Here I am, not doing placements waiting for patch to drop — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Here I am, not doing placements waiting for patch to drop

Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

Because you know that people are now frantically running those broken overtuned builds while they can, I'm not touching ranked till then. Already played 2 placement games (luckily won both) but it was almost nothing but rampage, holoS, mirages and a pinch of condi or dodge thieves, in just TWO games.

I really hope it hits tomorrow (or today) because ranked is the bubonic plague and I aint getting close to it.

Comments

• Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭

Apart from condi thief, I don't find it too bad actually... they basically onehit me with S2+dodge when I am trolling with my power tempest. :lol: Even with perfect blinds, reflects and water overload, I have zero chance.

Still hoping for that patch though, because it can always be better.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019

the bandwagon into "hit and run" classes are bigger than ever, theres matches with 2 condi mirages or 2 condi/dodge thievs leaving the matches in a ugly playstiles with classes that can kill only from far/hiding; or a team full of "hit and run" against a team full of bunkers(like 2holo+2firebrand+1warrior).

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Itz Jay.8941Itz Jay.8941 Member ✭✭✭

@Fortus.6175 said:
    Because you know that people are now frantically running those broken overtuned builds while they can, I'm not touching ranked till then. Already played 2 placement games (luckily won both) but it was almost nothing but rampage, holoS, mirages and a pinch of condi or dodge thieves, in just TWO games.

I really hope it hits tomorrow (or today) because ranked is the bubonic plague and I aint getting close to it.

I played one game with 2 spellbreakers, 2 mirages and a weaver on my team. The enemy was 2 spellbreakers, 2 mirages and a s/d condi theif. It was absolute cancer man honestly the most un-enjoyable kitten I have ever experienced.

I play SB myself I know it's broken but I would like to see something done about rampage but I can't see what else sb can use? IMO they really need to re design the spellbreaker elite into something which compliments the playstyle better.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fortus.6175 said:

I think next patch is like 2 months from now, since the wvw focused one is like 2 weeks old

• Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Fortus.6175 said:

I think next patch is like 2 months from now, since the wvw focused one is like 2 weeks old

Welp, guess I will have to work out my patience muscles.

• Dantheman.3589Dantheman.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hmm you missing out

• @Megametzler.5729 said:
    Apart from condi thief, I don't find it too bad actually... they basically onehit me with S2+dodge when I am trolling with my power tempest. :lol: Even with perfect blinds, reflects and water overload, I have zero chance.

Still hoping for that patch though, because it can always be better.

Sounds like a classic case of "I think I'm doing everything right, so I must be doing everything right?!"

On top of the usual exaggeration, of course.

• @ugrakarma.9416 said:
    the bandwagon into "hit and run" classes are bigger than ever, theres matches with 2 condi mirages or 2 condi/dodge thievs leaving the matches in a ugly playstiles with classes that can kill only from far/hiding; or a team full of "hit and run" against a team full of bunkers(like 2holo+2firebrand+1warrior).

Translation: "I want everyone to run into melee range of my own overtuned class, and not dodge my 40 stacks of burn/25 stacks of might!"

Man, it's almost like there is strategic diversity in the game!

• It would be interesting to see the stats of the number of matches played in unranked compared with ranked. I am not particularly waiting for the patch but I did 9 placement matches out of 10 that's all and I don't bother finishing it, unranked just seems to offer more quality matches than ranked this season. Less toxicity, less AFK and better matchmaking overall I noticed (maybe chance or less match manipulation).

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

@Fortus.6175 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Fortus.6175 said:

Welp, guess I will have to work out my patience muscles.

A small balancing patch is supposed to get released earlier. For me it helped also to adjust my expectation. I don't expect fair matchups, balanced classes or going up in ranks. Just play for the fun of playing. Somebody AFK or some rage in chat - who cares. Everything evens out in the end.