Should Anet pause development and use those resources to properly rework Build Templates? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Should Anet pause development and use those resources to properly rework Build Templates?

2>

Comments

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Rework the system entirely.

Should the templates system be overhauled? - Yes.
    Should they get devs who have never worked on it involved into said rework? - No.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No. Just fix the bugs.

If there actually are still any bugs then they should be fixed by the team that worked on the templates as they’re the most experienced with how they were built. I don’t see the need to rework them as the system works fine as is.

• Elrey.5472Elrey.5472 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Elrey.5472 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:
    If a major MMO studio needs to seize development in order to fix a broken feature, they better close shop and do something else.

If I think that's a thing is because there's a precedent with HoT: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-19-2016/

If they ceased development during HoT's development (see the contradiction there?) then how did HoT get developed?

Month 0 = HoT release. Start work on LWS3.
    Month 1 = Players found HoT quite unbalanced/broken/hard/annoying/others.
    Months 2-3 = They ceased/paused the development on LSW3 to fix HoT. And only resumed the work on LW3 after that balancing fix was done (that's when they added lot of events on verdant brink, vinetooths on auric basin, etc).
    Month 4 = Continue/resume development of LWS3.
    Month 6 = LWS3 Episode 1 release, 6 months after HoT release instead of the intended 3 months.

That's how I remember it. I bet veterans will remember it as well.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No. Just fix the bugs.

@Elrey.5472 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Elrey.5472 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:
    If a major MMO studio needs to seize development in order to fix a broken feature, they better close shop and do something else.

If I think that's a thing is because there's a precedent with HoT: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-19-2016/

If they ceased development during HoT's development (see the contradiction there?) then how did HoT get developed?

Months 2-3 = They ceased/paused the development on LSW3 to fix HoT. And only resumed the work on LW3 after that balancing fix was done (that's when they added lot of events on verdant brink, vinetooths on auric basin, etc).
    Month 6 = LWS3 Episode 1 release, 6 months after HoT release instead of the intended 3 months.

OK, so the game, according to the timeline you list, was in continuous development for the entire time.

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

To pause development is like the term "stop the press" when refering to a new paper thingy. And in doing so u creat more chaos then anything.

• IndigoSundown.5419IndigoSundown.5419 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No. Just fix the bugs.

@Elrey.5472 said:

I remember that HoT released on Oct. 23, 2015 and Out of the Shadows (LWS3) released on July 26, 2016. That's nine months, not six.

Regardless, HoT included story, new maps, and plenty of events. That is not analogous to a QoL feature. Nor is the upset over templates anywhere near the size of the upset over HoT that I remember. Also, the period of "content drought" between HoT and OotS saw the game's revenues hit a new low (for that time). I doubt that there's any precedent there that ANet will be willing to follow. Nor, I suspect, would throwing more people at templates solve anything. Delaying LW for anything in the current climate of concern for the game's future would likely be worse than doing nothing about templates -- as much as I might like to see templates change for the better.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

• No. Just fix the bugs.

We already know when Episode One will be released; so, there won't be any delay.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No. Just fix the bugs.

Nah, templates are done.
    Fix the bugs, then move on the next UI Great Need: the character select screen. No sense in buying template slots anyway when you can just buy new characters.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Reworking the system without pausing all other development should be an option. People do not care enough about templates to have their precious Story content delayed.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• Where is the “Just suck it up and move on” option?

They acknowledged all our responses; how they deal with it is up to them

• I could care less about the living world episodes and delivering a quality product should always matter the most.

• Yes. Rework the system entirely.

@Elrey.5472 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Elrey.5472 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

Probably it was that anet was on the raid train not ceasing developement. Remember during those 6 months 3 raids got released. Seeing how they can only release 1 raid and 1 fractal a year now, it show where develope prioritizes were back then.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2019
    No. Just fix the bugs.

No, I rather see playable content. Expansions. Cantha. Player housing. Hall of Monuments. Etc.
    The last thing this game needs is another content drought.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Melech.4308 said:
    Where is the “Just suck it up and move on” option?

They acknowledged all our responses; how they deal with it is up to them

Unfortunately, that is the truth - the only truth. We can hope for improvements, sure, but so far "sucking it up and moving on" is the only option given to us.

• No. Just fix the bugs.

The kitten with your Templates. Create an alt and you are good. We need all resources on new content

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.