Event Idea

Svarty.8019

I was reading an old article and saw this snippet:

"Unused siege weapons can be claimed by any side - during one particularly heroic escapade, myself and one of the game's designers broke the siege of a friendly tower by sneaking around the back of the enemy, nicking one of their catapults, and using it to blow up a siege golem and everyone near it. It's the potential for adventures like this one that sets World vs. World apart."https://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-world-vs-world-pvp-guide/

Well well well, pre-launch, players of opposing factions could man one-another's siege. How about making that an event? I call it, "siege weapon instruction manual translator week" (may be a bit wordy).

It would mean the guards would have to be told not to destroy any siege, but players would have to remember to destroy what siege they used to enter objectives, too. Interesting stuffs!

that would indeed be very interesting. I guess if no one is in it then it can't be damaged, and same team obviously can't damage their own siege if a friendly is in it. that's the only way I see that working.

an event to test it out would be nice. what if this was a permanent feature lol? that'll teach you to rely on siege you people... dang siege.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:that would indeed be very interesting. I guess if no one is in it then it can't be damaged, and same team obviously can't damage their own siege if a friendly is in it. that's the only way I see that working.

an event to test it out would be nice. what if this was a permanent feature lol? that'll teach you to rely on siege you people... dang siege.

Destroy allied siege if someone unmans it? I think this is a little bit trollable, but also imagine this scenario:

You've got a bunch of rams up on a gateThe enemy appear and begin to bomb the ramsYou leave the rams because the damage is so highThe enemy melee the ramsYou bomb the enemies on the ramsYou destroy your own siege

Honestly, it seems like it could be quite a cool thing either way because it's tactical. I mean, sure, you could do some minor trolling... build some siege, let someone man it then take it off them then leave it and destroy it? Build some siege and when someone comes to man it blow it up instead... it's just not very practical to troll in this way.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:that would indeed be very interesting. I guess if no one is in it then it can't be damaged, and same team obviously can't damage their own siege if a friendly is in it. that's the only way I see that working.

Destroy allied siege if someone unmans it? I think this is a
little bit
trollable, but also imagine this scenario:

You've got a bunch of rams up on a gateThe enemy appear and begin to bomb the ramsYou leave the rams because the damage is so highThe enemy melee the ramsYou bomb the enemies on the ramsYou destroy your own siege

Honestly, it seems like it could be quite a cool thing either way because it's tactical. I mean, sure, you could do some
minor
trolling... build some siege, let someone man it then take it off them then leave it and destroy it? Build some siege and when someone comes to man it blow it up instead... it's just not very practical to troll in this way.Seems like a rather simple problem to solve.

Just make it so that siege revert to "neutral enemy" status after having been unmanned for say... 1 minute (from getting out, siege disables stop the timer). Siege in "neutral enemy" status can be manned, which changed it to "friendly" status for the duration of it being manned and that 1m cd. Siege in "neutral enemy" status can be damaged and destroyed.

This changes the dynamics of the battlefield a fair bit. For example, you may want to clear your own siege after having used it. No more golems standing in camps for contesting - just steal it. If a heavily fortified objective is taken, all that siege can be used by the new owner (assuming they dont destroy it). Garri outer wall riddled with arrowcarts while you work on the inner door/wall? Steal them all and work them against the enemy.

Adding the ability to dismantle "friendly" siege for some return of supplies would be an excellent addition on top of this. Oh so there are 5 arrowcarts in this drained tower we just took? Man them, get out, dismantle them. Free supps.