Scooby Doo called, they want their bad guy outfit back... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Scooby Doo called, they want their bad guy outfit back...

I mean, even the color scheme used in the gemstore pic screams scooby doo bad guy...
gw023.jpg

<1

Comments

• @Mewcifer.5198 said:
    With the right dyes it could be a go-go dancer.

Or a go-away dancer. That'd be fine.

The worst part of it is the physics. None of it looks like it'd stay on the moment you moved. Mask looks alright, gauntlets are okay, I see they at least tried to give you skin tats which some players have wanted. The rest seems formless or, if a female model, very obviously designed for sex appeal. Can't see a use for such a mish-mosh design, but at least there's the Arctic Explorer Outfit for a more practical look.

• Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019

My first thought was a ghillie suit...
    https://cdn10.bigcommerce.com/s-guwk8/products/291/images/3465/5-Piece--Woodland-Standing__34254.1559074479.1280.1280.jpg

I have never seen a norn ever wear anything like that costume in the whole game..

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

@Evil Seabass.5214 said:
    I mean, even the color scheme used in the gemstore pic screams scooby doo bad guy...
    gw023.jpg

Not at all... Scooby Doo had much better looking outfits ha ha :)

• Tyncale.1629Tyncale.1629 Member ✭✭✭

Or a Wookie. It's not pretty. People buy this? I hope the next round of BL stuff will be more Utility related again. :)

• FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, at least its unique.
    I found most other ones horrible generic.

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019

I just died a little inside. That outfit and the title made me snort giggling. I just imagined the Mad King walking around, telling people to kindly not try to rip his face off.

(inwardly screams)

There is a reason the old paths are behind us; the only way we can see what's in front of us is to look forward and remember why the old paths were left behind.
    "I always thought that Joko was a THOT."
    Bruh, fix your car.

• @Tyncale.1629 said:
    Or a Wookie. It's not pretty. People buy this? I hope the next round of BL stuff will be more Utility related again. :)

Lisa gleefully responds...I bought it yesterday as soon as I saw it. Loving it.

People like different things..on a serious note, my mom is suffering from Dementia and I am her caretaker. I need something silly in my life...

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I have to say...that is the most unappealing (to me) Outfit yet.

Thumbs up because you added the (to me)

• @Melech.4308 said:
    To each his/her own; in this case, for those who want to look like a sasquatch

Or for those who want to look like a "Commander of Ravens."

My male Norn is wearing this outfit bravely into the next living story...wonder if there will be ravens there for him to command :)

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:

@Melech.4308 said:
    To each his/her own; in this case, for those who want to look like a sasquatch

Or for those who want to look like a "Commander of Ravens."

My male Norn is wearing this outfit bravely into the next living story...wonder if there will be ravens there for him to command :)

Probably, but they'll be atop the haunted Lighthouse

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

We start going to places we never been and people say but I've never seen a (insert race here) like that anywhere in the game.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thief is my obsession.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mewcifer.5198 said:
    With the right dyes it could be a go-go dancer.

That was my exact thought when I first saw it! :lol:

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019

The boots/lower legs remind me of those fuzzy leg warmer things I have seen people wearing in pictures from raves/music festivals.

• I don't collect skins BUT if I did I would so totally get this one. It's amusing and fun.

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

Looks like someone was rummaging around in a '60's costume drawer. The thing needs to be taken outside and burned. I wish we could turn outfits on other players off, to a default gear like pvp, instead of being inflicted with this hideous eyesore. This is even worse than those mordrem outfit abominations, yuck!

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Okay, first of all:

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

@Trise.2865 said:
    Okay, first of all:

That looks like a berserker. And, I...may, possibly, love his fabulous beard.

There is a reason the old paths are behind us; the only way we can see what's in front of us is to look forward and remember why the old paths were left behind.
    "I always thought that Joko was a THOT."
    Bruh, fix your car.

