Fix the Rapid Fire skill.

Lociaz.4027

@Lociaz.4027 said:So it has begun!

Fix the Rapid Fire skill!Basically when I enter stealth it need to bee cancelled like the Revenants skill: Unrelenting Assault.

GG Anet!

Stealth is already very strong. It does not to be an instant de-target/pseudo invuln.

One of the counters to an opponent stealthing is to use a channeled ability like Rapid Fire or pistol 3/rifle 3 on Thief/Deadeye. I mean this topic has been beaten to death but yeah... no.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Fix the Rapid Fire skill!Basically when I enter stealth it need to bee cancelled like the Revenants skill: Unrelenting Assault.

GG Anet!

Stealth is already very strong. It does not to be an instant de-target/pseudo invuln.

One of the counters to an opponent stealthing is to use a channeled ability like Rapid Fire or pistol 3/rifle 3 on Thief/Deadeye. I mean this topic has been beaten to death but yeah... no.

Not beaten. You will see soon those ninja nerfs that ArenaNet does...

But the skill needs fix. And also others.Stealth isn't strong. Just learn mehanic. Simple...

@Lociaz.4027 said:

GG Anet!

But the skill needs fix. And also others.Stealth isn't strong. Just learn mehanic. Simple...

Rapid fire isn't strong. Just learn dodge / block / reflect / line of sight / interrupt. Simple...

@Sandzibar.5134 said:

GG Anet!

Rapid fire isn't strong. Just learn dodge / block / reflect / line of sight / interrupt. Simple...

No more discussion... = no logical, at all.So someone has eagle eyes, GG... And revs don't have after doing Unrelenting Assault.

GG Anet!

All the channelled skills work like this, your thief pistol\pistol pewpew does the same. To change that it would require to change in core code and my guess is nobody would like to play with that. Not that there is any need for that other than your opinion.

On the other side what i could get behind is to make the RF pojectiles more visible, like a CoR treatment make them bright red. I get much less hate when i use pharus skin, and also it helps me to see reflected projectiles (which they are a lot) so i can cancel it if needed.

Now if you want an advise. Use valkirie\marauder instead zerker. You will be able to suck up a full RF from a glass ranger no problem. You wont give them another 8 seconds to come off CD again, right?

@anduriell.6280 said:

GG Anet!

All the channelled skills work like this, your thief pistol\pistol pewpew does the same. To change that it would require to change in core code and my guess is nobody would like to play with that. Not that there is any need for that other than your opinion.

On the other side what i could get behind is to make the RF pojectiles more visible, like a CoR treatment make them bright red. I get much less hate when i use pharus skin, and also it helps me to see reflected projectiles (which they are a lot) so i can cancel it if needed.

Now if you want an advise. Use valkirie\marauder instead zerker. You will be able to suck up a full RF from a glass ranger no problem. You wont give them another 8 seconds to come off CD again, right?

I haven't seen P/P thief's in ages!And isn't Unrelenting Assault a channelled skill?And why does it cancel? So makes no sense. To me .

@Lociaz.4027 said:

GG Anet!

I haven't seen P/P thief's in ages!And isn't Unrelenting Assault a channelled skill?And why does it cancel? So makes no sense. To me .

Unrelenting assault is the only exception. It selects the tatget with each teleport.You havent seen any P\P in ages because Rifle DE is a powercreep over core. Brings more range, with more stealth uptime and instant damage packet. No reason to use p\p although i've Seen some rare exception as far as last week in wvw.

But i agree with you it should follow like any other chanelled skill, the rev and the ranger version, both should follow for the shake of consistency. It Would also give the rev more tools to fight high stealth uptime targets.

Still is a minor incosistency which benefits the target, i would find strange you would push to it's fix to behave the same as any chanelled skills.

@"Lociaz.4027" said:So it has begun!

GG Anet!

"Rapid fire" tracking a stealthy enemy is like a ranger's intuition... Is like when arrows hit a target and the rangers predict where the target's going to be , even if the target gone stealthy after it got hit. The "prey" / "hunted" shd've gone stealthy before it got hit.

No hate plzz X)

• 2 months later...

GG Anet!

Rapid-fire already has a cd of like 20-30 sec? It has an obvious animation, its channeling and can be interrupted. I don't see where it needs nerfed

@Axl.8924 said:

GG Anet!

Rapid-fire already has a cd of like 20-30 sec? It has an obvious animation, its channeling and can be interrupted. I don't see where it needs nerfed

The cooldown is 10sec untraited, and its danger comes from Opening Strike, which can be renewed mid-fire exponentially increasing damage. For some reason it seems to increase the entire skill damage by 25% each time.

You just need a source of Fury that doesn't have a cast time..

That said, all channelled skills track stealth because stealth doesn't break aggro either from either players or NPCs. Players still have aggro too; if you remove stealth tracking then you must push the Ranger out of combat mode as well.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

GG Anet!

The cooldown is 10sec untraited, and its danger comes from Opening Strike, which can be renewed mid-fire exponentially increasing damage. For some reason it seems to increase the entire skill damage by 25% each time.

You just need a source of Fury that doesn't have a cast time..

That said, all channelled skills track stealth because stealth doesn't break aggro either from either players or NPCs. Players still have aggro too; if you remove stealth tracking then you must push the Ranger out of combat mode as well.

Eh.. I don't know a lot of people running Marksmanship traitline tbh. And if they are they're gonna be pretty easy to take down..

If the ranger in question hits Rapidfire BEFORE you stealth, you will be tracked. You can do two things. Be faster in stealthing before the ranger hits said skill, or use blocks, evades, or shadowstep to either subvert or get out of range of the attack. Or you can take the full hit of the rapid-fire THEN stealth. You have options, your just failing to utilize those options. Another thing you ca do...tank up. Almost all i'm seeing out of thieves is basilisk venom. Use it or lose it. Can't rapid-fire if i'm stunned now can i.