in your hero panel or add a key bind for it

I just tested it, it doesn't auto switch for builds. You have to go in the hero panel and switch it, and then switch it back when you go back in pve. It's more tedious than before.

You can keybind each build and gear template and it should be allowed to make a macro to have you switch your gear and build template in one button press according to their Macro Policy.

35000 AP Reached! (7th April 2018)

• Overall, thank you ANET its a nice QoL addition to the game.

Though I wish you set it up in a way so that when people switch traits they switch weapons as well or vice versa, but overall a big convenience compared to the past when wanting to switch builds. Thank you. ;)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.