My personal perspective on Renegade

Omnicron.2467

Hi everyone!

This is just a little post about my experience playing the revenant which mirrors and echoes a lot of the concerns that has already been raised. Nothing really new, I just wanted to add my post to the list of problems with Renegade even when trying to play the spec casually.

Shortbow

I actually enjoy the shortbow a lot. The skill shots are annoying, but I do not mind that too much. The major flaw with the shorbow for me is how poor the damage is. The field you put down with Spiritcrush is so small and has such a short duration, and the number of arrows you fire with Bloodbane path are so few that these skills are really not worth it. Overall while I like the design of the skills the damage is pathetic. I can notice, even playing casual open world, that enemies have a much harder time dying when I am on my Shortbow. I have actually stopped using this weapon for this single reason. No matter how much I enoy the weapon the damage is so weak compared the mace/axe that it is pointless for me.

Summons

The summons you get does not give the Renegage any needed utility, like stun breaks, or some kind of movement buffs to compliment shortbow. It might be ok in a teamfight but I see only Razorclaw is used in the Qtfy build. Personally I prefer to stick to Mallyx/Shiro since both both have a better feel in terms of damage and utility than Renegade (not being a number cruncher I cannot prove it one way or the other, but this is a casual player's perspective)

F-Skills

These make no sense to me. They looked cool when I first read about them, but honestly the way they function and the energy cost they demand make them feel like a third set of slot skills rather than F-skills. The class mechanic is being able to swap legendaries and gain a second set of skills with seperate cooldowns and refresh your energy to 50. Surely elite specs should in some way modify this mechanic to add different bonuses options when you swap your legend? At the moment it just feels like an additional 3 slot skills, not a class mechanic change. Considering their energy cost I mostly refrain from using them.

All this considered I have actually gone back to base revenent since I cannot find anything in the Renegade spec which improves the class or proves a viable alternative playstyle.

I am thinking the best way for me to use shortbow is to take advantage of it's conditions and large number of hits to apply DoTs and build Kalla's Fervor. Then quickly switch to another weapon for the rest of the fight.I dig the shortbow too, except for Sevenshot! That skill is so awkward and unrewarding!And the F-Skills are cool, except for Orders From Above! I never use it!

@Omnicron.2467 said:Hi everyone!

This is just a little post about my experience playing the revenant which mirrors and echoes a lot of the concerns that has already been raised. Nothing really new, I just wanted to add my post to the list of problems with Renegade even when trying to play the spec casually.

Shortbow

I actually enjoy the shortbow a lot. The skill shots are annoying, but I do not mind that too much. The major flaw with the shorbow for me is how poor the damage is. The field you put down with Spiritcrush is so small and has such a short duration, and the number of arrows you fire with Bloodbane path are so few that these skills are really not worth it. Overall while I like the design of the skills the damage is pathetic. I can notice, even playing casual open world, that enemies have a much harder time dying when I am on my Shortbow. I have actually stopped using this weapon for this single reason. No matter how much I enoy the weapon the damage is so weak compared the mace/axe that it is pointless for me.

let me get it right you actually enjoy the sb that you actually stopped using it?!

Archived