Rampage changes.

Psycoprophet.8107

Not that I ever use Rampage, but the damage reduction seems a bit stiff. I mean, I wouldn't mind it if similar reductions in damage were applied to other elites, say Daggerstorm for example. They did indicate the desire to reduce the amount of damage across the board, so we'll see when the patch hits.

I'd be okay with the lower damage if they increased the CC amounts, or gave the form another boon to pulse like quickness. In fact quickness is rather fitting for that form, as is superspeed. Sure, take the damage away but give quickness and superspeed pulsing for 2s every second. That would alleviate the kitting people are able to do, and let you get CCs in more. If they just nuke the damage without balancing it out in other ways they're just killing the elite.

Well if you want cc, rampage will still be your pick i guess. I never was a fan of rampage, especially when playing against it, you always have to keep one defensive Tool rdy just in case the enemy runs it.

I much rather use banner, ppl rarely expect the banner stomp and it can also turn fights around when you rally ppl with it. But its not as opressive as rampage.

Rampage is the only warrior skill that truly feels overpowered and lame to use right now imo.

has anyone tested boulder strike seismic and the other attacks? just curious.

I'm referring to this:

Rampage has been overperforming since the initial change that brought its cooldown to 90 seconds, and continues to with the cooldown at 120 seconds. Rather than just bumping up the cooldown again, we’re looking to address an underlying issue: hard CC skills also doing large amounts of damage. This is something that we’re looking to do across the board for the future update, and we see Rampage as a good opportunity to see the idea in action.Rampage skills have been adjusted as followsKick: Power coefficient reduced from 1.2 to 0.01 in PvP onlyThrow Boulder: Power coefficient reduced from 2.0 to 0.01 in PvP onlySeismic Leap: Power coefficient reduced from 1.6 to 0.01 in PvP only

Was curious if anyone tested these.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Though I do agree rampage definitely needed dps shaves I feel they are far to drastic. When the changes go through holo forge will feel more like a warriors rampage mode dps wise lol which is not surprising given the game in question.

How much do you bet that engy elite rampage (forgot the elixirs name) wont see these dmg changes, simply because they will forget about it?

@Axl.8924 said:has anyone tested boulder strike seismic and the other attacks? just curious.

I'm referring to this:

Rampage has been overperforming since the initial change that brought its cooldown to 90 seconds, and continues to with the cooldown at 120 seconds. Rather than just bumping up the cooldown again, we’re looking to address an underlying issue: hard CC skills also doing large amounts of damage. This is something that we’re looking to do across the board for the future update, and we see Rampage as a good opportunity to see the idea in action.Rampage skills have been adjusted as followsKick: Power coefficient reduced from 1.2 to 0.01 in PvP onlyThrow Boulder: Power coefficient reduced from 2.0 to 0.01 in PvP onlySeismic Leap: Power coefficient reduced from 1.6 to 0.01 in PvP only

What do you mean by tested? You mean ppl making the changes testing them before putting them on the live server?If not im not sure what you want to test about those skills, they are pretty straight forward.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Though I do agree rampage definitely needed dps shaves I feel they are far to drastic. When the changes go through holo forge will feel more like a warriors rampage mode dps wise lol which is not surprising given the game in question.

How much do you bet that engy elite rampage (forgot the elixirs name) wont see these dmg changes, simply because they will forget about it?

@Axl.8924 said:has anyone tested boulder strike seismic and the other attacks? just curious.

I'm referring to this:

What do you mean by tested? You mean ppl making the changes testing them before putting them on the live server?If not im not sure what you want to test about those skills, they are pretty straight forward.

I mean players testing the damage on these abilities after these changes to see how strong/weak they are.I am also interested to know if ANET actually tested these changes too before activating them.

@Axl.8924 said:

I'm referring to this:

I mean players testing the damage on these abilities after these changes to see how strong/weak they are.I am also interested to know if ANET actually tested these changes too before activating them.

The change hasn't been implemented so players cant do testing yet, be kinda nice if anet did do a pts type thing before big changes were added but I doubt they'd ever do that. Also looking at coefficient reduction on those skills I'd bet the deeps will basically be removed to a point it willbe inconsequential used for cc only lol

• 2 weeks later...