• slpr.2647slpr.2647 Member ✭✭

im going to amend this a little. looks good on female, pretty bad on male. lol on female its a killer jumpsuit. and dyed right, it looks pretty cool

• Gryphon.2875Gryphon.2875 Member ✭✭✭

So many outfits would look so much better with toggle-able shoulders and gloves, like the Mersaat outfit.

i see they changed me post title. to long? or didnt like anet being mentioned? the reason i mentioned them in the title was so theyd SEE it

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

They would make so much more money from me if I could

1.) Hide Helm, Shoulder, Gloves
    2.) The biggest $$$ they would get from me is if they allowed me to transmog those pieces to something else.

• MokahTGS.7850MokahTGS.7850 Member ✭✭✭

yeah....honestly I thought either cartoon villain or Cher outfit...in truth they are the same thing.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vrIF4DP

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@slpr.2647 said:
    about outfits. we can remove the headpiece, but not the shoulders. why is this?
    there are a bunch of outfits that would look absolutely awesome, if we could just remove the shoulders. sometimes even the gloves, but those to bother me as much.
    this latest one especially. the shoulders on this this are, hmm, whats the word. hideous? ridiculous? silly? ugly? i could go on. BUT, the outfit itself is awesome.
    can you imagine the sales you lose because of this?
    so, answer us this question. why cant we remove shoulders like we can with armor sets. plz

Outfits are basically a one-piece suit, plus the head piece. This is why you can toggle the head piece visible/invisible (on/off).

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Andy.5981Andy.5981 Member ✭✭✭

It looks to me like a car crash between Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees hair circa 1980's, Shoulders from one of Elton John's costumes in the 1970s and Snuffleupagus' legs.

• Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭

On an Asura, it looks like a green Sonic the Hedgehog.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jimbru.6014 said:
    On an Asura, it looks like a green Sonic the Hedgehog.

Still better looking than the Sonic movie.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019

Did ANet pick this from a kindergarten halloween costume design competition?

• I thought about buying it for my female Norn necromancer but she has an striking facial tattoo, the Demon Masque. This is important to her look and removing the outfit headpiece removes all armor headpieces too, leaving her barefaced. I also didn’t like how bulky the shoes are so it was a no purchase for me.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/ba/Demon_Masque_Norn.jpg

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

I thought this set would've been better off if the helmet, shoulders and gloves were sold separately. Maybe the boots, too.
    But the legs and torso are just rags.

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

@kharmin.7683 said:

Outfits are basically a one-piece suit, plus the head piece. This is why you can toggle the head piece visible/invisible (on/off).

yes, i know this, but why? i want to why specifically we cant have a toggle for shoulders. simply because they dont want us to be able to toggle shoulders and gloves? it simply doesnt make sense. if they can give us a headpiece toggle, they can give us a shoulder/glove toggle. nobody is asking to have the ability to use armor in its place, simply toggle them off. like we can headpieces

• Melech.4308Melech.4308 Member ✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019

@slpr.2647 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

yes, i know this, but why? i want to why specifically we cant have a toggle for shoulders. simply because they dont want us to be able to toggle shoulders and gloves? it simply doesnt make sense. if they can give us a headpiece toggle, they can give us a shoulder/glove toggle. nobody is asking to have the ability to use armor in its place, simply toggle them off. like we can headpieces

Because it is more expensive and time consuming for them to create armor skins rather than outfits, and what you're asking for is almost halfway of turning outfits into armor skins:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/969914/#Comment_969914

"Armor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it's like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop. (That's for a normal armor set -- legendary is much longer.) It's not something we can do for Living World episodes. Individual pieces are good rewards for Living World episodes; full sets are more something for expansion packs." - Mike O'Brien

@Melech.4308 said:

@slpr.2647 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

Because it is more expensive and time consuming for them to create armor skins rather than outfits

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/969914/#Comment_969914

"Armor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it's like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop. (That's for a normal armor set -- legendary is much longer.) It's not something we can do for Living World episodes. Individual pieces are good rewards for Living World episodes; full sets are more something for expansion packs." - Mike O'Brien

not asking for them to be turned into armor sets! giving a toggle option cant be that hard, they did it for headpieces! we dont want outfits turned into armor sets. giving a toggle for shoulders and gloves doesnt have anything to with weight classes, nothing at all

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019

@PyrateSilly.4710 said:
    I don't collect skins BUT if I did I would so totally get this one. It's amusing and fun.

