Help regarding NA WvW server

Dragonzhunter.8506

Any particular reason why you want to leave EU?

Take this with a grain of salt since I'm on TC but overall I feel the WvW experience on NA has degraded in the last two years (especially the last 6-8 months) significantly.

Roaming is basically non-existent on my server. Most of my friends list of dedicated roamers rarely log on. If you do roam on my server you can usually count on fighting 1xV and seeing a small enemy group cap all your camps/sentries/towers with little to no resistance.

Also, we can't hang with others prime time for zergs anymore. This means you cannot snipe reinforcements getting back to the battles because the battles are over the first enemy push. I know part of it is power creep but it wasn't too long ago that 2 hours battles for hills or bay were common. Pretty much never happens anymore.

Don't want to sound too negative especially about TC. There are still some who try and a few OGs but very very few especially roaming.

@GUFF.5692 said:Any particular reason why you want to leave EU?

Take this with a grain of salt since I'm on TC but overall I feel the WvW experience on NA has degraded in the last two years (especially the last 6-8 months) significantly.

Roaming is basically non-existent on my server. Most of my friends list of dedicated roamers rarely log on. If you do roam on my server you can usually count on fighting 1xV and seeing a small enemy group cap all your camps/sentries/towers with little to no resistance.

Also, we can't hang with others prime time for zergs anymore. This means you cannot snipe reinforcements getting back to the battles because the battles are over the first enemy push. I know part of it is power creep but it wasn't too long ago that 2 hours battles for hills or bay were common. Pretty much never happens anymore.

Don't want to sound too negative especially about TC. There are still some who try and a few OGs but very very few especially roaming.

I moved to Canada 3 years ago.On EU server I have 200 ping on WvW and 200 ping on sPVP. My friends are not playing anymore GW2 (after 7 years), so I don't have any reason to stay there alone with that ping.On NA server I have only 100 ping, this is a huge difference mainly for sPVP.Atm mostly I am roaming with small groups or alone on my server (Seafarer's Rest) and I play sPVP. The issue you have on TC is the same on Seafarer's Rest, at least at the time when I can play. 7PM-10PM Pacific time, means 5AM-8AM in Europe, and usual ppl are at work or school in middle of the week. I don't care if I can't join big zerg/blob, but at least I hope I'll find a small group of players who love to fight (PPK) more than PPT, but if it is need it I can do PPT too.

Ah, that's quite the time difference from your server's prime time! Yeah, must be a graveyard around the time you play.Definitely, understandable about the ping issue.Sounds like top one third NA servers would an improvement for you then.

I personally prefer to run my home BL almost always. I usually focus on small objective defense (camps, etc) and therefore gravitate towards tankier builds. I find glass to not be worth it on my server due to the current power creep and since most of my team-mates run glass which means they will almost always rally downed enemies turning any small skirmish into disappointment. If down state would go away the equation would change.