Why does Greatsword 1 randomly apply bleeds?

Muntro.8597

I am having some fun with the Kitty Golems in the Special Forces Training Area, and I have found out that Greatsword 1 on Warrior randomly applies Bleed to the enemy.

I have NO idea why this happens!

I have removed every piece of gear except the greatsword. The only sigil I've socketed is Superior Sigil of Hydromancy. I have cleaned out all my specializations (only keeping the first minor ones) and I have no skills with passive effects on them.

But still Greatsword 1 apply Bleed. I can sometimes finish a chain without procing the bleed, so it seems completely random.

What is going on?

It's because of a trait in your build givingyou 30% chance of applying bleeds on critical hit. it's in the arms traitline

Bloodlust: (Arms traitline; Minor Grandmaster) You have a chance to inflict bleeding on critical hits, and bleeds that you apply last longer.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodlust

I assume you play warrior. (This said this kind of triat also exists for ranger and necromancer, but not for guardian or mesmer)

(Ranger) Sharpened Edges Chance for you and the pet to cause bleeding on critical hits.(Necro ) Barbed Precision Critical hits have a chance to cause bleeding. Increases bleed duration.

That was my first assumption as well. However I've checked this many times.

The only active traits in my build are Determined Revival, Thick Skin and Furious Burst - none of these apply bleed. neither according to the skill descriptions nor the GW2wiki.

This is annoying. I have no idea where the bleeds come from.

Archived