[Video] Power Druid - WvW Roaming

kuteykathy.8123

I don't know how good or newby your enemies were, but your vid made me try Druid again, just for fun :). Usually, a good player who didn't die from the first burst of a glass cannon should kill pretty fast that glass cannon. Don't get me wrong, you played well and I enjoyed your vid, still, some of your enemies seem to be or new, or just surprised by a Druid on WvW :) .Good video and playstyle ... keep it up!

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:I don't know how good or newby your enemies were, but your vid made me try Druid again, just for fun :). Usually, a good player who didn't die from the first burst of a glass cannon should kill pretty fast that glass cannon. Don't get me wrong, you played well and I enjoyed your vid, still, some of your enemies seem to be or new, or just surprised by a Druid on WvW :) .Good video and playstyle ... keep it up!

Glad to hear you're going to try Druid again! That's what I'd love to see--more druids again :) You're right that a glass cannon will die pretty quickly if the first burst is survived. I find that the CC, stealth combos and staff 3 are really useful, though it's really difficult to do anything if it's like a spellbreaker all stanced up with reveal / tethers :tongue:

@kuteykathy.8123 said:

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:I don't know how good or newby your enemies were, but your vid made me try Druid again, just for fun :). Usually, a good player who didn't die from the first burst of a glass cannon should kill pretty fast that glass cannon. Don't get me wrong, you played well and I enjoyed your vid, still, some of your enemies seem to be or new, or just surprised by a Druid on WvW :) .Good video and playstyle ... keep it up!

Glad to hear you're going to try Druid again! That's what I'd love to see--more druids again :) You're right that a glass cannon will die pretty quickly if the first burst is survived. I find that the CC, stealth combos and staff 3 are really useful, though it's really difficult to do anything if it's like a spellbreaker all stanced up with reveal / tethers :tongue:

Actually the only trait that make druid (condi and power) to work is the extremely passive Ancient Seeds. Remove that trait and you wont be able to secure any kill.

IMO that trait should be removed and that effect to be push into staff#4 and the spirit elite active. While reworking the druid in its entirety of course.

Immobs procs in passive traits are very unfair, any class with low access to immob removal are free bags.

@anduriell.6280 said:Actually the only trait that make druid (condi and power) to work is the extremely passive Ancient Seeds. Remove that trait and you wont be able to secure any kill.

IMO that trait should be removed and that effect to be push into staff#4 and the spirit elite active. While reworking the druid in its entirety of course.

No, thank you very much. I prefer to be able to use my skills and traits with things other than the staff.

@Jarl.8607 said:No, thank you very much. I prefer to be able to use my skills and traits with things other than the staff.

Sure you do. Still it doesn't mean the trait is good, requieres active gameplay and not creating a toxic enviroment.The Druid even will trigger the skill passively autoattacking with a pet with any CC. I don't think we can find something with even lowest effort than that.

Not that other classes don't have similar horrible mechanics at some point, still i'd enjoy playing druid if it wasnt for those cheese mechanics.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Actually the only trait that make druid (condi and power) to work is the extremely passive Ancient Seeds. Remove that trait and you wont be able to secure any kill.

Immobs procs in passive traits are very unfair, any class with low access to immob removal are free bags.

I like the idea of Ancient Seeds being a proc I can rely on, such as with the staff idea or even if it was a trait that only proc'd on my weapon CCs. Excluding the first CC casted in a fight which always procs, it's annoying when one expects the roots to pop and then realizes it's still on cooldown from a pet's earlier interaction :(

While Ancient Seeds is very good though, I wouldn't consider it the make-or-break factor in a fight with how quickly it can be broken out of or ignored. Druidic Clarity and Celestial Shadow are both much more useful to keeping the druid alive to secure the fight.

@kuteykathy.8123 said:While Ancient Seeds is very good though, I wouldn't consider it the make-or-break factor in a fight with how quickly it can be broken out of or ignored. Druidic Clarity and Celestial Shadow are both much more useful to keeping the druid alive to secure the fight.

I agre with you Celestial Shadow and Druidic Clarity are the traits which keep the druid alive, but is ancient seeds the one which secure the kill.Without that trait and just relaying in entangle to immob the targets you could not land any of the big damage package, and druid would fold into the total irrelevancy.

Just saying, the only reason a condi or power druid may work depends only in that trait.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@kuteykathy.8123 said:While Ancient Seeds is very good though, I wouldn't consider it the make-or-break factor in a fight with how quickly it can be broken out of or ignored. Druidic Clarity and Celestial Shadow are both much more useful to keeping the druid alive to secure the fight.

