Mastery Question

Teleri.7124

According to the wiki, you unlock the Crystal Champion mastery line when you start Living Story Season 4. I don't HAVE Living Story Season 4, at least not the first episode, but I've unlocked all of the Crystal Champion Masteries anyway. Can someone tell me how I gained access to these? I HAVE done most of Season 3.

Crystal Champion is unlocked after entering any Living World Season 4 map, except Sandswept Isles. As you mentioned you have no LWs4 this can't be how you got it. So now I wonder, did you maybe enter Icebrood Saga prologue "Grothmar Valley"? This may be counting as Season 4 somewhere as its part of the PoF interface as well in story and achievements.

P.S. Entering a LWs4 map is enough, you do not have to actually do the story.

The Icebrood Saga came out this year but I unlocked Crystal Champion prior to this year. In fact, until just recently, I hadn't logged into this account since December 2018. I THOUGHT, perhaps wrongly, that those skills were unlocked when I was doing things with Aurene, in Tarir, during LS 3. It might have been a coincidence though.

In any case, I did the prologue of the Icebrood Saga with my other account and Crystal Champion wasn't unlocked. Guess I'll have to do at least part of LS 4. I really just want the dismount Mastery.

@"Teleri.7124" said:The Icebrood Saga came out this year but I unlocked Crystal Champion prior to this year. In fact, until just recently, I hadn't logged into this account since December 2018. I THOUGHT, perhaps wrongly, that those skills were unlocked when I was doing things with Aurene, in Tarir, during LS 3. It might have been a coincidence though.

In any case, I did the prologue of the Icebrood Saga with my other account and Crystal Champion wasn't unlocked. Guess I'll have to do at least part of LS 4. I really just want the dismount Mastery.

Living World Season 4 started on 28th of November 2017 (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_4). If you logged in at ANY point in time after that (and before the prologue episode now), you have at least 1 episode of LWS4 unlocked.