@Lighter.5631 said:with the damage change, rampage's duration needs to be buffed, or skill cast time.if i'm not wrong, but 0.01 Power coefficient literally means no damage.or cooldown be brought down to be used as third skill bar for utilities.

big no, currently rampage is I win button. this elite pack 3, yes 3! hard CC. you can still deal damage during rampage with auto and dash, as for the damage. they remove scaling but base damage still remains, you will still land 1-2k hits.rampage still good for stomp/rez still good for mobility still good for +1 or running. and it still has damage, just gonna have to be used properly instead of spamming rock->stomp->dash->kick->auto->rock where you throw 4 hard cc in 10s that also hit for 5-12k dmg.

Not a Warrior main, but playing with this on Spell Breaker and Core Warrior it was unbelievably broken. 3x hard CC that can be use multiple times during the transform, all of which are hitting for 4K-8k, while your character is immune to all snares, immune to CC, stacking -50% DR, gaining 2,000 vitality, and having an 11k-damage-1000-range-dash skill on 4.5 seconds of recharge.

Rampage will still have everything there, including 3x hard CC skills that can be cycled 6+ times per transformation. The only difference is now the CC skills alone won’t kill a foe.

This is LONG overdue. I am pretty sure a moderately competent player will still be able to use this skill... People here are ignoring how hard the auto attacks land for and how much damage Dash does. I am pretty sure players will still view this as a broken skill.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:with the damage change, rampage's duration needs to be buffed, or skill cast time.if i'm not wrong, but 0.01 Power coefficient literally means no damage.or cooldown be brought down to be used as third skill bar for utilities.

big no, currently rampage is I win button. this elite pack 3, yes 3! hard CC. you can still deal damage during rampage with auto and dash, as for the damage. they remove scaling but base damage still remains, you will still land 1-2k hits.rampage still good for stomp/rez still good for mobility still good for +1 or running. and it still has damage, just gonna have to be used properly instead of spamming rock->stomp->dash->kick->auto->rock where you throw 4 hard cc in 10s that also hit for 5-12k dmg.

since when x0.01 coefficient is base damage lol, bruh

@Lighter.5631 said:

He didn't bother to read the wiki huh?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage

I think they made it 0.01 because they did not want it as 0 damage, or possibly they were not able to get it to register has a direct hit if they did it as 0? Still... 0.01 is quite lame, 0.4 would have been enough.

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:Not a Warrior main, but playing with this on Spell Breaker and Core Warrior it was unbelievably broken. 3x hard CC that can be use multiple times during the transform, all of which are hitting for 4K-8k, while your character is immune to all snares, immune to CC, stacking -50% DR, gaining 2,000 vitality, and having an 11k-damage-1000-range-dash skill on 4.5 seconds of recharge.

Rampage will still have everything there, including 3x hard CC skills that can be cycled 6+ times per transformation. The only difference is now the CC skills alone won’t kill a foe.

This is LONG overdue. I am pretty sure a moderately competent player will still be able to use this skill... People here are ignoring how hard the auto attacks land for and how much damage Dash does. I am pretty sure players will still view this as a broken skill.

Just to correct you, rampage does not make you immune to snares like immobalize, otger soft cc's like cripple, chill, blind and weakness effect your movement and dmg output still, also condis will wreck you since you wont be able to clear, since no access to utilities.

That said, rampage was imo the only real broken thing about warrior and always felt cheap using it against somebody, also felt lame to lose against it in 2 hits.

Im happy its getting nerfed, ppl in lower pvp ranks will find other stuff to flame warrior for, but thats just how the gw2 community is.

Atleast now i can take the banner without getting flamed lol. Its just fun to rezz and stomp at the same time.

@"sarangajit.5648" said:So now when I press my elite skill called 'Rampage', I start doing less damage? xD

Yet you still receive reduced dmg, 456789437689 cc skills with range and/or mobility with some swiftness/stab sprinkled on top of it. For 15 seconds.0.01 coefficient might be overkill, but stop pretending that skill isn't straight up oppressive xD

Yes, "might", as I'm still not convinced it will magically stop being picked because of no dmg on hard cc skills. Is anyone here sure about it becoming not viable after these changes?