I agre with you Celestial Shadow and Druidic Clarity are the traits which keep the druid alive,
but is ancient seeds the one which secure the kill.
Without that trait and just relaying in entangle to immob the targets you could not land any of the big damage package, and druid would fold into the total irrelevancy.

Just saying, the only reason a condi or power druid may work depends only in that trait.

We'll just have to agree to disagree :) To say a single trait is the only reason a condi or power druid may work is just too broad a claim.

Great video, loved the gameplay, loved the music.

At current state of druids in pvp, it is laughable to talk about "toxic environment" in any correlation to druids .

I don't like the design of AC either, I actually think the AC is weak in most cases, especially after they introduced the resistance boon to the game. Between Stability, resistance, and all the imob defense traits/skills, I think this trait is very inconsistent.

I would prefer AC had no CD(like it was initially introduced) but only the caster druid's daze effect could proc the trait. This would make much better fit and synergy with the druid's kit(traits and skills).

And BTW, Getting KD by smokescale is much more passive and annoying .

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:Great video, loved the gameplay, loved the music.

At current state of druids in pvp, it is laughable to talk about "toxic environment" in any correlation to druids .

I don't like the design of AC either, I actually think the AC is weak in most cases, especially after they introduced the resistance boon to the game. Between Stability, resistance, and all the imob defense traits/skills, I think this trait is very inconsistent.

I would prefer AC had no CD(like it was initially introduced) but only the caster druid's daze effect could proc the trait. This would make much better fit and synergy with the druid's kit(traits and skills).

And BTW, Getting KD by smokescale is much more passive and annoying .

Thanks very much! Agreed with the idea about druid's daze and the comment on smokescale passive KD. I think druid overall could use a bit of rework, but it'll probably be lower priority since they introduced other changes in the past patches :pensive:

I'm not sure what is worse, the soulbeast that let you down him with staff auto while trying to pew through your flower wall or the soulbeast that ran away from you the entire time instead of engaging and then dropped you to under half whilst you were stomping.That said, its nice to see some druid play.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:I'm not sure what is worse, the soulbeast that let you down him with staff auto while trying to pew through your flower wall or the soulbeast that ran away from you the entire time instead of engaging and then dropped you to under half whilst you were stomping.That said, its nice to see some druid play.

~ Kovu

I'd say the latter is worse :lol: Maybe next time he'll try and just fight instead of unsuccessfully flee

I used to main druid way back when (LB + Staff). Loved it. Very Versatile and hard to pin down. As weapons/traits got nerfed, I moved away and still try to play druid even today. This is the build I ended with. Not fully happy despite me tweaking it to death. Any suggestions are appreciated. Only thing is LB stays, cant find a 2nd wep set im happy with.

Edit: Moved away from staff initially as need something that wasnt target dependent (for those that randomly stealth, I can still cleave). Watching this video made me yearn for my old dual ranged druid.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEM6MssAmHrjlxOxh+5tVXi0fD-zVRYDRNIG+CptKIwQo1EQtZ53zI-w

@kuteykathy.8123 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:OP: Mind sharing your build?

Happy to! I've left the elite slot blank since it's fairly flexible.Link:

I appreciate you posting it. This is one of the only general classes that I dont care for any of the elites. They are all stale and there are only 2 decent ones.

@kuteykathy.8123 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:OP: Mind sharing your build?

Started running druid in WvW and ive received sooooooo much salt (streamed some of it). Its hilariously sad. Used to main staff/lb so this brought back memories. Still hard to catch me unless you have epic mobility, the jukes I can do and very very few ppl expect a DPS Druid. Mind you my DPS is good (not great), I can typically outlast in a fight (stalemated a lot of times). 2v1'd a ranger and soulbeast and 3v1'd those two plus a berzerker (received salt after these fights)

Thank you for making me realize how entertaining running my Druid can be.

ps. juked out and outran 12 people at NC that was t3, turned around and cleared the camp and capped it before they came back to the circle.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:OP: Mind sharing your build?

Started running druid in WvW and ive received sooooooo much salt (streamed some of it). Its hilariously sad. Used to main staff/lb so this brought back memories. Still hard to catch me unless you have epic mobility, the jukes I can do and very very few ppl expect a DPS Druid. Mind you my DPS is good (not great), I can typically outlast in a fight (stalemated a lot of times). 2v1'd a ranger and soulbeast and 3v1'd those two plus a berzerker (received salt after these fights)

Thank you for making me realize how entertaining running my Druid can be.

ps. juked out and outran 12 people at NC that was t3, turned around and cleared the camp and capped it before they came back to the circle.

Haha, happy to hear that the video encouraged a returning druid to WvW! Sounds like you're having a blast, and congrats on your NC flip! :lol: