After being Away for a few months I am disappointed

Kuulpb.5412

I come back from playing other games to GW2 to see if necromancer had any buffs that would make ANY Of its massive flaws that are so easily exploitable that you need to be blind to not see them, but no, Scourge nerf so they have to be in a shade area to remove a condi, Apply barrier, Heal with transfusion, They made Death magic Worse by focusing it on Toughness which is one of the worst scaling attributes in the game.

I would have hoped that in a deathmagic rework they would focus on Survivability, but no, "You get a bit more toughness" ( 600 toughness at max), 600 Toughness has barely any effect on incoming damage, No effect on conditions, and Just further means you can't use Death magic line in raids unless you're the tank for some reason.

I have No idea why they would make these changes, Especially since if any of these were to counter PvP/WvW then they should split the traits and not just nerf it for All game modes.

I dunno about other game modes that wvw, but scourge is the main concern, shades hits way too much targets.Death magic wasnt anybetter before tho, now, you can have theorically permanent protection with death magic, and up to 30% condition reduction aswell.

@"Kuulpb.5412" said:I come back from playing other games to GW2 to see if necromancer had any buffs that would make ANY Of its massive flaws that are so easily exploitable that you need to be blind to not see them, but no, Scourge nerf so they have to be in a shade area to remove a condi, Apply barrier, Heal with transfusion, They made Death magic Worse by focusing it on Toughness which is one of the worst scaling attributes in the game.

I would have hoped that in a deathmagic rework they would focus on Survivability, but no, "You get a bit more toughness" ( 600 toughness at max), 600 Toughness has barely any effect on incoming damage, No effect on conditions, and Just further means you can't use Death magic line in raids unless you're the tank for some reason.

I have No idea why they would make these changes, Especially since if any of these were to counter PvP/WvW then they should split the traits and not just nerf it for All game modes.

AHAHAHAHA, I have been in a similar boat, for about a year now, I have not played this game other than daily logins, hoping for necro buffs. but as I have learned. Anet doesn't care about necro, necro is the punching bag for the devs and the other professions, for them to beat us down, they want to take out frustration? go punch the necro some more. Anet is like "Necro is doing something other than being a boon corrupt bot?" takes out nerf bat and then they hit it again with that. Necro is a joke in nearly all modes, it is only a boon corrupt bot and it is not supposed to be anything else according to the balance team and what they have done to it over the years

@"len.7809" said:I dunno about other game modes that wvw, but scourge is the main concern, shades hits way too much targets.Death magic wasnt anybetter before tho, now, you can have theorically permanent protection with death magic, and up to 30% condition reduction aswell.

Great. Other classes (supports like fb and scrapper...) bring protection to the group and cleanse/convert so you don't need anything that deathmagic offers.The only thing it offers is power for those stacks, but other traitlines offer more dmg.

Sure I'm completely with you. 10 enemy targets is too much.10 allies wouldn't matter that much, as for example guard can give 10 man stab as well.

But making this change will completely obliterate scourge dmg output, which is, compared to other classes potential output, much lower.Good revs should still be above a good scourge, even right now. Good eles will always have 2-4 times higher dmg than a good necro right now and we want to half scourges dmg without giving anything back? Then ele is at 3-6 times the dmg of a scourge, which is ridiculous.Burn firebrand - not so popular but really really strong and can also beat necro in terms of dmg.

Should sand savant be changed? - YesShould the do the proposed changes? - noWhat should they do then? - make sand savant a pure support trait.

Best thing to do:

1. revert the shade change
  2. Keep old sand savant
  3. But change old sand savant slightly to:F2-4 don't trigger a shade attack anymore. So f2-4 cannot dmg enemies. ->Corrupt from f2 wouldn't work anymore.And maybe also make it buff barriers a bit. like "all skills that generate barrier, generate 500 more"

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"len.7809" said:I dunno about other game modes that wvw, but scourge is the main concern, shades hits way too much targets.Death magic wasnt anybetter before tho, now, you can have theorically permanent protection with death magic, and up to 30% condition reduction aswell.

Great. Other classes (supports like fb and scrapper...) bring protection to the group and cleanse/convert so you don't need anything that deathmagic offers.The only thing it offers is power for those stacks, but other traitlines offer more dmg.

Sure I'm completely with you. 10 enemy targets is too much.10 allies wouldn't matter that much, as for example guard can give 10 man stab as well.

But making this change will completely obliterate scourge dmg output, which is, compared to other classes potential output, much lower.Good revs should still be above a good scourge, even right now. Good eles will always have 2-4 times higher dmg than a good necro right now and we want to half scourges dmg without giving anything back? Then ele is at 3-6 times the dmg of a scourge, which is ridiculous.Burn firebrand - not so popular but really really strong and can also beat necro in terms of dmg.

Should sand savant be changed? - YesShould the do the proposed changes? - noWhat should they do then? - make sand savant a pure support trait.

Best thing to do:
  2. Keep old sand savant
  3. But change old sand savant slightly to:F2-4 don't trigger a shade attack anymore. So f2-4 cannot dmg enemies. ->Corrupt from f2 wouldn't work anymore.And maybe also make it buff barriers a bit. like "all skills that generate barrier, generate 500 more"

@"len.7809" said:I dunno about other game modes that wvw, but scourge is the main concern, shades hits way too many targets.Death magic wasn't any better before tho, now, you can have theoretically permanent protection with death magic, and up to 30% condition reduction aswell.

Great. Other classes (supports like fb and scrapper...) bring protection to the group and cleanse/convert so you don't need anything that death magic offers.The only thing it offers is power for those stacks, but other train lines offer more dmg.

Sure I'm complete with you. 10 enemy targets is too much.10 allies wouldn't matter that much, as, for example, a guard can give 10 men stab as well.

But making this change will completely obliterate scourge dmg output, which is, compared to other classes' potential output, much lower.Good revs should still be above a good scourge, even right now. Good eles will always have 2-4 times higher dmg than a good necro right now and we want to half scourges dmg without giving anything back? Then ele is at 3-6 times the dmg of a scourge, which is ridiculous.Burn firebrand - not so popular but really really strong and can also beat necro in terms of dmg.

Best thing to do:
  2. Keep old sand savant
  3. But change old sand savant slightly to:F2-4 doesn't trigger a shade attack anymore. So f2-4 cannot dmg enemies. ->Corrupt from f2 wouldn't work anymore.And maybe also make it buff barriers a bit. like "all skills that generate barrier, generate 500 more"

How about giving scourge the option to be a condi dmg dealer too? if it means lessening our boon corrupt i-d love to be able to say hey can I be a condi anything? no? why not oh I'm shoehorned into support? well, il go play something else then. Its not just necros doing sub-par dmg on scourge that I'm worried about, but sub-par support.

At this point I have doubts they will ever allow necros or scourge to be good at anything enough to be on a level with everyone

@Axl.8924 said:

Best thing to do:
  2. Keep old sand savant

@"len.7809" said:I dunno about other game modes that wvw, but scourge is the main concern, shades hits way too many targets.Death magic wasn't any better before tho, now, you can have theoretically permanent protection with death magic, and up to 30% condition reduction aswell.

Great. Other classes (supports like fb and scrapper...) bring protection to the group and cleanse/convert so you don't need anything that death magic offers.The only thing it offers is power for those stacks, but other train lines offer more dmg.

Sure I'm complete with you. 10 enemy targets is too much.10 allies wouldn't matter that much, as, for example, a guard can give 10 men stab as well.

But making this change will completely obliterate scourge dmg output, which is, compared to other classes' potential output, much lower.Good revs should still be above a good scourge, even right now. Good eles will always have 2-4 times higher dmg than a good necro right now and we want to half scourges dmg without giving anything back? Then ele is at 3-6 times the dmg of a scourge, which is ridiculous.Burn firebrand - not so popular but really really strong and can also beat necro in terms of dmg.

Best thing to do:
  2. Keep old sand savant
  3. But change old sand savant slightly to:F2-4 doesn't trigger a shade attack anymore. So f2-4 cannot dmg enemies. ->Corrupt from f2 wouldn't work anymore.And maybe also make it buff barriers a bit. like "all skills that generate barrier, generate 500 more"

How about giving scourge the option to be a condi dmg dealer too? if it means lessening our boon corrupt i-d love to be able to say hey can I be a condi anything? no? why not oh I'm shoehorned into support? well, il go play something else then. Its not just necros doing sub-par dmg on scourge that I'm worried about, but sub-par support.

At this point I have doubts they will ever allow necros or scourge to be good at anything enough to be on a level with everyone

I think you are referring to this:

Currently, that's not really the case.

Condition oriented support.

Nowhere near that.Renegade and firebrands are just so much better condition oriented supports

Cause they actually offer something meaningful: boons.Which necro isn't able to, or only really lackluster at it