• Confused 1

@"Lighter.5631" said:dont need wiki to know that x0.01 coefficient is not base value lol

That's not what was being referenced. With only a couple of exceptions (siphon effects, mostly found on Necro), "base value" does not exist for strike damage. The damage for every skill is calculated by a multiplication formula, meaning that there is no "minimum" before accounting for high armor/damage reduction. There is no addition at all in these damage calculations.

A skill with a 1.0 coefficient deals double the damage of one with a .5 coefficient, but half of one with 2.0 coefficient, assuming weapon strength and Power don't change.

Expect these affected skills to hit for around 20-50 damage before Protection.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

He didn't bother to read the wiki huh?

I think they made it 0.01 because they did not want it as 0 damage, or possibly they were not able to get it to register has a direct hit if they did it as 0? Still... 0.01 is quite lame, 0.4 would have been enough.

Lol i automatically assumed it was calculated like in league of legends, with the skill having a base value of dmg and an added bonus scaling with power, because 0.01 is so low, i didnt even think anybody would lower its dmg THAT much.

With the whole thing being a multiplication it truly seems like a bit too much of a nerf, but whatever, anet being anet lol. Never liked rampage anyways.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:dont need wiki to know that x0.01 coefficient is not base value lol

That's not what was being referenced. With only a couple of exceptions (siphon effects, mostly found on Necro), "base value" does not exist for strike damage. The damage for every skill is calculated by a multiplication formula, meaning that there is no "minimum" before accounting for high armor/damage reduction. There is no addition at all in these damage calculations.

A skill with a 1.0 coefficient deals double the damage of one with a .5 coefficient, but half of one with 2.0 coefficient, assuming weapon strength and Power don't change.

im pretty sure the guy who mention the base damage first meant 1x coefficient and that's what im implying, no matter the forumla

@Lighter.5631 said:

@"sarangajit.5648" said:So now when I press my elite skill called 'Rampage', I start doing less damage? xD

Yet you still receive reduced dmg, 456789437689 cc skills with range and/or mobility with some swiftness/stab sprinkled on top of it. For 15 seconds.0.01 coefficient might be overkill, but stop pretending that skill isn't straight up oppressive xD

Yes, "might", as I'm still not convinced it will magically stop being picked because of no dmg on hard cc skills. Is anyone here sure about it becoming not viable after these changes?

it's 10 seconds, some people really think they can talk balance before knowing anything.

Not exactly much of a difference in the context of what I wrote, but good job trying to be condescending.

also on topic a single FB can single handily nullify rampage for the entire team with only blind spam.or just stab corrupt from necro.

Irrelevant to what I wrote and to balance changes as a whole tbh.

and of course rampage will still be picked, because signet of rage is 2012 skill and banner is support skill with huge CD.also most importantly, this game is about using skills, the more skill u have the more option you have, having rampage means having a third weapon set.

Ok, so in the end you confirm what I said, good talk.

On topic means im adding my two sense on to the topic of this thread of the original poster, not replying to you.

Ok, then pretty weird placement where you answer to what I said, insert irrelevant sentence in the middle and then continue answering to what I wrote, which is why I wasn't sure why you even wrote it.Actually after rereading first post/thread title, I'm still not sure how's that "on topic", but whatever you say. :D

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:dont need wiki to know that x0.01 coefficient is not base value lol

im pretty sure the guy who mention the base damage first meant 1x coefficient and that's what im implying, no matter the forumla

I'm not sure in what way that would make sense in context of his post. It seems he meant that as "base +scaling dmg" like it is in, for example, LoL where shaving scalings still leaves the basic damage intact.

• Confused 1

Every other Warrior elite skill is trash, so it's pretty much guaranteed warriors will still take rampage inside PvP at least.

With all the CC/damage skills getting nerfed people will probably just use Rampage 4 & 5 to CC and set up for Rampage 3, if not immediately swapping out of rampage for their GS bursts once they've used it to CC someone. Spamming the auto-attack just isn't practical unless you're trying to punish a revive.

Rampage is also pretty good for securing clutch revives and stomps because of the damage reduction and Stability so it'l probably still be used in that way. Much better than Battle Standard at least.

I could be wrong though. With damage going down across the board, there will probably be more bunkers and rampage was never really good VS Bunkers because stability, blocks, and blinds just eat the skill already.