I'd so get this one and make it bright pink with purple. Like a kitten-predator.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    They would have got away with it if it weren’t for us pesky kids

Taimi. xD

My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Looks like Gwar raided Van Halen's closet. (θ ヮθ) (Don't look up the aforementioned if you're at work!)

And... sigh, new outfit that brings our total to 29 outfits where asura and charr get the male version of outfits only. There are another 6 outfits where charr have male only. There are only 15 outfits altogether where charr and asura female both get the female outfits! 35 total outfits the charr female gets excluded from!

Please quit treating the charr and asura players as an afterthought Anet, some of us want the same options you offer the OTHER 3 races... and some of us aren't playing human characters at all and we're getting literally less content for the same money on these outfits when you refuse to alter the female versions, just copy-paste the male version because the bodies are the same and it's less effort. If you're gonna bring snacks bring enough for the rest of the class, please.

• Colour it brown and you'd have a decent Chewbacca!

• Melech.4308Melech.4308 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

@Amy of Darkness.5248 said:
    Looks like Gwar raided Van Halen's closet. (θ ヮθ) (Don't look up the aforementioned if you're at work!)

And... sigh, new outfit that brings our total to 29 outfits where asura and charr get the male version of outfits only. There are another 6 outfits where charr have male only. There are only 15 outfits altogether where charr and asura female both get the female outfits! 35 total outfits the charr female gets excluded from!

Please quit treating the charr and asura players as an afterthought Anet, some of us want the same options you offer the OTHER 3 races... and some of us aren't playing human characters at all and we're getting literally less content for the same money on these outfits when you refuse to alter the female versions, just copy-paste the male version because the bodies are the same and it's less effort. If you're gonna bring snacks bring enough for the rest of the class, please.

I imagine this is what it would look like on a female Asura:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/53/30/f4/5330f46b8e4f25c39c0d5791f3b24cb1.jpg

• Udolpho.1209Udolpho.1209 Member ✭✭✭

This outfit looks like a Muppet Troll doll going to a rave.

...It made me laugh. A LOT. It's hard to really hate something that makes you laugh. It might fall into the "so bad, it's good" category. I'm actually tempted to buy it, now that my utter disbelief has past. I don't know what the designers were smoking, but it's got good vibes man.

To critique it:

• It's disappointing that the ladies get an elaborately cut-out body suit, with extra-special attention given to the behind, while the guys get a ripped sack cloth held up with rope (and noticeably less attention given to the same area).
    • Having the shiny metal of the chest piece use the same dye channel as the inked body tattoo was a huge mistake imo. Because if you want the metal to look like metal, gold or silver, you end up with yellow or grey tats. If you dye for the tats, you end up with weird looking metal. I'd have linked the skin tats to the earring detail/eyes color channel.
  • Haha! Well, the concept artist DID mention Gremlins as an inspiration...
    I don't even want the outfit, I'm just incensed on principle!

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Quick.. someone wear the outfit and eat after midnight!

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019

@Funky.4861 said:

@Trise.2865 said:
    Okay, first of all:

What's your point, other than he's anti-PETA and has low-quality tatoos?

Still looks a thousand times better than that Ghillie costume.

Looks like a shrub on Asura..

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

You look like a cross between a Firey from Labyrinth and Oscar the Grouch.

You look like a rejected extra experiment from Swamp Thing.

You look like a typical Scooby Doo Villian, but we never figured out who the bad guy was.

You look like a green hand duster made love to a Tengu.

You look like a Sonic the Hedgehog side character that hung out with Austin Powers too long.

(give me some time while I think of some more, or add your own)

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thief is my obsession.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.