Character Model Quality Update

Jukens.1693

Lowest character model quality option needs an update imo. All backpacks, legendaries, weapons everything on characters should have generic models with this option. Atm all new backpacks etc still load with it and it causes fps drops. This will help reduce fps drops in big zergs both in PvE and WvW.

@Erulogos.2591 said:The FPS dips I see on my rig (i7-6700K, 32 GB DDR4, GTX 1070 8 GB, 500 GB SSD) sort of make me wonder what the devs are running. Maybe they all test on liquid nitrogen cooled, overclocked to 10 GHz, quad 1080ti behemoths.

Or perhaps they just have an outdated engine that is not very well optimised.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Erulogos.2591 said:The FPS dips I see on my rig (i7-6700K, 32 GB DDR4, GTX 1070 8 GB, 500 GB SSD) sort of make me wonder what the devs are running. Maybe they all test on liquid nitrogen cooled, overclocked to 10 GHz, quad 1080ti behemoths.

Or perhaps they just have an outdated engine that is not very well optimised.

Yep, and when you pile a bunch of junk over a pool of quicksand, then you have to expect your computer to have a hard time keeping everything into place. Now, as a kind customer, I'm really sorry I have to decline. Please ANet, understand that I'm running a full time job, and I can't currently learn coding and get hired by you, move to Seattle, and fix your engine. You'll have to do it by yourself. Quickly. Otherwise, I bet a skritt's tail that next expac will open a wormhole in your datacenter.

Regards.

Archived